DVDFab 5.0.1.0 Beta Discussion

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvd-fab-5-beta-5-0-1-0-gives-data-execution-prevention-error-244023/#post2047352
If you click on “about” in the new beta you will see a new key for dvd moblie as well as the platinum.

So what does that mean to us registered Platinum Users !!!

[quote=GregiBoy;2047531]So what does that mean to us registered Platinum Users !!![/quote]G’day! It means nothing to us or anyone who buys before May 8th. See the release notes for 5.0.1.0 and this from Fengtao on his website: “If you are considering to buy our product, [B]now is the right time[/B].”

Open the about box mine says they never expire.

Yes Signals I took to mean we will retain both the platinum and the newly separated DVD to Mobile programs. After the 8th DVD to mobile will be a separate cost if you want to use it. But only for those who do not purchase platinum before then. I guess will we have to wait and see, but Fengtao has always been one to give more than he recieves when it comes to his products. I would gladly purchase a new key if he ask.

I took it to mean that current users as of May 8th will get both at no additional cost.

[QUOTE=signals;2047553]I took it to mean that current users as of May 8th will get both at no additional cost.[/QUOTE]For us Plat paid users :iagree: that’s the way i took it. Otherwise we would just have Gold…

[QUOTE=Bob;2047554]For us Plat paid users :iagree: that’s the way i took it. Otherwise we would just have Gold…[/QUOTE]No, there are still other functions that are not in Gold, only in Platinum as Clone and Merge. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2047555]No, there are still other functions that are not in Gold, only in Platinum as Clone and Merge. :)[/QUOTE]:bigsmile: got me i have never used Gold

[QUOTE=Bob;2047559]:bigsmile: got me i have never used Gold[/QUOTE]Never have I - I just happend to read the comparision between the two programs earlier this day. :bigsmile:

I’m so relived to know that DVD Mobile will continue to be free for us Plat. users, since i mostly just use that now anyway, but still would be using the other DVD rip option since i make duplicates of my originals when i take them to either my brothers place to see my nephews (they LOVE breaking my dvd’s for some reason) or a party where i don’t care if it gets broken or damaged.
I’ve even sold over 12 licenses between my friends/workers/family members to date. Thanks Fengtao for such a usefull program, and even more for keeping it updated regularly.
And thanks again Signals for helping me get my handle stuff fixed. Got your message, your not too far from me actually. That’s pretty cool!!! Small world.

My pleasure:)

[QUOTE=djdafreund;2047669] I’ve even sold over 12 licenses between my friends/workers/family members to date.[/QUOTE]I’m not far behind you. That’s why i asked Fengtao what’s the skinny on May 8th.

Any clues to what “Option: Mobile” means in the main DVDFab title bar. Are there any other Options available.
Thanks

[quote=Hill-billy;2047751]Any clues to what “Option: Mobile” means in the main DVDFab title bar. Are there any other Options available.
Thanks[/quote]
It means the newly seperated “DVDFab Mobile Option” Fengtao mentioned on his announcement is enabled on your system.

[QUOTE=Bob;2047559]:bigsmile: got me i have never used Gold[/QUOTE]

Heck…I started with FABDecrypter, moved on to Gold, then bought Platinium a few months ago. Sad thing is, all I use it for is straight backups of either the main movie or the full disk. I never use any of the mobile options, or splits. I couldn’t tell you half the features available in either version. Even today I generally use Recode to burn. I just felt guilty using such a great product without contributing to the cause!

I have been a Fab user for a long time. I just do main movie or full disc also. I also use Recode once in awhile. I like Recode because you can adjust compression on main movie and special features / extras separately. I think this is slight advantage over Fab, but Recode takes longer. The price for Fab proves it to be an excellent value, much better then Slysoft products.

For all those wondering and might have missed this…http://club.cdfreaks.com/2047896-post4.html

Downloaded beta 5.0.1.0 due to Gloden Compass error message on 4.1.2.0 when doing “full Movie”. The beta version just locks up instantly so could do nothing at all. I went back to version 4 and it would only complete doing main movie. Am I doing something wrong, or should I just uninstall ver 5?

Version 5.0.1.2

Audio still out of sync on Zathura (region 1) when converting dvd to mobile for Clix. Same problem as it has always had with this and Ratatouille, and a list of others.

320x180
no cropping
two-pass encoding
384 kbps fixed fitrate
128kbps mp3
no sub-picture