DVDFab 5.0.2.0 check version problem on clean install

vbimport

I downloaded the current version 5.0.2.0 today without ever having installed DVDFab before.

When I start DVDFab it immediately gives a messagebox:

Report - New Version Available
Current version: 5.0.0.0
Latest version: 5.0.2.0

This is a fresh install - and if I look in my Uninstall or change a program (I am running Vista 64 bit) it shows the application as 5.0.2.0

I reinstalled DVDFab again anyway and same issue.

Any help?

You can turn this feature off temporarily (or permanently) in Common Settings->General. I have not seen other reports of this in the forum.

[QUOTE=signals;2058243]You can turn this feature off temporarily (or permanently) in Common Settings->General. I have not seen other reports of this in the forum.[/QUOTE]

If the person installs ver 5.0.2.0 why does it report that the ver is 5.0.0.0 :confused:

I cannot even imagine. Maybe because 5.0.0.0 was a beta and 5.0.2.0 a “full” release?? Only the Shadow knows :slight_smile: Then again it is Vista :):slight_smile:

[quote=Myrmidon2008;2058227]I downloaded the current version 5.0.2.0 today without ever having installed DVDFab before.

When I start DVDFab it immediately gives a messagebox:

Report - New Version Available
Current version: 5.0.0.0
Latest version: 5.0.2.0

This is a fresh install - and if I look in my Uninstall or change a program (I am running Vista 64 bit) it shows the application as 5.0.2.0

I reinstalled DVDFab again anyway and same issue.

Any help?[/quote]

I’m having the same problem. I’m running XP Pro.

The software won’t keep running long enough to turn off the feature. Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=signals;2058329]I cannot even imagine. Maybe because 5.0.0.0 was a beta and 5.0.2.0 a “full” release?? Only the Shadow knows :slight_smile: Then again it is Vista :):)[/QUOTE]

OT
Yep got that right on the shadow on Vista, I have disabled the Shadow copy along with a few other none needed features like DRM :bigsmile:

I still haven’t installed my copy of Vista Ultimate which is sitting here and cost me 255 bux !!!

I really am a PussyBoy !!!

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2058435]I still haven’t installed my copy of Vista Ultimate which is sitting here and cost me 255 bux !!!

I really am a PussyBoy !!![/QUOTE]

Once you install it and make a few adjustments to some settings you will come to like Vista, it really is a good operating system just gotta let it know who’s boss :bigsmile:

True. You gotta smack around a little bit.

I’m still getting used to it, but i’m back and forth between Vista on my laptop and XP on my desktop.

Am having exact same problem. Paid for, downloaded and installed 5.0.2.2. Upon startup, tells me i have 5.0.0.0. Change/Uninstall shows ver 5.0.2.2 is in fact installed. Only way to start program is to block int access with firewall but even then program is runing 5.0.0.0. I’m surprised no one else knows of this issue. I tried the clean uninstall directions and even deleted every instance of DVDFab from entire registry but always the same result. Please help!

Runing Vista Ultimate 32bit

I have same problem, clean install, WinXP64. Fab says newer version avail. well I don’t care, jus start up already so I can get to options and shut off auto update. BUT the auto update feature takes over and doesn’t allow Fab to run. Very frustrating.

[QUOTE=markmag1;2064671]Am having exact same problem. Paid for, downloaded and installed 5.0.2.2. Upon startup, tells me i have 5.0.0.0. Change/Uninstall shows ver 5.0.2.2 is in fact installed. Only way to start program is to block int access with firewall but even then program is runing 5.0.0.0. I’m surprised no one else knows of this issue. I tried the clean uninstall directions and even deleted every instance of DVDFab from entire registry but always the same result. Please help!

Runing Vista Ultimate 32bit[/QUOTE]

Sounds like not everything was deleted during the uninstall, did you do a clean uninstall of DVDFab :confused:
The file I’m think of may cuase this issue is the .pf file (Prefetch file) which is the bootfile that windows uses to load the programs, the guides are below in my signature…Note…there are changes to the guides that will be added soon these changes are due to how DVDFab ver 5 is installed.

Yes I followed the clean uninstall directions perfectly including the deletion of the .pf files. But same results. Funny, I emailed DVDFab tech support describing the issue including everything I’ve attempted thus far including of course uninstalling & reinstalling, and they replied with “try uninstalling & reinstalling the program”. What the? Huh? Sigh.

Hello. I am having the same problem with WinXP clean install. I just purchased this DVDFab program and am unable to launch it. Same error that your all getting. Someone please come up with a solution.

I am sure if its a problem it will be fixed, the author reads these threads and will find the problem, he always does.:iagree:

Same problem here, on a clean install of Vista Home Premium. Tried unistall/reinstall abour 3 times - no change (using latest 5.0.2.5 ver). Displays ver 5.0.0.0 even though latest version installed.

[QUOTE=JC-rover;2065486]Same problem here, on a clean install of Vista Home Premium. Tried unistall/reinstall abour 3 times - no change (using latest 5.0.2.5 ver). Displays ver 5.0.0.0 even though latest version installed.[/QUOTE]

What website did you download from, I have tryed 7 or 8 times uninstalling and then re-installing on both my rigs XP and Vista and just can’t create this problem and I mean 7 to 8 times on each rigs.

[QUOTE=JC-rover;2065486]Same problem here, on a clean install of Vista Home Premium. Tried unistall/reinstall abour 3 times - no change (using latest 5.0.2.5 ver). Displays ver 5.0.0.0 even though latest version installed.[/QUOTE]What happens if you instead of uninstalling the version that shows the wrong version number, just installs the new version above the one that’s installed? Make sure that you download from http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

I tried re-installing from the same place I installed this program originally.
http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Same problem. I gave up and downloaded DVDShrink until they fix this program. I will give it a week before I ask for a refund.

[QUOTE=StylinLP;2065520]I tried re-installing from the same place I installed this program originally.
http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Same problem. I gave up and downloaded DVDShrink until they fix this program. I will give it a week before I ask for a refund.[/QUOTE]

A refund :eek: :bigsmile: now that is a good one, good luck :flower: