Dvd43

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-3500A / ND-3500AG. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]With DVD43 installed, every time that I hard booted my machine (win XP, intel core 2 duo E8400), the DVD writer would alternate: first visible and working, then not visible and not working.

When I removed DVD43, the DVD writer remains visible and working.

–End of story, took a while to figure out.

DVD43 version 4-4-0.

When visible and working DVD43 allowed me to copy DVD’s, etc.
When not visible, obviously, nothing related to the DVD-writer worked.

Hi aigra and welcome:

I suspose there was a time when DVD43 was cutting edge but there is a free product that is superior. Keep in mind that if you download and install, it will start the counter for the trial period for the Gold and Platinum commercial products.

You will also find considerable support from Forum members for DVDFabs product line.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

[quote=aigra;2162482][qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-3500A / ND-3500AG. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]With DVD43 installed, every time that I hard booted my machine (win XP, intel core 2 duo E8400), the DVD writer would alternate: first visible and working, then not visible and not working.

When I removed DVD43, the DVD writer remains visible and working.

–End of story, took a while to figure out.

DVD43 version 4-4-0.

When visible and working DVD43 allowed me to copy DVD’s, etc.
When not visible, obviously, nothing related to the DVD-writer worked.[/quote]
If you need a program that is the same as dvd43 then you can download and use anydvd but it not free. They do give you a 21 day free trial. dvdfab is a great program that can copy almost all DVDs that have been released

Welcome to the forum, DVD43 has been dead for a while now.

I don’t use it but I did notice that it was updated last week.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD43

Thanks for the Info Dialysis1.

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2162696]I don’t use it but I did notice that it was updated last week.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD43[/QUOTE]

Yeah development was recommenced near the start of 2008.

There have been several updates since then.

[B]Wombler[/B]

It has had over 3 updates in the past year.:iagree:

I wonder if it still works with DvdShrink. I used to get Blue Screens of Death and other DEP problems with DVD43. It seemed to to be all ironed out when they stopped updating it. I wonder.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2164211]I wonder if it still works with DvdShrink. I used to get Blue Screens of Death and other DEP problems with DVD43. It seemed to to be all ironed out when they stopped updating it. I wonder.[/QUOTE]

Well there’s one easy way to find out… :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I am going to give it a shot next week. I really used to love just having to use DvdShrink with DVD43 running in the back round. I did get more coasters then. I rarely get any coasters now and if I do it is usually a scratch or a bad blank. I find using HDDvdFab with DvdSshrink then ImgBurn has not failed since I don’t know when.