DVDFab 5.0.4.5 Beta is out

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 5.0.4.5 Beta is out (June 29, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5045Beta_avangate-689.exe

What’s New:

5.0.4.5 Beta (June 29, 2008)
New: Improved DirectShow preview. It’s more stable and user can seek now.
New: Updated language files.

5.0.4.0 Beta (June 21, 2008)
New: Added DirectShow decoder support for Preview, which means preview can work like real DVD player now.
New: For preview, user can enter/exit full screen, and can switch audio while playing.
New: Added option “Decoder” in “Settings -> General -> Preview”, user can choose from “Internal” and “DirectShow”.
New: Added options “Video Decoder” and “Audio Decoder”, user can choose specific filter from all the installed DirectShow filters.
New: Updated VSO burning engine.
New: Updated language files.
Fix: A low quality problem when using H.264 1-pass encoding, from version 5.0.3.0.
Fix: Several minor problems.

5.0.3.5 Beta (June 13, 2008)
Fix: A/V sync problem when using 2-pass encoding in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Video can’t be played on PS3 when using ps3.default profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: A crash problem when opening DVD in certain cases.
Fix: A crash problem when opening DVD if PathPlayer is enabled in certain cases.
Fix: A crash problem when using “Write Data” in certain cases.
Fix: A crash problem when converting process has just started in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Nice full screen preview player the last beta would open the full screen but not play the picture and this new beta when I right click on the preview screen to go to full screen it just hangs and freezes the program if I double click on the full screen in the task bar it will start playing normally in the small preview screen I have the direct show codecs installed and selected right just like it is shown on your web site.

I am running Vista ultimate 32.

Thank you for your updates as always I just don’t know what I am doing wrong if anything and this is a clean install of Vista too??

Fantastic work, Fengtao and Ting! :clap::clap::clap:

Many thanks for all the hard work which you, and the others in your team, put into updating DVDFab in this way, and yet keep it from becoming bloatware.:iagree:

My girls send their regards and thanks as well. :flower:

See you later then, and thanks again. Jim :wink:

Thanks guys :clap: !:clap:

[FONT=“Comic Sans MS”][B]Fengtao & Ting,
SWEET thank-you
Barry :clap::cool:[/FONT][/B]

Thanks Fengtao - great stuff.

2 problems so far with preview.
Firstly - Volume slider does not work properly - if you try and adjust the volume it mutes. The volume only comes back if you then set the slider to full.
Secondly - I do not want the preview to play automatically so I have this box UNCHECKED in the settings, but, preview will always play automatically.

I have tried all of this with ffdshow, PowerDVD and Nero filters - and all behave the same.

Thanks for all the hard work.

It just gets better and better. Thanks Fengtao and Ting.;):clap:

Thanks Fengtao and Ting

Thanks Fengtao and Ting!

Rock & Roll…:cool:

Windows Vista SP1.

Sound is only working when ffdshow is selected. No picture disturbing in any mode (Nero, Microsoft, ffdshow).

Full screen preview is not working. When selected it continues to play in the mini window.

Dear all,

We will do more test on Vista OS, thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

thanks again you guys rock

An FYI,

The DirectShow preview seems to be functioning well for me now.
I’m able to switch audio tracks midstream and no crashes…:cool:…just keeps on running.
Also able to switch to full screen and back again…no problems.

I’m using the latest ffdshow revision 1723.

On occasion I experience minor pixelation, but nothing that gets in the way of "previewing"
If it were doing this in a bkup…it’d be annoying

:cool:

thank you

[QUOTE=maineman;2085463]I’m using the latest ffdshow revision 1723.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps latest stable one. Latest ffdshow revision is 2026.

[QUOTE=fengtao;2085439]Dear all,

We will do more test on Vista OS, thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere & I’ve missed it due to the hundreds of posts on these threads, but have the Windows 98 compatibility issues ever been fixed?

Re: Preview
Seems improved. Video still breaks up slightly and audio jitters at abrupt scene transitions (high peak bit rate?). As Maineman said, fine for previewing just annoying. Symptoms vary a little depending on which filter is selected; ffdshow 1723 seems to be the most stable of the many ffdshow compiles and more stable than the other filters I have installed. No crashes so far. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2085474]Perhaps latest stable one. Latest ffdshow revision is 2026.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected…:o…nice catch
Thanks Gummi…1723 is indeed, the latest stable beta revision tryout according to the site, release date: 12/24/07.

The link is:
http://www.ffdshow.info/

okay after doing some more testing i now have full audio and preview functionality. :clap: had a few crashes to begin with but now all is good.

download the latest ffdshow dated 6-22-08
http://www.free-codecs.com/FFDshow_download.htm

be sure to select do not limit on the ffdshow setup screen.