Dvd43 with roxio

I am using Roxio (came loaded on my HP) in conjunction with DVD43. I had copied a few of my favorite movies for backup purposes with no problems at all. Now, for reasons unknown, I can’t copy anything. The DVD43 program appears to be working, angry face then smily face, but the Roxio program tells me that the movie in encrypted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling DVD43 but that didn’t help. Anybody have any ideas what happened or what I can do to fix it?

Does it not work on [B]any[/B] dvds now? Even ones that you successfully copied before? Or is it just failing on certain disks?

DVD43 may not be updated enough to handle many newer disks with tougher protection schemes. I would suggest using a different program for decryption. DVDFab HD Decrypter is up to date and free to use. http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Or if you prefer to use something that works in a similar fashion to DVD43, you could try AnyDVD. There is a free 21 day trial, but after that you would have to pay for the program. Be aware it is not compatible with DVD43, and you shouldn’t have both on the computer simultaneously.

If neither of those options appeal to you, uninstall DVD43, then go into the registry and remove entries related to DVD43 manually before reinstalling. May not help though, and if you are not familiar with editing registry settings, you might not want to do this.

I can not make a copy of a DVD that I successfully copied a week ago. It just stopped working. And I am not familiar enough with the PC to try anything with registry settings so I don’t think that’s an option. I don’t mind trying a different program, I just can’t figure out what happened.

Did you try to copy the original again, or did you try to make a copy of the copy?

When it stopped working, I tried my original steps. I tried to make another copy of the original. I now can not copy any of my originals. What worked a week ago does not work now. I have not loaded any new software or hardware. I have made no changes, it just stopped working.