DVD43 not working in Vista, is there a substitute?

helo people. hope all is well in your world.

now, as i am sure you all know dvd43 won’t work with vista. spit… pah!

so… what does? HELP!

1LOVE.

AnyDVD – not free
DVDFab HD Decrypter, the free section of DVDFab.

palefaceuk
I’ve moved your post to a separate thread.

Everything I’ve read shows that dvd43 works with Vista 32 bit. Perhaps you have the 64 bit edition of Vista?

The only program that works in the same manner as dvd43 is AnyDVD, which works fine in any version of Vista. AnyDVD is not a free program however.

If you want an up to date decryption program that is still free, and will work in Vista, look at DVDFab HD Decrypter. It is the free section within DVDFab and will continue to function even after the trial for the main part of DVDFab expires.

They are still updating it.

WHAT’S NEW in v4.4.1: (June 29, 2009)

• improved decrypting of newer DVDs with bogus files.

That’s correct, updates started again some months ago.

I keep meaning to test it’s effectiveness, out of curiosity more than anything, but never seem to get the time.

My own preference currently is for standalone ripping software and at the moment RipIt4Me and DVDFab fulfil all my needs.

I do miss being able to use the DVD Decrypter engine for all discs though and I can see the benefits of memory resident decrypting in that regard as using that in conjunction with DVD Decrypter would be a very powerful combination.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Guys, I wasn’t trying to knock DVD43…just attempting to say that DVDFab HD Decrypter is updated on a regular basis. :slight_smile:

Wombler…I’ve used AnyDVD + DVDDecrypter in the past on some hard to read disks that had scratches, or when I wanted to use the IFO mode in DVDDecrypter. Works well.

Most of the time I just use AnyDVD and DVDShrink for ripping (not compression) unless there is a specific reason not to. My dvd buying has slowed so much lately, I hardly use any on them at the moment.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2416580]Guys, I wasn’t trying to knock DVD43…just attempting to say that DVDFab HD Decrypter is updated on a regular basis. :slight_smile:

Wombler…I’ve used AnyDVD + DVDDecrypter in the past on some hard to read disks that had scratches, or when I wanted to use the IFO mode in DVDDecrypter. Works well.

Most of the time I just use AnyDVD and DVDShrink for ripping (not compression) unless there is a specific reason not to. My dvd buying has slowed so much lately, I hardly use any on them at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Oh I already knew you weren’t, sorry if I gave you the wrong impression and equally I’m not promoting DVD43 either just attempting to keep everyone right. :flower:

What you’ve mentioned there is why I always liked DVD Decrypter.

From a technical perspective it’s error correction/detection abilities were second to none but then again that’s not surprising given who wrote the program.

Out of curiosity though, how come you don’t use the AnyDVD/DVD Decrypter combo with every disc?

Is there any advantage to using Shrink in these circumstances?

[B]Wombler[/B]

Out of curiosity though, how come you don’t use the AnyDVD/DVD Decrypter combo with every disc?

Is there any advantage to using Shrink in these circumstances?

When I make backups, the vast majority of the time I do movie only backups, and since my decryption program is AnyDVD, using Shrink is an easy way to select the main movie only. I also get to see the % of compression necessary to fit the main movie onto a blank disk. If it is a trivial amount, I’ll go ahead and do the entire process with Shrink. If it requires more than 5% compression, I rip the movie without compression and then use DVDRebuilder.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2416580]Guys, I wasn’t trying to knock DVD43…just attempting to say that DVDFab HD Decrypter is updated on a regular basis. :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]
Neither was I. :flower:

Just a bit surprised that they started to support structure protection again as they posted a year or so ago that they gave up on those type of protections and reverted DVD43 back to a pure CSS decrypting tool.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2416596]When I make backups, the vast majority of the time I do movie only backups, and since my decryption program is AnyDVD, using Shrink is an easy way to select the main movie only. I also get to see the % of compression necessary to fit the main movie onto a blank disk. If it is a trivial amount, I’ll go ahead and do the entire process with Shrink. If it requires more than 5% compression, I rip the movie without compression and then use DVDRebuilder.[/QUOTE]

Ahh good point! :iagree:

I knew there had to be some reason behind it. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]