DVDFab 4.0.1.2 is out

Dear all,

DVDFab products 4.0.1.2 is out (Nov 15, 2007):

DVDFab Platinum/Gold 4.0.1.2:
http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?vid=avangate&aid=689

DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.0.1.2:
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

What’s New:

*  New: Added display of hard disk folder and ISO source in "Settings -> Info" window.
* New: Updated profiles for iPod family and PSP to select device resolution by default, for "DVD to Mobile".
* New: Updated language files.
* Fix: Option "Remove annoying PGCs" may cause playback problem, like "300", (US).
* Fix: A crash problem when splitting DVD in certain cases, like "Ratatouille", (US).
* Fix: A reading error 102 at the end of cloning DVD in certain cases, like "Cars", (US).
* Fix: Several errors 400(20 ...) when copying DVD in certain cases.
* Fix: Option "Default output size" could not be saved correctly.
* Fix: Option "Split by chapter" caused wrong output when chapter range is not started from first one, for "DVD to Mobile".

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Rock & Roll…:cool:

thank you

Nice job on the fixes :clap:

thanks for the update

Nice job just one question fengtao when you made the clone mode for Dvdfab did you clone 100,000 copies of yourself…how on earth do you and Ting do all this work so fast Salute!!:clap::clap::clap:

[QUOTE=xorsists;1932153]Nice job just one question fengtao when you made the clone mode for Dvdfab did you clone 100,000 copies of yourself…how on earth do you and Ting do all this work so fast Salute!!:clap::clap::clap:[/QUOTE]

Yes and just think it’s not a Beta :eek::bigsmile:

Hey Guys

Thanks for the latest. Have a nice day.

PJ

fengtao,

Thank you for the update…Very much appreciated…Keep up the good work.Bob…

Thank You for your hard work!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Work great for me.

:bow::bow::bow:

This update fixed the “Jump to…” and “Remove” feature problems with Ocean’s 13 R1.:clap:

Absolutely fantastic work, Fengtao and Ting! :clap::clap::clap:

Simply amazing how you can apply all these updates to the prog and yet not end up with bloatware. In fact, the prog has reduced in size. Greatly appreciate all the efforts of you, and the others in your team, in this respect. :iagree:

My two girls send their regards and thanks as well. :flower:

Thanks again, and I’ll see you later, then. Jim :smiley:

Hi folks. I just wanted to add my accolades to the growing majority here of thanks for a job well done :clap::clap:. Fengtao and Ting and Co., you guys are outstanding:flower: Never have I owned any program that delivers like yours has. This has been one of the few constants that I’ve been able to count on guys, again, Thank you:bow: ~ Mike

DVD to Mobile conversions crashing. Anybody else having this trouble? See this postin Ting’s thread for details.

I have been having trouble burning to DVD5. Copying a 4.0 GB DVD main movie straight to a 4.7 GB DVD-R or +R DVD (or to the hard drive and then to a 4.7GB DVD) will give the following message: “Media inserted in Drive D: is a single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the write process.” The disc size is set at 4.7GB and it still asks for a dual layer DVD, even though it should have compressed the file if it were over 4.7GB anyway. Clicking OK just cancels the operation and you must try again until you place a dual layer DVD in the drive. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same problem persists, I have 4.0.1.2 installed now but this has actually been a problem for me since I installed version 3.2.1.0.

The blank dvds I use are the same kind as i have been using for months and nothing is wrong either of my DVD drives. Can anyone fix this or at least steer me in the right direction?? Any help greatly appreciated!

Check the DVD 5 size setting in Common Settings. It should be 4464 MB or less (the default is 4300MB).[quote=dajohnson;1932421]I have been having trouble burning to DVD5. Copying a 4.0 GB DVD main movie straight to a 4.7 GB DVD-R or +R DVD (or to the hard drive and then to a 4.7GB DVD) will give the following message: “Media inserted in Drive D: is a single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the write process.” The disc size is set at 4.7GB and it still asks for a dual layer DVD, even though it should have compressed the file if it were over 4.7GB anyway. Clicking OK just cancels the operation and you must try again until you place a dual layer DVD in the drive. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same problem persists, I have 4.0.1.2 installed now but this has actually been a problem for me since I installed version 3.2.1.0.

The blank dvds I use are the same kind as i have been using for months and nothing is wrong either of my DVD drives. Can anyone fix this or at least steer me in the right direction?? Any help greatly appreciated![/quote]

Hi. Question Fab Gold. Just downloaded latest update and just got Stormjumper’s ‘Clean Uninstall’ instructions, which I will try. Curious if any else has encountered the following problem. ( This is an email I sent to DVDFab a few months ago. Their instructions were to uninstall and install newest. I have done that about three times, and used a Reg Cleaner for anything DVDFab, but still have same problem. Hopefully ‘Clean Uninstall’ will correct, but still curious if any have encountered the same);

FYI. In the last month or so I have been encountering problems with DVDFab Gold, which I have been using for several years. On three occasions now I have received a “Failure to Burn” message. [B]In each case the results were the same. The failed disks, starting at about 3-4mm in from the start of recordable media at the inner hub had single band of burned media of about 2mm.[/B]

I had not seen this problem before. I am not having any similar problems with DVD Cloner IV or Roxio which I also use a fair amount.

No changes to system (Athalon/ Win2000). Burner is Memorex 16x, latest model and media is Sony for both D5 & D9.

This has occurred over 2 to 3 of your latest updates

[QUOTE=dajohnson;1932421]I have been having trouble burning to DVD5. Copying a 4.0 GB DVD main movie straight to a 4.7 GB DVD-R or +R DVD (or to the hard drive and then to a 4.7GB DVD) will give the following message: “Media inserted in Drive D: is a single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the write process.” The disc size is set at 4.7GB and it still asks for a dual layer DVD, even though it should have compressed the file if it were over 4.7GB anyway. Clicking OK just cancels the operation and you must try again until you place a dual layer DVD in the drive. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same problem persists, I have 4.0.1.2 installed now but this has actually been a problem for me since I installed version 3.2.1.0.

The blank dvds I use are the same kind as i have been using for months and nothing is wrong either of my DVD drives. Can anyone fix this or at least steer me in the right direction?? Any help greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

i have the same problem with ratatouille and mmet the robinsons? all is set to dvd 5 and actually i set it to 4250 mb

[QUOTE=70mm;1932445]Hi. Question Fab Gold. Just downloaded latest update and just got Stormjumper’s ‘Clean Uninstall’ instructions, which I will try. Curious if any else has encountered the following problem. ( This is an email I sent to DVDFab a few months ago. Their instructions were to uninstall and install newest. I have done that about three times, and used a Reg Cleaner for anything DVDFab, but still have same problem. Hopefully ‘Clean Uninstall’ will correct, but still curious if any have encountered the same);

FYI. In the last month or so I have been encountering problems with DVDFab Gold, which I have been using for several years. On three occasions now I have received a “Failure to Burn” message. [B]In each case the results were the same. The failed disks, starting at about 3-4mm in from the start of recordable media at the inner hub had single band of burned media of about 2mm.[/B]

I had not seen this problem before. I am not having any similar problems with DVD Cloner IV or Roxio which I also use a fair amount.

No changes to system (Athalon/ Win2000). Burner is Memorex 16x, latest model and media is Sony for both D5 & D9.

This has occurred over 2 to 3 of your latest updates[/QUOTE]

Hi 70mm
I have a Beng 1655 Burner that I use alot I also have a HP 740i anyway the Beng 1655 burner does not seem to like Memorex disc :doh: it will start the burn process and get about 10 to 15% into the burn and fail :eek: new coaster :doh: so if I want to burn a blank memorex disc I have to use the 740i burner

Bottom line is
Some burners just don’t like all blenk media there will be a brand that will give you trouble

Fengtao,
Thanks for a extremely helpful program. I have been having problems attempting to use DVD Rebuilder to back up Ratatouille with the full disk processing with version 1.4.0.2. Looking at the VTSs with PGCEdit there are cells left after cleaning that cause “Source is corrupted” messages when attempting to re-encode the output from DVDFab. This disk can be ripped using RipIt4Me with all the cleaning options and the resulting rip does not exhibit this problem. I have tried the last two versions of DVDFab both the free one and the Platinum trial versions.

Thanks for any help,

I can send any data you might require.

Thanks in advance,