DVDFab 4.0.1.2 Unable to start on WinXP SP2

Hi,

Have a problem and will be glad to get some instruction how to resove it.

1. System WinXP SP2 fully upgraded
  2. DVD Fab ver. 2.9.8.1 works excellet with any configuration of software or OS, even with firewall, etc
  3. All ver. DVDFab Platinium 3.2.1.0 or 4.0.1.2 do not works, unable to start applications. No error, completly nothing. [juzst click on app and do nothing]
  4. These programs do not work even on simply, common OS without any software, no firewall, no other software. Just OS after installed all drivers for hardware.
  5. I Can Give You all specification but tell me what do You need.
  6. I had search these forum to find similar problem but I didn’t thats way I write here a new topic.
  7. I wrote a several mail to support of DVDFab Platinium ver as simply customer but… no answer which resolve a problem.

Thx for sugestion

Hi Tom,
Did you install to the default folder?
Any error message from the installer?
Does the desktop shortcut point to the correct file/location?
Does DVDFab show as “running” or “not responding” in task manager after you try to start it?
Have you obtained a new Key for the 3+ versions?

Hi,

Did you install to the default folder?
: Yes, I do not change any folder under instalation

Any error message from the installer?
: NO errors all was ok. Instalation finished completly and succesfully

Does the desktop shortcut point to the correct file/location?
: Yes, all shortcut are correct

Does DVDFab show as “running” or “not responding” in task manager after you try to start it?
: DVDFab has not shown in task menager

Have you obtained a new Key for the 3+ versions?[/quote]
: Yes, I have a new key but I cant even activate these 'cos any screen of app no appear. Completly nothing, so I can’t even write a key. You jusrt click on shortcut or app and nothing happens. [Just heard HDD is working for a moment and that is all] OS working still fine. Any errors.

Thx for comment

Sorry you are having trouble. One more question: does DVDFab (the newer, 3+ version) show up as installed in the “Add/Remove Programs” list in windows? If it is installed, you can just put the key file on your desktop and double click it to register. If I remember correctly it gives a message if successful.

Try opening(DVDfabplatinum4.exe) from the installation folder not the shortcut.

Sorry you are having trouble.
: no problem… just wanted to resolve a problem

One more question: does DVDFab (the newer, 3+ version) show up as installed in the “Add/Remove Programs” list in windows?
: Yes, it is listed in the “Add/remove programs”

If it is installed, you can just put the key file on your desktop and double click it to register. If I remember correctly it gives a message if successful.

: thx for comments

Try opening(DVDfabplatinum4.exe) from the installation folder not the shortcut.
: sorry its not working.

thx for comment

Unzip Platinum.zip, Edit the file with notepad, place your key file between the quotes after the = sign, save as Platinum.reg then double click on it.
: thx for this file. I add this to registry. DVDFab is still not working.

thx for help

I’d do a complete clean uninstall of all versions then a reinstall & see what then happens.

the clean uninstall instructions are somewhere on this forum.

I’d do a complete clean uninstall of all versions then a reinstall & see what then happens. the clean uninstall instructions are somewhere on this forum.

: thx for help but I did it a few times. Sorry but it not works. I did it according to procedure “clean uninstall” from this forum. More: I made:

1. format system HDD
  2. install OS
  3. install drivers for hardware
  4. install ONLY DVDFab Paltinium 4.0.1.2

Nothing change.

I assume there is a DVD burner on your system ???

have you tested reading and burning DVDs with other software ?

assume there is a DVD burner on your system ???
: Yes, I have 2 dvd burners:
SATA - ASUS DRW-1814BLT
IDE - HP 640c

: Yes, and works excellent

All spcefification of this PC:

1. Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Dodatek Service Pack 2
  2. Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13
  3. Memory (RAM): 4GB
  4. CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU X5365 @ 3.00GHz x2
  5. Sound card: Realtek HD Audio output
  6. Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
    BIOS: 60.80.08.00.48
  7. Screen Resolution: 1920 X 1200 - 32 bit
  8. Network Adapters: Intel® PRO/1000 EB Network Connection with I/O CD / 9. DVD Drives: ASUS DRW-1814BLT
    HP DVD Writer 640c
  9. BIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 052907 PTLTD 6040000
  10. Motherboard: Supermicro X7DA8+
  11. HDD
    • system WDCWD150ADFD-00NLR5 SATA
    • work ST3500641NS SATA
    • RAID SATA - ST3100340NS
    • RAID SCSI - WD Cheetach 15.000

Need more so tell me what do You need.

: yes, I wrote that DVDFab 2.9.8.1 wokrs excellent. I didn’t write that on this PC… but I mean in this case only this PC so DVDFab 2.9.8.1 works excellent on this PC at this configuration. DVDFab Plat 3+ ver do not.

[QUOTE=Tom_S;1937303]I’d do a complete clean uninstall of all versions then a reinstall & see what then happens. the clean uninstall instructions are somewhere on this forum.

: thx for help but I did it a few times. Sorry but it not works. I did it according to procedure “clean uninstall” from this forum. More: I made:

1. format system HDD
  2. install OS
  3. install drivers for hardware
  4. install ONLY DVDFab Paltinium 4.0.1.2

Nothing change.[/QUOTE]
doesn’t make sense to me - this program works for thousands of other users.

if you’ve done exatcly what’s said above then you do have to restart the PC one more time so that the burning engine drivers get installed correctly, but apart from that I’m out of ideas.

(Unless you are not using a genuine windows XP install DVD, or are installing the wrong drivers for the DVD drives, or are installing some other DVD related software whcih causes a software conflict )

Also, after the above steps, DVDfab should work without a key for 15 days, as it’s a fresh install on a fresh OS.

doesn’t make sense to me - this program works for thousands of other users.
: Did I told You that some your word dosen’t make sense to me? This is not resolve a problem. I do not told that at milions of PC this program do not works… but I have some problem that I write to customer service and no response… write here and the same.

if you’ve done exatcly what’s said above then you do have to restart the PC one more time so that the burning engine drivers get installed correctly, but apart from that I’m out of ideas.
: I do not install dvd drivers separatly… al driver are installed during WINXP instalation. I do not change these drivers. Two DVD original durners have a wrong drivers? Perhaps… Conflict … of course… but I have no time to find out which driver made a conflict with DVDFab becouse I do not wrote these soft, that way I wrote to authors and on forum which DVDFab put a link on his web site.

(Unless you are not using a genuine windows XP install DVD, or are installing the wrong drivers for the DVD drives, or are installing some other DVD related software whcih causes a software conflict )
: I use original DVD for instalation of WIN XP. Do You need a screen capture? or other screenshoots? Tell me what do You need.

Also, after the above steps, DVDfab should work without a key for 15 days, as it’s a fresh install on a fresh OS.
: sorry but I am a client od DVD Fab from 4 maybe (from dvd gold and express, till now) years and payed for software not get craked. I do not need it. That way I wrote to professionalists as maybe I am.

Why DVDFab 2.9.8.1 works fine? have no conflict… on the same PC… I do not change any drivers fotr it…

: Can You read? I wrote that is only winxp. no other soft… ONLY OS… no other drivers like WinXp setup under instalation. Some people write that other can’t read them sugestion. Do You read what I wrote? Or think only what You want to.

Can You tell me why if someone wrote for sugestion to not loos his time have to be ignorat? Maybe I am Computere Scientist? [this no matter]. Do You think that this PC can build man who have 13 years old? becouse You have to know that this PC can be buy on market on this configuration.

oh well - you try to be helpful & this is what you get back -

“if someone wrote for sugestion to not loos his time have to be ignorat”

“Do You think that this PC can build man who have 13 years old”

nyet sprachen zei gibberrish - sorry

I tihnk I’ll go annoy the guy trying to copy the rented pirates 3 DVD that suddenly he now “owns” instead of wasting my time with this:-)

nyet sprachen zei gibberrish - sorry

: nie musi Pan/Pani mowic w innych jezykach, to tylko pokazuje poziom, nic wiecej

I tihnk I’ll go annoy the guy trying to copy the rented pirates 3 DVD that suddenly he now “owns” instead of wasting my time with this:-)

: DVDFab works at 2.9.8.1 version so I can copy any dvd. next… not only dvdfab can copy dvds. Your sugestion is only told me that You use DVCFAB to copy rental dvds why? Becouse everybody think and made some opinion by yourself behaviour. Sorry but I do not want to talk at this level of perception.

any way Thx for comment

[quote=Tom_S;1937534](Unless you are not using a genuine windows XP install DVD, or are installing the wrong drivers for the DVD drives, or are installing some other DVD related software whcih causes a software conflict )
:[B] Can You read?[/B] I wrote that is only winxp. no other soft… ONLY OS… no other drivers like WinXp setup under instalation. Some people write that other can’t read them sugestion. Do You read what I wrote? Or think only what You want to.

Can You tell me why if someone wrote for sugestion to not loos his time have to be ignorat? Maybe I am Computere Scientist? [this no matter]. Do You think that this PC can build man who have 13 years old? becouse You have to know that this PC can be buy on market on this configuration.[/quote]
I can read and I do not like the tone this thread is taking. If the help here is not what you expect please respect what others are trying to do to help you, if this continues in this fashion I will close the thread. :cop:

I can read and I do not like the tone this thread is taking. If the help here is not what you expect please respect what others are trying to do to help you, if this continues in this fashion I will close the thread. :cop:

: sure so tell me what I do not know.

And I would like to see Your commnets for other. [B]Am I a thief for you too?[/B] becouse You do not write for these sugestion.

Of course You can close it. You are the boss and I respect it.

I wrote only for people who write these soft to get info whats wrong… so they can write for my mail, no problem.