DVD43.sys error?

I have seen the blue screen of death in windows XP when accessing my dvd drives. I have traced it to a error related to a dvd43.sys file. Anyone know the significance of this file? I have temporarily removed from my windows/system32/drivers folder and it appears to have resolved my issuee.

Maybe a dumb suggestion, but try an antivirus scan on your system

isn’t dvd43.sys the driver module for the same named program (DVD43)? AFAIK (never used it) it’s something similar to AnyDVD, isn’t it? maybe, it’s just a little more buggy :wink:

Google is your friend. I use it all the time to identify files I’m unsure of:

Dvd43.sys file information

The process Video DVD protection removal tool or Video DVD Helper belongs to the software DVD For Free by Captain Red (www.dvdidle.com/dvd43.htm) or Fengtao Software Inc (www.dvdidle.com).

Description: File Dvd43.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 26048 bytes (66% of all occurrence), 35296 bytes. The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program has no visible window. There is no detailed description of this service. File Dvd43.sys is not a Windows system file. Therefore the technical security rating is 5% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Important: Some malware can camouflage themselves as Dvd43.sys, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the Dvd43.sys process on your pc whether it is pest. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer’s security.

this was the one i also found for this file in google, before i posted my post :wink: