DVDFab Platinum 4.0.0.8 Beta:
http://www.dvdfab.com/DVDFabPlatinum4008Beta.exe

DVDFab Gold 4.0.0.8 Beta:
http://www.dvdfab.com/DVDFabGold4008Beta.exe

DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.0.0.8 Beta:
http://www.dvdfab.com/DVDFabHDDecrypter4008Beta.exe

What’s New:

4.0.0.8 Beta (Nov 7, 2007)

• New: Added option “Remove annoying PGCs (like FBI warnings)” in “Full Disc” and “Customize” mode.
  • New: Improved DVD structure cleaning module.
    a. When copying a range of chapters, the unselected chapters are removed, in “No menus” mode.
    b. All unreferenced cells are removed in “No menus” mode.
    c. When preserving menus, the unselected titles will not be played. In previous versions, the unselected titles will be converted to empty title and will be played.
  • New: Updated language files.
  • Fix: A/V sync problem in certain cases for “DVD to Mobile”, like “Meet the Robinsons”.

Note: DVDFab uses a method to determine annoying PGCs like FBI warnings.

1. The PGC doesn’t contains buttons.
  2. All cells’ play time are less than 20 seconds.
  3. There is no cell command.
  4. There is no infinite still cell.
  5. The “skip to next program” operation is prohibited.

So, DVDFab will kill the playback of PGC which matchs the criteria. It may be FBI warnings, or other annoying things, but sometimes FBI warning can not be detected with the criteria.

4.0.0.5 Beta (Nov 1, 2007)

• New: Added option “Change DVD playback order” in “Full Disc” mode. You can choose
    “Jump to first menu when disc inserted” or “Jump to main title when disc inserted”.

Please note “PathPlayer” must be enabled for the new options. You may need select “Always enable PathPlayer” to make sure it is available.

• New: Added option “Jump to first menu when disc inserted” in “Customize” mode.
  • New: Added more protection info in “Settings -> Info” window.
  • New: Added profile for Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, for “DVD to Mobile”.
  • New: Updated language files.

4.0.0.0 Beta (Oct 24, 2007)

• New: Brand new user interface, more professional!
  • New: Rewritten DVD structure cleaning module.
  • New: Added timeout for PathPlayer to avoid infinite loop.
  • New: Added option “Create files in subfolders of output directory”.
  • New: Added option “Display only forced subpicture” for “DVD to Mobile”.
  • New: Added option “Split by chapter” for “DVD to Mobile”.
  • Fix: A problem that “Eanble PathPlayer” message will be shown again and again.
  • Fix: Freeze problem at start of movie on certain standalone DVD players.
  • Fix: A/V sync problem when using other DVD converting software except for DVDFab Platinum.
  • Fix: A/V sync problem in certain cases for “DVD to Mobile”.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

This version has a MAJOR BUG! Can not rip any DVD now it reboots the computer!

Question: Why does this software cause the computer to reboot when it crashes? Even when reboot computer is disabled in startup.

log file

11/7/2007 5:21:02 AM info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
11/7/2007 5:21:02 AM info New Drive selected : 1:0:0 - LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H LL0C [F] (Ide)
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H LL0C [F] (Ide)
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 - Async. Access mode
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info User default language : 1033 (0x0409h) - English (United States)
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info System default language : 1041 (0x0411h) - Japanese
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info DLL Version 2.1.3.324
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info DLL C:\Program Files\DVDFab Platinum 3\vso_hwe.dll
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info Version 4, 0, 0, 8
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info ExeName : "C:\Program Files\DVDFab Platinum 3\DVDFabPlatinum.exe"
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
11/7/2007 5:19:47 AM info ******************** Report session started ********************

Brilliant work, Fengtao and Ting! :clap::clap::clap:

Had to smile when I read the bit about the Feebie warning! Great idea, that. :iagree:

Appreciate all the hard work which you, and your team, put into updating DVDFab like this, but manage to keep the code really tight and elegant. The size of the download really hasn’t changed in all the last fifty or so downloads I’ve done since getting DVDFab.:slight_smile:

My girls also send their regards and thanks. They have no probs at all putting films onto their gizmos, and we use only DVDFab. :flower:

I know that, because this is our communal 'puter. :wink:

See you later then, and thanks again. Jim :smiley:

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the latest update. You are the best, Keep up the good work.

PJ

I have downloaded the installer about 20 times…
I get this error each time I try to run it:
“The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.”

Please help… :frowning:

Also, why has DVDFab HD been able to rip my HD DVD and Blu-ray discs in the past, but now it just doesn’t detect them.
In My Computer, I can see that the discs are ready, Cyberlink PowerDVD plays the movies, but DVDFab HD cannot detect the HD movies.

It works fine for DVD’s.

HELP!!!

fengtao,

Thank you and your team for all good work and help...Bob...

It seems as the gold beta is only 558kb will not load corrupted files?
Thanks for looking into this.
Platinum loads fine.

[QUOTE=GoldenEye4ever;1925649]I have downloaded the installer about 20 times…
I get this error each time I try to run it:
“The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.”

[/QUOTE]

I get same error message also.

The Platinum Beta loads and runs fine. Thanks for the new features, goodbye to J. E. Hoover:flower:.

HD Decrypter and Gold will not run keep getting corrupted setup files error but Platinum runs fine.

[quote=kernal;1925695]I get same error message also.[/quote] Me 3
edit: OK I was trying to go fron FABHD ver 3.2.1.0 to ver 4.0.0.8 beta, what I had to do was go and d/l ver 4.0.0.0 beta because that was when they changed the format then I went to ver 4.0.0.5 beta then to the 4.0.0.8 beta and it all works fine, maybe all I had to do was go to the 4.0.0.0 beta but I did all the ver just to be safe ;):wink:

edit

Dear all,

The setup file for DVDFab Gold and DVDFab HD Decrypter is updated.

Sorry for the problem.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[quote=Jimbo;1925706]Me 3
edit: OK I was trying to go fron FABHD ver 3.2.1.0 to ver 4.0.0.8 beta, what I had to do was go and d/l ver 4.0.0.0 beta because that was when they changed the format then I went to ver 4.0.0.5 beta then to the 4.0.0.8 beta and it all works fine, maybe all I had to do was go to the 4.0.0.0 beta but I did all the ver just to be safe ;);)[/quote] NOPE didn’t work I was wrong sorry :sad::sad::sad::sad:

[quote=fengtao;1925727]Dear all,

The setup file for DVDFab Gold and DVDFab HD Decrypter is updated.

Sorry for the problem.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/quote] Just tried it and the HD still isn’t working :sad::sad::sad:Edit: Just tried it again and it worked thanks a million Fengtao for the fast response :bow::bow::bow:

The HD and Blu-ray isn’t working

Here’s a link for 4005 beta if you need to get it back:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVDFab_HD_Decrypter/1132478833/1

Just tried this beta 4.0.0.8 and still get CRASH REPORT when trying to make an AVI file using DVD 2 Mobile feature. It does not matter what movie I try, I get the crash report right after I click the Start Button. I Uninstalled 4.0.0.8 and re-installed DVDFab Platinum 3.1.8.0 and DVD 2 Mobile works in the older version.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195

Thanks for all the hard work DVDFab team.

[QUOTE=fengtao;1925608]

• New: Added option “Remove annoying PGCs ([B]like[/B] FBI warnings)” in “Full Disc” and “Customize” mode.
    [/QUOTE]

Just FBI warnings or other stuff to?

Thanks for the update!

Rock & Roll…:cool:

[QUOTE=signals;1925698]The Platinum Beta loads and runs fine. [/QUOTE]
:iagree:…for me too!

[QUOTE=signals;1925698]Thanks for the new features, goodbye to J. E. Hoover:flower:.[/QUOTE]
Hahahaha