DVDFab 4.1.1.6 Beta is out

That is why I made the comment that Win98SE & ME users don’t have much time left and cannot expect support for OS’s that even Micro$oft no longer supports.

On another note, I am hoping that the problem with DVD to iPod will be fixed soon. Again with 4116B, when I encode with 1-Pass at bitrate ~1200 and file size ~1000MB, then I get a less than stellar picture, as expected. So then when I encode w/ same specs with 2-pass, bitrate and file size more than double! So the bitrate is 2700 and file size is 2400MB. This will not play on iPod, as bitrate cannot exceed 2500. I am hoping for a fix soon.

Created a custom ISO, no menus, DVD9 of Enchanted.

That played fine.

When I attempted to load this ISO, it looks at it for maybe 10 seconds, and then crashes (with email dialog). But, its not connected to internet, so can’t sent.

95/98/Me no good no more. It will be a sad day when 2000 is gone. Next OS upgrade requires new hardware. My PC and OS are both 8 years old. Doesn’t seem that long ago.

Just wanted to again thank Fengtao and Ting for these latest round of updates. You guys sure know how to stay on top of it. ~ Mike

Thanks!

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2022903]That is why I made the comment that Win98SE & ME users don’t have much time left and cannot expect support for OS’s that even Micro$oft no longer supports.[/QUOTE]

It’s getting really irritating. I just found out that I’m going to have to junk a perfectly good P3 800 I’ve used for printing postage because my vendor’s new software release intentionally won’t run on Win 98. As a P3 isn’t going to run xp worth beans (good luck even finding drivers!) I’m going to have to buy a new pc just to print postage. I still think 98 SE is pretty much tied with XP for MS’s best ever. XP’s more stable, but 98’s more secure.

Dear all,

If you have problem with latest beta on Windows 98/Me, please try DVDFab 4.1.1.7 beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-1-1-7-beta-out-241652/

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Fengtao, thank you for continuing to support Win 98. It’s much appreciated!