DVDClone Prob- Skipping during playback

So have burned about 5 movies using DVDClone. A little more than half way through the movie the DVD starts to skip, or jump around a scene. I don’t know why this is happening.

Can anyone help me with a possible solution to this problem?

I have questions.

1. This is CloneDVD from Elby or Slysoft, correct? Not some crappy imitation product?
    1a) If yes, what is the version number?
  2. What media did you burn this on?

Personally, it sounds like a crappy media burn to me.

Be sure & try it on different DVD players.

Yeah I use the Elby, version is 2.9.0.3
I use Memorex DVD-R’s. I have used this media in the past with other softwares and it worked fine, however that was on XP not Vista. Since I have Vista I have had to try and find a software that works. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

Memorex makes some of the worst media possible. This is almost guaranteed a media problem. If you want some free software to try and prove that it can’t possibly be the media, be my guest and check out ImgBurn. If you can’t play it back after burning with that, it ain’t the software. :slight_smile:

Not totally true but what has been happening is that the latest media is just not recognised by some burners without the latest firmware updates.

So [B]Newport[/B] , what burner are you using? The DiscInfo report from Nero’s CD-DVD Speed with one of these Memorex discs in will tell us alot.

I have to disagree on this one. With Memorex, you never know what you’re going to get. My experience with their DVD media has been less than stellar. Their CD media, otoh, was tremendous for its quality. Personally, I would stick with known good brands such as TY premium or Verbatim.

While updating the firmware is definitely without a doubt a good idea, I just can’t accept the idea that Memorex DVD media is even of good quality. :slight_smile:

Don’t get me wrong , I’d never buy Memorex but some of the latest media burns fairly well. However, as they buy from all over the place you can never be quite sure what you’re getting.

Most of the recent issues with Memorex have been down to the fact that the burners firmware hasn’t recognised the new Media IDs so produces poor to very poor burns. The Ritek F1 media caused loads of problems when it was introduced by Memorex but with a matching firmware the burns have been OKish.

That was indeed the point I was making. Sometimes you get lucky and get decent media, other times it’s bottom of the barrel stuff. If you like playing Russian Roullette with your burns, I guess Memorex would be ok. :smiley:

Ritek has never impressed me. I tend to try to keep up with the latest (patched) firmware for my drives, but even so, I’ve never had great luck with Ritek. Sticking with Verbatim has always been a good strategy for me.

I’ll disagree with the notion that memorex is a bad media cause I used them for some time -like a year now the DL media and of 50 I get like 5 bad media burns. But I do take steps to insure good burns as in latest firmware and no multitasking when burning and burn at a low speed not max speed. And I have a Liteon 832S and 20A1H units both of which have done well for me.

To: newport

I would advise getting the slysoft clonedvd 2.9.1.2 version since you have a older software and also don’t multitask or burn at max speed. Plus also make sure your drive is updated to the latest firmware and check your booktype if you drive can do that as well. Cause if you can buy some +R media and booktype them to -ROM for better compatiblity in standalone players. I know the skipping your doing and from my experience that is a indication of buring at max speed which can lead to problem in playback so slow the burn down.

Alright, it seems I’ve been outvoted on the Memorex issue. :slight_smile: Definitely upgrade to the latest version of CloneDVD, and if that doesn’t work for you, seriously try ImgBurn and see if that works for you. That’s one of the most rock solid, stable burning environments I know of.

So here is what I got from the Test in Nero CD-DVD Speed. So what does all this mean? I will try to burn at a lower speed and see if that works. I don’t have time to look for firmware tonight, prob tomorrow.

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD-R
Book Type : DVD-R
Manufacturer: : Ritek
MID : RITEKF1
Write speeds: : 4 X - 8 X - 12 X
Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
: 4488 MB
: 4706076672 bytes
Extended Information
Layers : 1
Usage : General
Copyright protection : n/a
Recorder information : recorded with HL-DT-ST DVD±RW GSA-H31N
Disc Status : Empty
Raw Data
Pre-recorded Information in Lead-in (0Eh)
0000 - 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 52 00 02 87 0D 13 87 88 90 00 - .@…R…
0010 - 03 52 49 54 45 4B 46 00 04 31 00 00 00 00 00 00 - .RITEKF…1…
0020 - 05 88 80 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 56 07 09 00 - …V…
0030 - 00 00 00 00 90 12 2B 00 BC 10 11 00 5F 24 9A 76 - …+…_$.v
0040 - A0 06 07 00 00 00 00 00 56 07 09 00 00 00 00 00 - …V…
0050 - 34 11 11 00 02 07 09 00 A0 06 07 00 00 00 00 00 - 4…
0060 - 56 07 09 00 B0 11 11 00 76 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 - V…v…

@ Newport,

What your #12 postings means is that you are using poor quality blank DVD Media.

No matter what the Brand Name is printed on the package RITEKF1 Media is HIGHLY suspect Media and should be avoided.

Ritek Media has a rich well-documented history of being plagued with poor quality control issues and reflectivity degradation DVD Rot problems.

Strongly recommend obtaining known proven quality Media that consistently produces quality error free results such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media.

Regards,
bjkg

I have Vista Home Premium & I simply d-loaded Clone & AnyDvd after doing the upgrade from XP. Clone works fine with Vista. Try changing your media & try playing your films in different players. Sometimes files get corrupted & you will have to deinstall Clone/AnyDvd & reinstall them. I did this recently and my “freezing” problem went away. Vista is NOT a problem.

i am experiencing the same problem with the compression issues.
the media i am using is the dvd+r
the dilemma is that is i copy using the programs anydvd and clone dvd than i experience the compression issue. skipping/hanging first occurs in the first 20 minutes or 1/3 part of the dvd. the pixelation/locking up occurs at the end.
if i use xcopy platinium, simple mode and copy whole dvd—burn is fine no problems.
wierd, but it is happening.
got 6.1.8.4 anydvd and clone dvd 2.9.1.2
hope someone can help or at least read and investigate, thanks

@ gllerner,

Usually “skipping/hanging” and “pixelation/locking” problems during playback viewing are caused by the use of poor quality Media and/or old outdated obsolete DVD Burner Firmware or a combination of both.

Unfortunately you failed to provide and any pertinent information to be able to provide meaningful trouble shooting. Provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the undisclosed blank DVD Media you are using and the Manufacture Name/Model Number/Firmware Version of your undisclosed DVD Burner. To obtain this information use DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Regards,
bjkg

I would agree with bjkg, please give more info as to what system your using and devices and drivers and or firmware goes a long way to get to the solution rather then making the rest of us assume you have system and hardware setup that we have to guess on.

ok, i used the utility aand took these captures.
can u tell me anymore?

gllerner-please post the mediq that will tells us if it is the media.

@ gllerner,

From the information you provided in posting #18 both your NEC ND-1100A v1.93 and NEC ND-3550A v1.07 DVD Burners have the most current Firmware available installed.

In seeing that your DVD Burner has the most current Firmware available installed the most likely cause of your “skipping/hanging” and “pixelation/locking” problems during playback viewing is the use of poor quality blank DVD Media.

Unfortunately the information you provided in posting #18 doesn’t provide Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the DVD Media you are using. To obtain MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) information install the DVD Media you are using in your DVD Burner and then click on the Media Info icon in DVDInfo and the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) information will be displayed. The MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) information will look similar to TYG02 or MKM001.

Regards,
bjkg

PS – It is not necessary to post an image of the DVDInfo DVD MID data. Just provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) information data in a text form.