DVDfab 4040 crashes during DVD to Mobile conversion

:oI just purchased a copy of DVDfab 4032 and it is crashing during any DVD to Mobile conversion process. It will copy a full dvd to my harddrive with no problem. I was using a trail version of 3.1.7.6 and it worked great then when I purchased it the only version available was 4032.

Does anyone have a resolution to this?

Thanks in Advance.

[QUOTE=k6mrl;1973281]:oI just purchased a copy of DVDfab 4032 and it is crashing during any DVD to Mobile conversion process. It will copy a full dvd to my harddrive with no problem. I was using a trail version of 3.1.7.6 and it worked great then when I purchased it the only version available was 4032.

Thanks in Advance.[/QUOTE]

We need more details on what you were actually trying to do before we can assist.

hi,

Which OS is your using, windows 2000 ?

Now there are a mobile crash bug in windows 2000.

I’m using XP-Pro. I was trying to convert some Elvis DVD’s to iPod mp4 but it crashed about 5sec onto the conversion. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program with the same results. I tried other DVD’s with the same results. I can copy the DVD’s to my harddrive in vob format. I tried to use the harddrive vob files for the conversion and it still crashed. I tried it on another computer using XP and it failed the same way. Note: version 3.1.7.6 works fine.

Thanks

I have been working with DVDfab support and they told me to use 4.0.5.0. I uninstalled everything on my computer that had to do with DVDfab and cleaned the registry. I installed 4.0.5.0 and it crashes during any DVD to Mobile conversion however it will copy the DVD to harddrive in a vob format.

I reloaded my trial version of 3.1.7.6 since my 30 days arn’t up and it works fine. But I dont have much time left on my trail.

Help!!!

hi, K6mrl

I am always to find the crash problem, but unfortunately still not find the key, because I test all my PC and cannot repeat this. maybe need some method to find where is the problem, so please be patient. I think this problem would be fixed soon.

Thanks.

Hi Ting

I got a msg from DVDfab support and they ask me to load the new beta 4.0.5.1. I went thru the same process cleaned everything off of my computer & registry and loaded the update. Still got the same crash error when converting DVD to Mobile. I tired it on both of my computers with same results.

Just a note. I cleaned my computer again an reloaded 3.1.7.6. ( my trial is about up so I wont be able to use it much longer) but it works fine.

Ive been working with Ada at DVDfab support and she has been very responsive. I wish they could check the code in 3.1.7.6 and compare it with the new version and see what could be causing the Mobile problem.

Thanks for your response.

This has been happening with me, too. I can’t encode anything, but I can copy files or re-author a disk, because those activities don’t require encoding.

A crash is the result as soon as DVDFab tries to encode. I am on Windows 2000. This happens with all recent versions of DVDFab including the newest beta.

There is probably a missing codec or dll somewhere that isn’t installed correctly, but I have no idea where to look.

I’m using Windows 2000 and any version over 3.1.8.0 of DVDFab gives me the Crash Report when trying to create an avi using DVD to Mobile.

But I was sent by :bow: Ting a test profile. What I have discovered from that profile is that I can edit a profile replacing the [B]<size>[/B] line with [B]<size keep_aspect=“0” list=“720x480”/>[/B] and DVD to mobile works with version 4.0.5.0 and the modified profile. I can only use 720x480 as other sizes will not work. I’ve tested it with the Archos, IPOD and ZUNE profiles and all worked.

Very strange. Obviously OS related, given willow1’s post.

Thanks for the Info!

What is the process to edit a profile?

[QUOTE=k6mrl;1973281]:oI just purchased a copy of DVDfab 4032 and it is crashing during any DVD to Mobile conversion process. It will copy a full dvd to my harddrive with no problem. I was using a trail version of 3.1.7.6 and it worked great then when I purchased it the only version available was 4032.

Thanks in Advance.[/QUOTE]

Try using the latest version from
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-5-0-out-236099/
BTW their is no difference between the trial and the paid for version, ecept the adding of the key to unlock from trial

I just reinstalled a clean version of Windows 2000 on my spare machine that I’m using for home media - it’s completely up to spec with all of the updates downloaded… and a reformatted HD as well, and DVDFab crashes the second you try to encode anything. It’s the only application I have installed on the machine.

This sucks, to say the least. I really want to use DVDFab to rip DVD’s to my PSP.

hi,

I will try to fix this problem, I will install a windows2000 to test it.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=k6mrl;1979739]Thanks for the Info!

What is the process to edit a profile?[/QUOTE]

Profiles are text files you can edit with any text editor like Window’s notepad.

The profiles are stored under the directory where DVDFab is installed. Usually something like c:\program files\DVDFab Platinum 4\Profiles

Backup the profile you want to edit, then edit the profile. (Not your backup the original)

Find the line that starts with “<size” and replace that line with <size keep_aspect=“0” list=“720x480”/>

Then save the profile in the profile’s directory. Close DVDFab if open and restart DVDFab. Give your new profile a test.

I edited the profile and experimented with different sizes but still get the same crash error. I checked the profiles in version 3.1.7.6 and they are the same as in 4.0.5.0. My trial version (which is about up) of 3176 works fine. So I at this point I dont know what to do. The reason I bought the product was for the DVD to Mobile conversion.

Thanks for your response!

[QUOTE=k6mrl;1980347]I edited the profile and experimented with different sizes but still get the same crash error. I checked the profiles in version 3.1.7.6 and they are the same as in 4.0.5.0. My trial version (which is about up) of 3176 works fine. So I at this point I dont know what to do. The reason I bought the product was for the DVD to Mobile conversion.

Thanks for your response![/QUOTE]

Try the attached Generic test profile. Will show up under generic in DVDFab.

Rename the file from “generic.test.xml.txt” to “generic.test.xml” and put in your profile directory. Had to add the txt extension so I could upload it here.

generic.test.xml.txt (1.13 KB)

The newest version ([B]4.0.5.5[/B]) released today fixed this problem, for me anyway. Thanks for looking into it!

:slight_smile: Good News!

DVDFab version 4.0.5.5. Fixed my DVD to Mobile Problem. All is good. However, I wish the programmers would let us know what they found causing the crash report a couple seconds into the conversion.

Also, DVDFab Programmers, thanks for adding other mobile devices into the program.

Thanks to everyone that posted comments and responses.

If anybody else have this problem or any other dvdfab issues, Try this…I’m new at this, so here it goes…if you have dvdfab platium 4 and have problems with copy of saw 4—go to control panel and delete all files with dvdfab in them— do not restart pc yet—go to start—click search—click on all files and folders—then type “dvdfab” in all or part of the file name–once it finish showing all dvdfab file delete everything that has dvdfab in it----once done–restart pc—redownload dvdfab platinum only!!! No dvdfab hd decrypter-- You don’t need it!!!–download saw 4 and the green bar will run for about 20 to 30 seconds and you’re done–I worked for me !!! And this goes for any other dvdfab issues…Please don’t over decrypt dvdfab–it only makes a simple program work against it self which causes dvdfab to become Bipola…