DVDFab 5.0.4.5 – Pianomans Bug Report

vbimport

Hi folks!
I’ve been playing around with DVDFab and I’m pretty impressed by its capabilities and features. Though I’ve encountered some problems which keep me from using it as my main backup tool. I’d like to share my experiences to help improving this great app!

New bugs:

1. The option “Play selected title automatically” has no function. It starts to play whether this options is ticked or not.

2. The volumen control of the preview mode does work correctly. If I change the volumen it just mutes the sound. Only setting the slider to maximum brings back the sound.

Old bugs:

1. The progress bar does not work correctly in “Split” Mode. It goes to ~50 and stucks there.
    See my screenshot.

2. DVDFab’s output of “Customize Split”-Mode is not compatible with VLC 0.8.6h.
    I backed up “Charmed” Season 7 Disc 4 and tried to split it to two discs. On disc one episodes 1 and 2, on disc two episodes 3 and 4. I kept the menu and removed the unwanted stuff. See my settings in the screenshot below.
    The output of DVD was set to “Folder” and created two folders I called “Charmed S7D4.1” and “Charmed S7D4.2”
    VLC is able to open the DVD and jumps straight to the menu – OK! But after I selected an episode (e.g. episode 1 or 2 on disc1) it just hangs! It “jumps around” between two window modes – see my screenshots below.
    Though, Power DVD 8 Is able to play the files properly.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-4-0-pianomans-bug-report-247441/#post2083259

Fixed in this release:
The new preview mode works fine with the latest ffdshow!
Now it does not jump to the beginning of the selected title after changing the audio stream…

with best regards
pianoman

WinXP/SP3
FFDShow 2008-06-22 (rev. 2019)

Hi Pianoman,

The two new bugs has been fixed, please wait for next version.

For the old bugs, we will check it asap.

Thanks for your feedback again!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks for your quick response. It’s a great honor to help you!
I’ll do a little “bug review” now and then, if you don’t mind…

[quote=fengtao;2085896]Hi Pianoman,

The two new bugs has been fixed, please wait for next version.

For the old bugs, we will check it asap.

Thanks for your feedback again!

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/quote]It also plays the selected title even if you have manually closed the preview window.