DVDdecryptor 3.1.6.0...is it save to use

vbimport

The new version of DVDdecryptor v3.1.6.0 is available.
ReneB, as far as you know, is it save to use with DVD2one?

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Check this for more info!!!

Rob

ps… a quote from reneb…

“Indeed the new version of DVDdecryptor can cause DVD2one crashes. Erwin already emailed LightningUK about this problem.”

Originally posted by robbyrob
[B]Check this for more info!!!

Rob

ps… a quote from reneb…

“Indeed the new version of DVDdecryptor can cause DVD2one crashes. Erwin already emailed LightningUK about this problem.” [/B]

He was talking about version 3.1.5.0 which was the new release when this thread was started. Version 3.1.6.0 fixes the problems in 3.1.5.0.

OK, but what’s even more important:

Is it nessessary to re-rip all the movies done with dvd decrypter 3.1.5.0 (and processed with DVD2one afterwards) because of some potential bugs??? :confused:

Rene?

S.

Originally posted by samtroy
[B]OK, but what’s even more important:

Is it nessessary to re-rip all the movies done with dvd decrypter 3.1.5.0 (and processed with DVD2one afterwards) because of some potential bugs??? :confused:

Rene?

S. [/B]

No … the bugs prevented you from using Dvd20ne, in certain circumstances.

If your movie is burnt & working, you shouldn’t have any problems.

I’am going to test this, but i think it’s pretty safe to asume that LightningUK knows what he’s doing :slight_smile:

Only one way to find out, trial and error…

Yeah I hope this one is ok for you guys/gals.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Nope same problem with version 3.1.6 as with the previous one , i.e. the movie ripped craches dvd2one v1.1.13

Well I’d like to know how!!

It would be really useful if someone could rip in 3.1.4.0 and 3.1.6.0 and do a hex compare on the two files.

ReneB, perhaps you could do a little debugging your end?

Do the ripped vob files that crash dvd2one play ok in windvd / powerdvd?

How is it possible for some, like myself, to have no problems with 3.1.5.0 and others to keep crashing? There must be something common in those systems that crash. I have used it on dozens of movies with complete success, and on two separate computers.

I will install v.3.16 tonight and see how it goes.

Lighting UK , the files do play ok in powerdvd, and I tried installing 3.1.14 and it does the same as the new version now.

I can’t figure that one , anyway the movie is an oldie called dogma , and on all wersions I tied of dvddecryptor which was 4-5-and the latest six with all versions of dvd2one which is all 4 off , the same result crashes at 61% if movie only mode and 52% of movie and extras , I’ve ripped well quite a few :slight_smile: with decryptor and had no prbs at all program works ace , I can’t understand whats happened that is leaving me with no versions working , haven’t tried smart ripper yet but I’m none to keen on that one .

@ sorted

Have you tried ripping/processing other films or is it just this one that is troublesome ?

Also when it crashes, exactly what message are you getting ?

ferris bueller `s day off , worked ok m8 , so it’s looking like just certaim movies,

DVD Decrypter 3.1.6.0 (29/04/2003)
Fixed DVDRAM support in ISO Write mode
Fixed hangup when searching for devices on some machines
Fixed destination folder / filename bug
Fixed DVD+R disc finalisation problem
Fixed PCM demux ‘end of file’ bug
Fixed a bug in the first GOP patching code
Fixed CSS cracking code
Increased maximum software read error retry count to 50
Added support for alternative chapter info file for DVDMaestro - using a ‘;’ rather than ‘:’
Added the option of forcing the program to use a given decryption key
Added the option of using the ‘Most Recently Used’ folder as the default destination

DVDDecrypter 3.1.6.0 released April 29, 2003 download mirror [753KB]
http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/SetupDVDDecrypter.exe

Hey!
LIGHTENING UK! and mrbass both!! The whole gang is showing up now…DrMerc, Elby and Darrow can weigh in and we’ll have it ALL together…
Welcome, gents.

I do believe the problem that cropped up in .5 was dvd/title specific (particularly some pal’s). I used .5 with solid success on several dvd’s–but prudence dictated going back to .4 until the ‘issue’ was identified.

People need to post the movies they had problems with (and nature of problem), and be specific about the release/version.

DVDD a great proggie, BTW. You da man!

I have noticed on 2 occasions now using DVD2One V1.1.3 and DVD Decrypter V3.1.5 when i have completed the Rip and then sent it to DVD2One to proccess in Full Disk Mode, then to Nero to Burn, DVD2One has been adding on an adittional 45MB making the movie to large to burn on a 4.7. Anyone else expierence this yet as well?

It’s nothing to do with the new versions of DVD Decryptor or Dvd20ne, as this happened on the old version of dvd20ne sometimes.

It’s because dvd20ne estimates the final size and sometimes is a little out.
If you set the output size doen to 4444mb as recommended by ReneB, you will have the answer :wink:

Ok TY for your response…! Appreciated… Great Programs… Great Forum…!