DVDFab 4.0.3.2 and Nero 7.10.1.10

Hello,

I am using Vista64 Home Premium with DVDFab 4.0.3.2 and Nero 7.10.1.10 to burn my backups. However, upon trying to burn I keep receiving the error message Task_2 failed! Error=16.

From searching the forums, I understand that this is a nero error message with how information is being passed to the nerocmd.exe (which dvdfab finds without any issue and executes). Most of this complication seems to come from Nero 8 and not Nero 7 from what I have seen.

Is there some sort of compatibility issue I am unaware of using Nero 7?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

[QUOTE=cykotix;1972960]Hello,

I am using Vista64 Home Premium with DVDFab 4.0.3.2 and Nero 7.10.1.10 to burn my backups. However, upon trying to burn I keep receiving the error message Task_2 failed! Error=16.

From searching the forums, I understand that this is a nero error message with how information is being passed to the nerocmd.exe (which dvdfab finds without any issue and executes). Most of this complication seems to come from Nero 8 and not Nero 7 from what I have seen.

Is there some sort of compatibility issue I am unaware of using Nero 7?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hello cykotix
I have been using Nero for some time now and at this time I am using Nero 8 don’t recall ever having an issue between DVDFab and Nero :cool: I have learned that most problems or issues are caused by by the configuration of the system and logon settings of the services in the Adminisrator Tools (Local services vs. Network services) and also settings within the Security Policy
I am also running Viusta Ultimate and without any restriction of any kind :smiley:

I’ve gone through the error logs and I’ve found this:

NeroAPI
10:33:15 AM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 285
DVD-Video files reallocation started

10:33:15 AM #2 DVDREALLOC -24 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1317
One or more files (mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file

10:33:15 AM #3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 285
DVD-Video files reallocation failed

10:33:15 AM #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 218
Failed to realloc DVD video files

How does one get around this?

[QUOTE=cykotix;1973491]I’ve gone through the error logs and I’ve found this:

NeroAPI
10:33:15 AM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 285
DVD-Video files reallocation started

10:33:15 AM #2 DVDREALLOC -24 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1317
[B]One or more files (mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file[/B]

10:33:15 AM #3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 285
DVD-Video files reallocation failed

10:33:15 AM #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 218
Failed to realloc DVD video files

How does one get around this?[/QUOTE]

May ask what movie you are working with to get this
[B]One or more files (mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file[/B] report from Nero

If you are trying to add a vob file to a movie where it doesn’t belong then you will have to use a tool or program called IFO edit
:smiley:

I get this on every movie I try. I’m not trying to do anything special aside from having the target source be my DVD burner and using Nero to do the burning.

I also tried saving to an ISO and burning in Nero and it wouldn’t do it. I’ll have to get the exact error message again. However, I can burn copies of stuff I’ve done using DVDShrink in the past perfectly fine and Sony’s diagnostic tool says my drive passes all tests fine.