DVDFab 4.0.1.0 and Windows 2000 Problems

I’ve reported this problem back when DVDFab version 3.2.0.0 was released. I’ve tried to update from version 3.1.8.0 (which works perfectly) to each new release including Beta releases but keep getting the same errors. I’ve posted here and sent crash reports in but the problem is still here. I had hoped with the new official release this would have been solved.

Each time I have uninstalled DVDFab, re-booted, done a fresh install, put back in my registration information, re-booted just to be sure but still does not work.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195

Here is an error when I try to create and ISO file of just the main movie. I can create a clone of the entire DVD though.:

When trying to use DVD to Mobile I get this error. It does not matter what movie or device I try to create the mobile file for.

Selecting PVP

Selecting Next

Conversion starts and then…

CRASH REPORT pops up

you do not get errors when using 3.1.8.0, only when using any updates? that is strange. i know that i read that 3.1.8.0 is more stable for some users, seems we have another case of 3.1.8.0 here. i am sure you have tried several installation combinations to get this to work. here is what i would try.

uninstall all versions of dvdfab. clean install to 3.1.8.0 and verify it works. do not uninstall simply update to 3.2.1.0 making sure to install over 3.1.8.0 into same directory. if this happens to work then do the same with 4.0.1.0 installing over 3.2.1.0 into the same directory. disable all unneeded startup and backgound programs/processes. do not run any other copy protection software at the same time. the updates have the new technology pathplayer, try using with it enabled and then disabled. im sure you have tried this. just giving you the only suggestions i have at this time.

troy

Hi Greg, sorry you are still having problems with this. Have you tried disablilng the read ahead cache?

here is a link explaining how to do a clean uninstall/reinstall of dvdfab on win xp. the steps should be very similar for win 2000.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1711788-post1.html

troy

4.0.1.2 fixed the 400 error I was getting but “DVD to Mobile” still does not work. I’ve sent a request to support for help. Hopefully they will fix this in the next release or beta.

Hi GregRocket,

Please re-download 4.0.1.2 to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;1933278]Hi GregRocket,

Please re-download 4.0.1.2 to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Hi and thank you for your response,

I deleted 4.0.1.2, emptyed the trash, cleared my browsers cache and downloaded 4.0.1.2 again. Uninstalled 4.0.1.2, re-booted and installed & registered 4.0.1.2.

Tried DVD to Mobile to create an avi file. The process starts then the CRASH REPORT still pops up. The process is creating a small 2kb avi file.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195

Hi GregRocket,

Please send us the crash report with your comment, so that I can check it asap, thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;1933696]Hi GregRocket,

Please send us the crash report with your comment, so that I can check it asap, thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

I’ve just emailed a CRASH REPORT.

Thank you for looking into this,
GregRocket

[QUOTE=fengtao;1933696]Hi GregRocket,

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Just tried Beta 4.0.1.4 and still get CRASH REPORT when trying to create a avi file with DVD 2 Mobile using Windows 2000 Pro.

Hi

I just wanted to let you know I am also having the same problem with 4.0.1.2 that I purchased recently. Using Win 2000 with all the latest service packs and updates.

I did a clean reinstall and the problem did not go away.

It seems to have no problem when i am doing full copy from dvd to disk. when i do a main movie copy from dvd to generic mobile, it prompts up the report sending dialog.

Hope you guys can fix it soon.

I am attaching the zip file from the crash/failure.

[QUOTE=sashimi;1944204]Hi

I just wanted to let you know I am also having the same problem with 4.0.1.2 that I purchased recently. Using Win 2000 with all the latest service packs and updates.

I did a clean reinstall and the problem did not go away.

It seems to have no problem when i am doing full copy from dvd to disk. when i do a main movie copy from dvd to generic mobile, it prompts up the report sending dialog.

Hope you guys can fix it soon.

I am attaching the zip file from the crash/failure.[/QUOTE]

DVD to Mobile has not worked for me since version 3.1.8.0. I’ve tried the latest Beta 4.0.1.6 but still get the Crash Report. I’ve contacted support but they claim they have no idea what the problem is and from what I can tell no fix in the works. Still seems to me to be a Windows 2000 and DVDFab porblem. Maybe in a future release it will start working again for now I just use 3.1.8.0.

Hi GregRocket,

Ting has sent you a special profile for testing, please help us to confirm where the problem is, thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;1945102]Hi GregRocket,

Ting has sent you a special profile for testing, please help us to confirm where the problem is, thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Hi Fengtao

I did try the profile and sent Ting back the results a couple of days ago. I also asked yesterday if there was anything else I could send to help and he responded “Thanks, now I just sure where is the problem, need try to fix this, if there are new beta for your crash problem, I will send to you.”

I thank you both for all your efforts and hope something can be done to resolve this. For now I just keep using version 3.1.8.0.

[QUOTE=GregRocket;1944676]DVD to Mobile has not worked for me since version 3.1.8.0. I’ve tried the latest Beta 4.0.1.6 but still get the Crash Report. I’ve contacted support but they claim they have no idea what the problem is and from what I can tell no fix in the works. Still seems to me to be a Windows 2000 and DVDFab porblem. Maybe in a future release it will start working again for now I just use 3.1.8.0.[/QUOTE]

After I re-read this post I was a little harsh :o Should have read they don’t know what the problem is but if they can figure it out they will release a Beta for testing. Just a little frustrated on my end, I’ll just be more patient and hope for a fix soon.