DVDDecrypter 3.1.4.0 right settings for ripping whole DVD-9?

Hello!
I would like to know the right settings for ripping a DVD film DVD9 (dual layer) entirely, using DVDDecrypter last version (3.1.4.0).
I don’t need to cut off some special chapter or language, I need all data.
Can you help me?
Which is the difference choosing between IFO and ISO?
Thank you very much in advance!
SILVER

Originally posted by Silverman2k1
Hello!
I would like to know the right settings for ripping a DVD film DVD9 (dual layer) entirely, using DVDDecrypter last version (3.1.4.0).
I don’t need to cut off some special chapter or language, I need all data.
Can you help me?
Which is the difference choosing between IFO and ISO?
Thank you very much in advance!
SILVER

Try this site Doom9 There are guides than descrambling guides and there is DVD decrypter guide :stuck_out_tongue:

ISO mode dumps the WHOLE DVD9 as an ISO image to your HD, all 7,8 or 9 gig of it. You can mount the ISO image in Daemon Tools to view and play it also.

IFO mode will strip out each Movie or stream you select.

FILE mode can rip ALL files to your HD if you tick all boxes.

Chickenman

I want to rip a movie and then use DVD2ONE, but I want to have other languages other than the original. For instance, main movie is in English, but I would like to have also French. I’ve tried using DVD Decrypter, File mode, and the program selects the files to rip. I’ve ripped those files, then I used DVD2ONE, and when given the options I’ve selected the English and French languages (no subtitles) at the end of the process I’ve checked the .vob files, some were in English others in French. Now, I am asking whether ripping the all DVD to HD and then let DVD2ONE choose the files it needs should solve the problem or there is another way around to fix the problem?
Thanks

Yes ripping the whole movie would probably help dvd2one. Personly I use SmartRipper to do that. You just select the BACKUP button and it rips the whole DVD to your HD. Never fails.

Originally posted by alwaysilva
[B]Chickenman

I want to rip a movie and then use DVD2ONE, but I want to have other languages other than the original. For instance, main movie is in English, but I would like to have also French. I’ve tried using DVD Decrypter, File mode, and the program selects the files to rip. I’ve ripped those files, then I used DVD2ONE, and when given the options I’ve selected the English and French languages (no subtitles) at the end of the process I’ve checked the .vob files, some were in English others in French. Now, I am asking whether ripping the all DVD to HD and then let DVD2ONE choose the files it needs should solve the problem or there is another way around to fix the problem?
Thanks [/B]

Use filemode (DVD Decr.)to rip the main movie, and set “the maps” in DVD2one,
(source and destination) push “next” and you can do your selections, small note with PowerDVD, you sometimes can’t
hear the audio, or select subtitles in file mode of PowerDVD,
of the result, once you have burned on the DVD media,
all is in order!

DVD Video/Audio Extraction;

When using DVDDecrypter, you only need to choose what you want to be extracted. I

personally am tickeled that you can extract the movie only and process it alone! This

whole process will take approx= 45 min on a pc running at least a 1.10Ghz processor.

Create two working directories on the same drive (C:\). Both need to have 

sub-dir’s that are titled “VIDEO_TS”. The first dir will be the output dir for

DVDDecrypter. By using DVDDecrypter you can specify which data to retain and which to

remove. It is here that you can remove all corresponding data for the movie except what

you need to keep (subs, additional languages…etc) Take the output data from dir one and

process that data through DVD2One.

DVD2One will allow for additional removal of data that you might not want before 

final repackaging. It is the second dir that should hold the output for DVD2One. Burn that

entire dir including the top folder (VIDEO_TS) using RecordNow. DVD2One is used due to the

compression mechanics and auto-creation of the ifo file.

The DVD standard(s) that this technique has worked on so far for me are:

DVD-5,/12c,/4.7Gb; DVD-9,/12c,/8.5Gb & DVD-10,/12c,/9.4 Gb

Bonus: Remember that the video playbacd will be actual DVD-/.vob data hence the resolution

will remain perfect! AND!!! When burned with NERO UDF Compatability; it is assured to work

in nearly all existing DVD Set top players.

DVDDecrypter 3.1.4.0
DVD2One 1.0
RecordNow 4.5

process notes: If after burning, during the verify mode of the burn process don’t worry

select ok, close out all other windows, insert disk into set-top. I think that the verify

process has a bug!

Sinister

Originally posted by jshuford
[B]DVD Video/Audio Extraction;

When using DVDDecrypter, you only need to choose what you want to be extracted. I

personally am tickeled that you can extract the movie only and process it alone! This

whole process will take approx= 45 min on a pc running at least a 1.10Ghz processor.

Create two working directories on the same drive (C:). Both need to have

sub-dir’s that are titled “VIDEO_TS”. The first dir will be the output dir for

DVDDecrypter. By using DVDDecrypter you can specify which data to retain and which to

remove. It is here that you can remove all corresponding data for the movie except what

you need to keep (subs, additional languages…etc) Take the output data from dir one and

process that data through DVD2One.

DVD2One will allow for additional removal of data that you might not want before

final repackaging. It is the second dir that should hold the output for DVD2One. Burn that

entire dir including the top folder (VIDEO_TS) using RecordNow. DVD2One is used due to the

compression mechanics and auto-creation of the ifo file.

The DVD standard(s) that this technique has worked on so far for me are:

DVD-5,/12c,/4.7Gb; DVD-9,/12c,/8.5Gb & DVD-10,/12c,/9.4 Gb

Bonus: Remember that the video playbacd will be actual DVD-/.vob data hence the resolution

will remain perfect! AND!!! When burned with NERO UDF Compatability; it is assured to work

in nearly all existing DVD Set top players.

DVDDecrypter 3.1.4.0
DVD2One 1.0
RecordNow 4.5

process notes: If after burning, during the verify mode of the burn process don’t worry

select ok, close out all other windows, insert disk into set-top. I think that the verify

process has a bug!

Sinister [/B]

With default settings, DVD Decrypter selects the main movie
anyway, (file mode in the case of 2 layer)
And creates a map according to the volume name of the cd,
you only need a destination map, when you select DVD2one,
at this point i select main title, audio, and subtittles i want to keep, and burn it with Nero (also a empty audio_ts map)
no multisession, udf 1.02, this works for me fine.

So, if I understand, I can avoid using IfoEdit if I cut off extras and audios with dvddecrypter, then re-encode all vobs with dvd2one?
Is it correct to say that dvd2one reorder ifo?
Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by Silverman2k1
So, if I understand, I can avoid using IfoEdit if I cut off extras and audios with dvddecrypter, then re-encode all vobs with dvd2one?
Is it correct to say that dvd2one reorder ifo?
Thanks a lot!

What in most cases works, (not all) okay, you know it’s a dual
layer disc, you choose File mode in DVD Decrypter, at default
a string of vobs with mostly, and many 1GB files will be selected,
(blue) start this, it will decrypt the lot, after that, you close
it, start DVD2one, select the decrypted file folder, second, a
empty destination (VIDEO_TS) folder, click: Next…
you select(check) the line with the longest playing time (the movie) and also the audio and subtittles you want to keep,
and the “angle” (most of the time only 1) confirm this also,
and after DVD20ne has done it’s job, you can burn this map
(it has also the correct ifo’s etc…made by DVD2one)
with Nero, ISO/UDF 1.02 (no Joliet) add also an empty AUDIO_TS
folder on the dvd, to be sure.

But you didn’t tell us the tittle of your movie…?

The winner is … Vannilla Sky :smiley:

First of all, thank you very much.
I asked these questions because I notice there is a little confusion about re-encoding IFO files with DVD2One.
I’m doing some experiments with a lot of DVD’s ripping/burning software, to choose the best one ofr my purposes.
Bye!

Originally posted by Silverman2k1
[B]The winner is … Vannilla Sky :smiley:

First of all, thank you very much.
I asked these questions because I notice there is a little confusion about re-encoding IFO files with DVD2One.
I’m doing some experiments with a lot of DVD’s ripping/burning software, to choose the best one ofr my purposes.
Bye! [/B]

I prefer DVD Decrypter above Smartripper, because i only want
to “transfer” the main movie, and there aren’t many “buttons”,
so not much can go wrong :slight_smile:
When you are going to change default settings, you must
know what you are doing,…
And if you know more, ( i don’t) you can maybe try other stuff,
but for me, i’m happy with the DVD Decrypter > DVD2one > Nero
combination…
Next thing i want to do is, buying a DVD stand-alone that exepts
DVD RW media, so i can do “test burns” before i burn on DVD R
media.

I have had to use SmartRipper to rip all files from DVD. For some reason when I select all files with DVDDecrypter and rip to HDD InstantCopy says that CSS still present. Yet with movie only, no problem. Any IDEAs

Originally posted by redjade69
I have had to use SmartRipper to rip all files from DVD. For some reason when I select all files with DVDDecrypter and rip to HDD InstantCopy says that CSS still present. Yet with movie only, no problem. Any IDEAs

Maybe you messed up some (good) default settings ?
re-install your software, be sure to remove also the reg. keys,
in regedit, of the DVD rip and fit software in question,
like i said, i have no problems, installed DVD Decrypter,
DVD2one,

DVD Decrypter:

  1. check-out dvd in iso-read mode, if the info says 2 layer,
    switch to file mode,
  2. if it’s 1 layer you keep the iso read mode
    and you’re creating directly a iso…
  3. which you can burn later with iso write mode

or check out the many “guides” for the special cases…
on the www’s