DVDFab 5.0.2.8 Beta still crashes on 2 pass PSP

vbimport

I just ran a test on a 2 hour 15 minute movie with PSP 2 pass using the psp.h264.aac profile and DVDConsole crashed after the first pass.

I’m not seeing any crashing here on 2 pass encoding. But I’m still trying to get a good copy of Tarzan for my grand daughter.

The audio is still out of sync using 5.0.2.8 beta - Mobile DVD to ps3 profile - selecting ‘Playstation 3’ in the dropdown - using 2 pass encoding.

Video is fine but about 60-90 seconds into the movie the audio stops for 45-60 seconds and then resumes where it stopped.

Running on a Intel Core 2 quad - 4G ram - Vista 64bit

hi,

I just ran a test on a 2 hour 15 minute movie with PSP 2 pass using the psp.h264.aac profile and DVDConsole crashed after the first pass.

There are any more information about the DVDFabConsole crash ?

[QUOTE=Ting;2069950]hi,

There are any more information about the DVDFabConsole crash ?[/QUOTE]

I didn’t look that time but I’ll try it again and see If I can get more.

I just reran the test. There is no more information available. A small wondow pops up and says DVDFAb Console has stopped working. Can you tell me how to get more info?

Ting, with all due respect, the 2-pass crash has been around since version 4.x and is well documented in many forum posts. I strongly believe it’s the assertion failed crash at the end of encoding the 2nd pass. I have not been able to successfully use 2-pass encoding (to ps3 or psp profile) since about version 3.2.x. I actually am still using a 3.2.x to do all my encoding because it has not worked since about then. Every version of 4.x gave me the assertion failed error. And now, in version 5.x, it’s still crashing in the same place, but it’s being covered up by an “oopsy, DVDFab has encountered an error, please fill out the information and submit the crash information to DVDFab” dialog box. I have “sent” this information several times, and I’ve even contacted tech support. I have tried all versions (including betas) of 4.x and 5.x on brand-spanking-new Windows XP and Windows Vista machines, so I know the installs are “clean” and there is nothing “left over” from a previous DVDFab install. This is very frustrating because my destination is a PS3, so it’s the only profile I desire to use DVDFab for… and if it can’t work, then I’m stuck using version 3.2.x… which still has many audio/video sync issues with more current DVD’s. If you need anymore information from me to help debug the problem, let me know… I can reproduce this issue on any of my multiple computer OS configurations. Thanks.

hi. CDRipper

I didn’t look that time but I’ll try it again and see If I can get more.

Looks this is the other reason cause this problem, I will think about how to add some logic in DVDFabConsole to track this error.

hi. triggerx44

Did you try the new beta version, in this version, I am sure I have fixed two bug which can cause the assert window appear in 2pass encoding, and then the task failed.

If it is possible, please tell me which DVD is your using for test, and the detail profile, you can select “Save as default” to save it and send it to me, I will try to reproduce it, I think this will help me to find the problem better.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Ting;2070215]If it is possible, please tell me which DVD is your using for test, and the detail profile, you can select “Save as default” to save it and send it to me, I will try to reproduce it, I think this will help me to find the problem better.[/QUOTE]

I used “The Ten Commandments” Disk 1, but any movie over two hours long will cause the problem. The profile was “psp.h264.aac”.

Ting, thanks for the update! So far, I’m not getting the crash at the end of 2nd pass… however I am now getting a resulting MP4 video that’s slightly choppy. The movie I’m testing on is Hero. I’m going to run a few more tests… because it appears that the “default” resolutions have been changed in a more recent version… and I’m still searching for one that comes close to the old frame resolution I use to use. (or maybe that’s how the issue was fixed?)

I was having the crash problem too, but installing the microsoft c++ runtime files seemed to fix it, (another product I installed, detected the c++ install was not complete), and then I tried the DVDfab again and it worked

[QUOTE=RedNight;2074967]I was having the crash problem too, but installing the microsoft c++ runtime files seemed to fix it, (another product I installed, detected the c++ install was not complete), and then I tried the DVDfab again and it worked[/QUOTE]

Can you provide the URL for the download?

[QUOTE=RedNight;2074967]I was having the crash problem too, but installing the microsoft c++ runtime files seemed to fix it, (another product I installed, detected the c++ install was not complete), and then I tried the DVDfab again and it worked[/QUOTE]

I found the files and installed them. No luck, still crashes.

Using 5.0.3.0, and now 5.0.3.5 Beta, I can now successfully do a 2-pass conversion using the PS3 profile, however, now the video is not as good quality as what I was getting with DVDFab 3.x and 4.x. :frowning: