DVDFAB 5.0.2.2 not ready for the BIG LEAGUE

vbimport

Hi folks,

Are DVD copying/ripping so complex? Reading the threads
from CD FREAKS. It seems there are overwhelming things
for FENGTAO to fix and there are endless faults & bugs with
the latest version of DVDFAB program.

Furthermore, I realized DVDFAB forum has one of the most written threads and readers…That can tell you something…

1. Fengtao is very responsive to customs needs.
  2. DVDFab has many supporters and users.
  3. DVDFab is a buggy program.
  4. Users are too demanding certainly wanting to get their
    monies worth with the program.

Really, I think there are more problems with version 5 than
version 4.1.2.0. The problems that did not exist in version 4,
creeped up in version 5. FengTao should have made the
programs better before releasing it.

But I am no expert. This is just my opinion.

On another note. Recently, I ripped a few movies using DVDFAB 5.0.2.2 without any problems, only to realize that after a few days that those movies I ripped cannot be played in my Home Entertainment System. I got a DISK IS DIRTY message that appeared on my TV.

However, those same disk played well in my PC using VLC Player.
Since, the DVD were ripped without any faults, I assumed
that they were OK. I did not seek assistance from this Forum.

On the other hand, now that problems arises (ripped movies
were okay…but after a few days found out that it cannot be
played on player). What should I do? I wasted
another 4 to 6 hrs + disks ripping the same movies over
again. Using version 4.1.2.0. This is really bothersome!!

Problems like those mentioned above did not happened on
version 4.1.2.0. It was flawless program. I could ripped
moives and view it later without any problems. Noted, that I
am using now using both DVDFAB 4 & 5. I wanted to
continue using version 5.0.2.2 but I think it is really not ready
for the big league. Version 4.1.2.0 is.

On the other hand, I use EMC’s (Disk Copy) + Regional Code
(DVDILE program) occasionally, and the and result is
fabulous. Much faster ripping, better compression and
produces no errors whatsoever. Of course, considering that
DVDFAB has all the other functions & that I already made purchased for DVDFAB, makes it more enticing.

That’s all I can say for now.

Chow.

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2064856]Hi folks,

Are DVD copying/ripping so complex? Reading the threads
from CD FREAKS. It seems there are overwhelming things
for FENGTAO to fix and there are endless faults & bugs with
the latest version of DVDFAB program.

Furthermore, [B]I realized DVDFAB forum has one of the most written threads and readers…That can tell you something…[/B]

1. Fengtao is very responsive to customs needs.
  2. DVDFab has many supporters and users.
  3. DVDFab is a buggy program.
  4. Users are too demanding certainly wanting to get their
    monies worth with the program.

Really, I think there are more problems with version 5 than
version 4.1.2.0. The problems that did not exist in version 4,
creeped up in version 5. FengTao should have made the
programs better before releasing it.

But I am no expert. This is just my opinion.

On another note. Recently, I ripped a few movies using DVDFAB 5.0.2.2 without any problems, only to realize that after a few days that those movies I ripped cannot be played in my Home Entertainment System. I got a DISK IS DIRTY message that appeared on my TV.

However, those same disk played well in my PC using VLC Player.
Since, the DVD were ripped without any faults, I assumed
that they were OK. I did not seek assistance from this Forum.

On the other hand, now that problems arises (ripped movies
were okay…but after a few days found out that it cannot be
played on player). What should I do? I wasted
another 4 to 6 hrs + disks ripping the same movies over
again. Using version 4.1.2.0. This is really bothersome!!

Problems like those mentioned above did not happened on
version 4.1.2.0. It was flawless program. I could ripped
moives and view it later without any problems. Noted, that I
am using now using both DVDFAB 4 & 5. I wanted to
continue using version 5.0.2.2 but I think it is really not ready
for the big league. Version 4.1.2.0 is.

On the other hand, I use EMC’s (Disk Copy) + Regional Code
(DVDILE program) occasionally, and the and result is
fabulous. Much faster ripping, better compression and
produces no errors whatsoever. Of course, considering that
DVDFAB has all the other functions & that I already made purchased for DVDFAB, makes it more enticing.

That’s all I can say for now.

Chow.[/QUOTE]
I don’t know of any program/software that does not have a few bugs, most of the issues with DVDFab has to do with media that are being used, system configuration and wrong settings set by the user

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2064856]I realized DVDFAB forum has one of the most written threads and readers…That can tell you something…[/QUOTE]
Yes it tells me that DVDFab is widly used and the members/users/readers are still learning how to use and setup the program on different systems

[quote=StormJumper;2064867]I don’t know of any program/software that does not have a few bugs, most of the issues with DVDFab has to do with media that are being used, system configuration and wrong settings set by the user

As mentioned…I am no expert. And of course, programs will always have bugs; I am not disputing it. I just thick that why the same functions worked in version 4 and not version 5? Why??? Another thing I do not dispute is the used of medias. I cannot say for other users, but I only used MAXELL & TDK (both MADE IN JAPAN)…(they are
comparable or better thanVerbatim disks) medias for many
years. I used it with version 4 or other programs without any
issues, but already in version 5, I have wasted 6 disks.

The only conclusion, maybe the configuration / settings.
But shouldn’t a user be able to use the same setting for
version 4 & 5? (albeit…most configuration settings are the
same between versions). That’s is somewhat bothering me.

Chow

I agree with Stormjumper…

ANY program will have bugs… Hey look at Windo$e !!!

As Fengtao and Ting continually try to pack more features into this product, of course, more bugs are going to surface.

This is generally caused by two things, interaction between various newer parts of the program and the old, and the fact that they have moved to a new development environment.

One thing that Fengtao and Ting can pride themselves on is their commitment to continually resolve problems and enhance the product and this bit of software would have my vote for being one of the best supported pieces of software around.

You have made a comment about “The Big League”. I would like to know which competitive product as being in the Big League.

As you have often said “Sea Monsters are pretty stupid” and I really regard this post as an indication of that !!! :confused:

(Only Joking :):))

[quote=GregiBoy;2064919]I agree with Stormjumper…

ANY program will have bugs… Hey look at Windo$e !!!

As Fengtao and Ting continually try to pack more features into this product, of course, more bugs are going to surface.

This is generally caused by two things, interaction between various newer parts of the program and the old, and the fact that they have moved to a new development environment.

One thing that Fengtao and Ting can pride themselves on is their commitment to continually resolve problems and enhance the product and this bit of software would have my vote for being one of the best supported pieces of software around.

You have made a comment about “The Big League”. I would like to know which competitive product as being in the Big League.

As you have often said “Sea Monsters are pretty stupid” and I really regard this post as an indication of that !!! :confused:

(Only Joking :):))[/quote]

HA HA HA…Like I said = Sea Monsters do not have brains…but we got big heart.

Anyway, I really respect the team from Fengtao and all at CDFREAK. Of course, they are hardworking people and deserve all the credits.

There is one important aspect to this THREAD… Any ideas where can I get a good [B]User Guide for DVDFAB[/B]…There are too much termology that I cannot understand…perhaps, that is why, I do have problems with the programs.

Are you guys planning to write a User Guide!!

Behold…DVDFAB 5.0.2.5 just release.

Chow

[quote=Sea Monster;2064941]

There is one important aspect to this THREAD… Any ideas where can I get a good [B]User Guide for DVDFAB[/B]…There are too much termology that I cannot understand…perhaps, that is why, I do have problems with the programs.

Chow[/quote]

[B]P/S :- I meant DETAIL USER GUIDE FOR DVDFAB…Not the Tutorial from DVDFAB website.[/B]

Sea Monster,

I can only say one thing. After years in the sofware development industry, no-one RTFM’s and detail user guides are TFU from an authors point of view from time invested.

(Totally F…ing Useless)

The best thing to do, as most of us here have done, is use and ask for help.

[quote=GregiBoy;2065028]Sea Monster,

I can only say one thing. After years in the sofware development industry, no-one RTFM’s and detail user guides are TFU from an authors point of view from time invested.

(Totally F…ing Useless)

The best thing to do, as most of us here have done, is use and ask for help.[/quote]

You got a point…I agreed

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2064887][quote=StormJumper;2064867]I don’t know of any program/software that does not have a few bugs, most of the issues with DVDFab has to do with media that are being used, system configuration and wrong settings set by the user

As mentioned…I am no expert. And of course, programs will always have bugs; I am not disputing it. I just thick that why the same functions worked in version 4 and not version 5? Why??? Another thing I do not dispute is the used of medias. I cannot say for other users, but I only used MAXELL & TDK (both MADE IN JAPAN)…(they are
comparable or better thanVerbatim disks) medias for many
years. I used it with version 4 or other programs without any
issues, but already in version 5, I have wasted 6 disks.

The only conclusion, maybe the configuration / settings.
But shouldn’t a user be able to use the same setting for
version 4 & 5? (albeit…most configuration settings are the
same between versions). That’s is somewhat bothering me.

Chow[/QUOTE]

I have always used MAXELL & TDK and a few other common media for doing my backups, but I am going through about 500 of my backups and having to re-do them because they no longer play in standalone dvd players or my PC’s.
I will not use anything but TaiyoYuden and a few selected Verbatim media, you may or will find your self re-doing your backups

[quote=StormJumper;2065097][quote=Sea Monster;2064887]

I have always used MAXELL & TDK and a few other common media for doing my backups, but I am going through about 500 of my backups and having to re-do them because they no longer play in standalone dvd players or my PC’s.
I will not use anything but TaiyoYuden and a few selected Verbatim media, you may or will find your self re-doing your backups[/quote] Well said Tim, see it all the time on here where people use crap media and then blame the program or else don’t bother to check what type media their player supports :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

After many years of ripping and backing up DVDs I have seen that most peoples problems are the direct result of using poor quality media. There are other issues of course, but poor quality media is the cause of 90% of all the problems.:iagree: All softwares have to be updated and patched , there is no perfect solution, with 1000’s of different configurations no 1 program will be compatible with them all. This is not just with Fab but all softwares.

Oh [B]!![/B] and Sea Monster
One other thing as far as DVDFab not being ready for the big league :disagree: as far as I am concerned DVDFab is in a league all by it self (Big LEAGUE) that is. :cool:
Have a nice day :flower:

I also think DVD fab stans alone at the head of DVD Copy Software. It’s just some of us are not to familiar with it as some are and I am not at all knowledgeable with computers or with these new software. They are just the greatest in the DVD Copying Software.Here’s to Fentango Software . Thanks!!! Twix

twix you are right about it being the greatest and welcome to the FAB Forum

[QUOTE=twix;2065161]I also think DVD fab stans alone at the head of DVD Copy Software. It’s just some of us are not to familiar with it as some are and I am not at all knowledgeable with computers or with these new software. They are just the greatest in the DVD Copying Software.Here’s to Fentango Software . Thanks!!! Twix[/QUOTE]

Hey yo twix
Like my good friend Jimbo said welcome to the DVDFab forum and the CDFreaks clan, you have joined one of the best forums on the internet, hope you ready and can handle all the knowledge and help that is found here at CDFreaks :cool:
again welcome :smiley: and have a nice day :flower:

I watch movies on a 100" screen with an LCD projector. DvdFab is free. I use it with DvdShrink just to get the “Main Movie Only”. I rarely have any problems with it. It is free. I guess some people need all those other features. I would never watch a movie on an IPod or anything smaller than 40". I thought that the free version was coming to an end, I hope not but I could understand it if did, (but I REALLY hope not). I also wish there was just a basic program to just take out the movie only without all the other Psp stuff in it… I think DvdFab is in a league of it’s own, as is this forum by the way. I cannot and do not see all the discussion as weakness and Fentao and Ting are so responsive you really feel like there IS a person at the other end making this product, not some corporate machine. Long live CD Freaks, Long live Ting and Fengtao.

HI, everyone thanks for the welcome I am really happy that there are people that do not think they know to much to have anything to do with a person who is not a computer genius and a dvd expert. Cheers to all of us!!!twix

Great summation Zathros. :clap:

[quote=StormJumper;2065151]Oh [B]!![/B] and Sea Monster
One other thing as far as DVDFab not being ready for the big league :disagree: as far as I am concerned DVDFab is in a league all by it self (Big LEAGUE) that is. :cool:
Have a nice day :flower:[/quote]

Hi, guys…I hope you all don’t hate the Sea Monster. Cos, I have the highest respect for all at CD FREAK and Fengtao.

I love DVDFAB and have not regretted a bit buying the product. I would definitely recommend it.

I wrote this thread because, Lately, I had some ripping problems with DVDFAB and wanted to voice my opinion.

NO HARM NO FOUL…:bow:

Chow

I think the title you chose was the problem…