DVDFab 3.1.2.8 Beta

Dear all,

DVDFab products 3.1.2.8 Beta is out (06/03/2007):

DVDFab Platinum 3.1.2.8 Beta:
http://www.dvdfab.com/DVDFabPlatinum3128Beta.exe

DVDFab HD Decrypter 3.1.2.8 Beta:
http://www.dvdfab.com/DVDFabHDDecrypter3128Beta.exe

DVDFab Gold doesn’t contain HD-DVD and Blu-ray copying feature, so there is no new beta for DVDFab Gold.

What’s New:

• New: Added support for new AACS protection as found on HD-DVD “Matrix 2 and 3” (US).

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Brilliant work, Fengtao and Ting!

Many thanks to you and the rest of your team for all your hard work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

See you later then, and thanks again. Jim :slight_smile:

Great, a new version, I’m still waiting for wireless internet to get installed, damned dialup.
Just kidding, keep up the great work.

Colin

Thanks to all. :clap: :clap: Frequency of updates is amazing.

Thank you all for the latest update.
Have a great day.

PJ

Thanks for the great updates!! :clap: :clap:

:iagree: :clap:

Hello,

I am new to this group, but have been a lurker for a long time. Love the product, have been using FabPlatinum for over a year. Since update 3.18 I think, I have been having trouble with the DVD to mobile conversion. When using DVD to I-pod, MPEG-4 conversion, the final minutes of the video stream turns white while the audio continues to play. This happens with every new update since 3.18. To remedy the problem I have to re-install 3.16. Any thought? Your help is appreciated.

With this beta version, my rip times have normalized…up in the 11-12 Mbs range. The most recent final v.3.1.2.6, I noted rip times that were markely slower (still not bad and I really didn’t care).
This is just an FYI, I know at least one other user, Benhad, was experiencing the same.

Personally, this has occurred maybe 2-3 times since Fab 3 was in its early pre-release beta versions. Could never figure it out and stopped trying.
This just reinforces my thinking that there is voodoo at work… :eek: :bigsmile:

I never knew DVDFab Platinum had features for copying HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, I thought it was just DVDFab HD Decrypter

I have a pretty good CPU and I only get about 11.50Mbs so I think that is pretty normal.:iagree:

3.1.2.6--------- 4 to 5 MBs
3.1.2.8--------- 11 to 12 MBs
All is well in my little section of the world again.

On a side note it depends on the size of a DVD in my case. On a single layer one it starts out at about 9.5 Mbs range and works up to about 12-13 Mbs range, and stays there till its done. On a dual layer one it starts at the 4.3 Mbs range, and goes to the 9.5 Mbs range, then back down gradually to the 5-6 Mbs range…

I didn’t test 3.1.2.6 out, haven’t bought anything lately. So i don’t know if it was slower.

Same problem here. Generic MP4 conversion with xvid. Also, Platinum doesn’t remember that I want a fixed bitrate. It always defaults to fixed filesize. I would like to default to the same bitrate for most applications.

I have used v 3.1.2.8 beta to back-up two movies without success (DVD9). The process is completed without any errors but when I try to play the disc it is not recognized by the DVD player. This issue does not exist in v 3.1.2.6.

Also whenever DVD9 is selected as default in the settings and try to back-up a DVD, it always reverts to DVD5 after the initial scan.

Hi skypx,

Can you play the backup disc on PC?

Best Regards,
Fengtao

No, it won’t play.

Hi skypx,

Please send me all the .IFO files on Original and Backup disc, thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Unfortunately I destroyed the back-up disc, since it would not play in the stand alone DVD player/computer DVD drive. I am at work now but when I get home I will use v 3.1.2.8 beta to back-up a movie and send the .IFO files.