DVDFab 4 problem

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased the new version of dvdfab. My problem is that when I try to back up a dvd, dvd fab will just not respond… normally in either the scanning for media or analysing the disc part. It gets to a point where I will have to close it through task manager.

Can anyone help?

Hello Vincent88 and welcome to the Fab Forum. First of all, I’m assumeing you are using either Gold/Platinum version if you purchased it. Next, in common settings, do you have Pathplayer always enabled ? If so, try disabling Pathplayer and see if that makes any difference. When Pathplayer’s enabled, The scanning and analysing portions always take much longer to complete. So, if your problem goes away, try enabling Pathplayer and give it some time and see what happens. Patience, it’s a beautiful thing, LOL. ~ Mike

I have the platinum version. I try’d disabling the pathplayer but the program still didnt respond when it got to the opening media part. I notice that my computer also has some trouble detecting the dvd is there. Sometimes I will have to eject and re insert the dvd.

Any other suggestions?

[QUOTE=Vincent88;1934747]I have the platinum version. I try’d disabling the pathplayer but the program still didnt respond when it got to the opening media part. I notice that my computer also has some trouble detecting the dvd is there. Sometimes I will have to eject and re insert the dvd.

Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Hi Vincent
What operating system are you using :confused:
also in common settings if you did try to disabling Pathplayer and was unable to disable it try and make some other changes in common settings if you are unable to make the changes maybe just maybe something affected the installing of DVDFab I would do a clean un-install and re-install it again you can find the info on how to do a clean un-install below in my signature there is info on how to do this for both XP and Vista :cool:

stormjumper has a good guide for the clean uninstall/reinstall. Thanks:)

what works better for me is to insert the dvd and wait for drive to idle, then open dvdfab. a few times ive had the same thing happen where dvdfab did not recognize a disc was inserted. now this works every time for me.

if windows and other programs have trouble recognizing a disc maybe there is an issue with your drive. i would uninstall the drivers from device manager and let windows reinstall default drivers.

troy

I did a complete uninstall and reinstalled dvd fab platinum and reinstalled the dvd drives drivers and still no luck

Any thing else I can try?

[QUOTE=Vincent88;1935004]I did a complete uninstall and reinstalled dvd fab platinum and reinstalled the dvd drives drivers and still no luck

Any thing else I can try?[/QUOTE]

Vincent in post # 4 I asked what Operating system you are using :confused: and have not seen an answer to my [B]Q[/B]
Also was you using the Free Trial of DVDFab and if so did the 30 day expire :confused: …if so then this maybe the reason you are unable to make changes in common settings :frowning:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;1935018]Vincent in post # 4 I asked what Operating system you are using :confused: and have not seen an answer to my [B]Q[/B]
Also was you using the Free Trial of DVDFab and if so did the 30 day expire :confused: …if so then this maybe the reason you are unable to make changes in common settings :([/QUOTE]

his 1st post says that he purchased a recent version , so maybe a better question is - has he input the key correctly ?

[QUOTE=cybmole;1935058]his 1st post says that he purchased a recent version , so maybe a better question is - has he input the key correctly ?[/QUOTE]

:eek:you got, OK so I didn’t get my eye re-checked :bigsmile:

Hey there
I had/have a problem with DVDFab, and hope to get the answer here. When I used it to backup a dvd It would be read to the DVDFab folder in dokuments, and then the program would stop responding. After a while I found out that “Burning Engine” was set to “VSO Burning Engine” and that there was another option to choose from there, so I changed it to “Nero Burning Rom” but it is very slow, and there is an aditional window opening while burning the disk. Am I missing a driver on my system to make it more complete/right?

Hope to hear from U guys

Kim you have a PM :bigsmile:

My OS is XP Pro.

I dont have a trial version. I purchased the platinum version.

The way I inputed the key was just dragging it onto the exe file.

I was able to change the setting for pathplayer but it didnt make any difference. The program still wouldnt respond when I tried to backup a dvd.

So do U StormJumper:iagree:

have you tried other dvd’s or just the one that wont work? what dvd are you trying to backup? can you play dvd’s with media players, such as vlc? when you go into device manager do you have any yellow exclamation marks? do you have any error codes? did you uninstall the drivers for your dvd drive not just reinstall? have you uninstalled the secondary ide channel? what brand and model is your burner? do you have other burning/copy programs running? do you have packet writing software installed (nero incd)? can i ask anymore questions?:slight_smile:

let us know what you can, and if you need help please ask.

thanks troy

[QUOTE=Gooner12;1935644]So do U StormJumper:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Hey Kim
never received it:sad:
PLEASE go to the thread with the tittle
[B]DVD FAB Products Discussion Thread[/B]
so this thread stays on topic, don’t need the Mod:flower:Squad on our tail :bigsmile:

[quote=troy512;1935687]have you tried other dvd’s or just the one that wont work? what dvd are you trying to backup? can you play dvd’s with media players, such as vlc? when you go into device manager do you have any yellow exclamation marks? do you have any error codes? did you uninstall the drivers for your dvd drive not just reinstall? have you uninstalled the secondary ide channel? what brand and model is your burner? do you have other burning/copy programs running? do you have packet writing software installed (nero incd)? can i ask anymore questions?:slight_smile:

let us know what you can, and if you need help please ask.

thanks troy[/quote]

• Other dvds do the same thing.
  • The media players also dont respond when I try to play them.
  • I have no exclamation marks in device manager and no error codes.
  • I uninstalled then reinstalled the drivers for the dvd drive.
  • I havent uninstalled the secondary ide channel… what is that?
  • My brand of burner is LG GSA-H22N
  • I have nero 7 installed.

I got an email from dvd fab saying to disable anti virus software and check if my comp has other decrypter software.

I cant find the setting to disable norton 360… does anyone know where i can do that?

and also what would be other decrypter software?

[QUOTE=Vincent88;1935731]- Other dvds do the same thing.

• The media players also dont respond when I try to play them.
  • I have no exclamation marks in device manager and no error codes.
  • I uninstalled then reinstalled the drivers for the dvd drive.
  • I havent uninstalled the secondary ide channel… what is that?
  • My brand of burner is LG GSA-H22N

I got an email from dvd fab saying to disable anti virus software and check if my comp has other decrypter software.

I cant find the setting to disable norton 360… does anyone know where i can do that?

and also what would be other decrypter software?[/QUOTE]

Hi Vincent not sure why you was told to disable your anti-virus :confused: I have never had to do that and have not heard of other members doing this :confused:
Have you checked these disc with another program, say like IMG Burn or even Nero :confused:
If they will not play with any media player I would check to see if they have been "Finalized

[QUOTE=Vincent88;1935731]-

QUOTE]

my money is on a conflict between your Nero 7 & DVDfab settings. I bet that fab will work OK if you completely uninstall Nero but that’s a drastic fix. Others may be able to tell you what Nero settiings to check/change

Turn off autoplay on your DVD drive, then tell us what happens if you open Windows Media Player & then insert an original DVD. does it open automatically in WMP ?
( it should if WMP is already open when the DVD is inserted, and no other program should interfere if autoplay is Off )

it doesnt open wmp automatically.

how do i disable autoplay if its on?