vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab products 3.0.8.0 is out (02/09/2007):

DVDFab Platinum/Gold 3.0.8.0:
http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.8.0:
http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

What’s New:
* New: “Merge” feature to combine several titles of several sources into one DVD. For example, you can combine two DVD-9 like “The Lord of the Rings” into one DVD-9, or merge season DVDs to fewer discs, or create your own special features collection disc, etc.
* New: Improved copy protection removal engine.
* New: Updated language files.
* Fix: Several minor problems.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Still no preview in Win Vista.

Just me again, Fengtao and Ting. Many thanks for your brilliant work, and unstinting efforts in keeping DVD Fab Platinum updated like this. See you later, then. Jim . :slight_smile:

Thanks Fengtao and Ting for the new versions of the Platinum LOVE the “Merge” :bigsmile: :bow: :bow:

Tim

Thanks for another outstanding release:clap:.

WOW cant wate to try My thanks. :clap:

And still no .MDS support. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Hey there, hi there, ho there, we are diffidently as Happy as can be :bow: . Just wanted to say Thank You once again Fengtao and Ting :clap: :clap: for yet another timely update. Actually I don’t why, LOL. I personally haven’t come across anything yet to try 3.0.7.5 let alone a newer version. But I’ll take it. You never know what’s around the corner. So again, Thanks ~ Mike :bigsmile:

Another new version that does me no good. Still somthing wrong with why a home DVD player will not recognize the burned copy as a DVD and play it. This same player would play his older versions. Will have to just keep using RipIt4Me.

Thanks again Fengtao- fantastic work.

One problem with merge - tried to do a DVD compilation using 8 music DVD’s on HDD.
Selected 2 chapters from each disc but FAB would only let me select HDD source maximum of 6 times. Then I kept getting the FAB advice notice asking me to send error report.

Tried this 3 times - every time I selected the 7’th disc on HDD got the notice.

Did the compilation with only the 6 sources selected = perfect copy and in only 9 minutes. What an excellent feature.

Thought I would add, I took a burned copy made with DVDFab Platinum that would not play in one of my players and re-burned it with Nero and it did play. I then took the one made with Nero and re-burned with DVDFab Platinum, this newest version and it would not play. I guess I’m the only one in this world that has this problem.

Thanks Fengtao and Ting. I had only time to do one set of backups and now another upgrade. :smiley: This has been one of the best software product purchases I have made. Keep up the great work. :clap:

@camper
Which mode are you trying to burn and common settings for write. Name of movie would be nice. Also you might more responses by starting a new thread because a lot of people do not read past 1st post in this section.

Mack

Hi bigmacnc,
I allways use Main Movie on orignal DVD. I use DVD+R. My problem now is, with the newer versions of DVDFab gold/platinum is it will not play in all of the dvd players that they would with the earlyer versions. Also, if I redo a burned copy that will play in all players with the newer versions of DVDFab gold/platium, than it will not play in all players again.

Sweet!
As always, thanks Fengtao and Ting, you’re awesome.
I have noted with this last version 3.0.8.0 that my read times are back up to read times of a few versions ago (includes Beta as well as final)… :smiley:
I could never isolate any cause apart from those specific versions. It was also never a big deal…I could care less about the read time on a movie being 7.5 minutes vs. 13.5 minutes. Still, it’s nice to see my Litey 165H6S performing like its old self.

Can you check your booktype to see if the disks that play are set to DVD-ROM and the disks that don’t play are set to DVD+R? I’ve been wondering how much of this standalone player incompatibility stuff is due to DVDFab not setting the booktype properly?

Fred

Sure, easy to do with a number of utilities…one being Nero CD-DVD Speed…just click on the link.

Just checked 3 different movies that I copied with Fab on CD-DVD Speed and all three are set to DVD-Rom. That’s what I have it set for. Hope this helps. ~ Mike

Thanks Fengtao and Ting :bigsmile:
DVDFab Platinum is truly the best software I’ve seen in a long time. Keep up the great work! This was definitely money well spent. :bow:

Bryan

To Fengtao and Ting and of course all the others on the Forum:

Firstly ‘Thanks for a great product’ and secondly 'Thanks for all the help on the Forum.'I know I don’t say very much but I have picked up a wealth of knowledge by reading the posts. Some of the problems posted I have had firsthand knowledge and the posts have helped. So again thanks for the help.
Rimrunner/ js