Dvdclone2 problem

i get this window when dvdclone2 trys to put the movie files on my harddrive

Creation of DVD files was not successful:
C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\eraser\PAL\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO 3 TCE: unable to open file The system cannot find the path specified

Please be sure that all required files are available and try again

it just started doing this for no aparent reson.

TCE error: A general TCE error means that the physical integrity of the disc is compromised - scratch, defect, smudge etc. Try cleaning it but generally it’s either a well-used rental version or a defective new purchase.

Straight from this topic.

this problem is coming up with all of the disks i try. Even the ones that i have used before and worked fine.

Well, at least read the lowest paragraph of the post in the link I supplied above. You’ll see several error messages that might help you

Anyone know why the word “eraser” exists in the path that Bluntman pasted?

C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\eraser\PAL\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO 3 TCE: unable to open file The system cannot find the path specified
Did you look on your desktop and check the properties of the desktop VIDEO_TS folder or use Explorer to check the path to see if it really exists the same as the error message path? I’ll bet the path is different or the files are deleted. Sounds maybe like CloneDVD’s feature “Delete temporary video files after writing” is checked “ON”. You must uncheck it (“OFF”) or the DVD files will be erased after closing CloneDVD.

Or maybe something else (eraser) is at work here.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, then create a desktop folder named after the movie and direct CloneDVD to deposit the Video_TS folder into that folder.

Whisperer

Where did you install CloneDVD??? On your desktop???
Reinstall it where it belongs (Usually C:\Program Files), it will work. “eraser” is a folder which belongs to the CloneDVD installation.

I almost think it’s this Eraser the directory refers to :stuck_out_tongue:

Mediocre Schwarzenegger vehicle

i did install it in it default location and i have reinstalled it

fixed it
thanks for the help

Did the re-install help? I’m getting the same error with my laptop.

@ rack04

Perchance are you aware that the last posing date in this thread is rather old and it is extremely unlikely that Forum Member Bluntman will be returning to this thread and responding to your recent inquiry.

Suggest securing you Registration Key in a safe place and visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and downloading the newest current up to date version of CloneDVD and installing it and see if this corrects your problem.

Best Regards,
bjkg