DVD2OneX

vbimport

Congratz on the release, it looks fantastic so far! One question though: it does not let me de-select certain elements like subtitles and audio tracks while in demo mode. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to register to enable that feature?

Nope, that has nothing to do with registration.

(sorry, don’t have a mac here at home, so i can’t really help you with that)

Woo hoo!!! Thank you so much! I am going to download and try this out now. If it’s every bit as cool as I think it will be you can count on my registration fee! Thank you for giving us Mac users a chance. You will not be sorry! The word is already spreading across Mac forums everywhere! :smiley:

Thanks! I just bought this thing, FRICKING AWESOME. Keep up the mac dev, it’s a good community and we will support you for sweet programs like this. I’m not normally a guy who buys programs, but I dished out 50 bucks quick for this thing, wow…amazing

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Jeff

Originally posted by lmb
Congratz on the release, it looks fantastic so far! One question though: it does not let me de-select certain elements like subtitles and audio tracks while in demo mode. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to register to enable that feature?

You actually have to SELECT the audio tracks and subtitles you want to KEEP! (This goes for demo mode as well as registered mode).

Hold the shift key down

Simply awesome. You guys didn’t take that long to develope this for Mac at all, infact that was really quick. How long did it take? Anyway, I have to say, I’m totally impressed with DTOX. I did my first one movie only mode and WOW. Amazing. After months of trying all sorts of stuff DVD2one solves it all. The quality is awesome too. I’ve told all my Mac buddies with Superdrive about this already. I hope all the Mac publications and web sites talk about this program. Great work you guys. Lets go tell everyone.

This is the best money spent after my divorce!!!
I copied a movie with all the bells and whistles (7.6 GiG) in 4,472 MB. Unbelievable!!!
My eye is not that perfect to notice the difference depite the fact that I have a 42" plasmaa display

THANK YOU EVERYONE AT DVD2ONE :bow:

how exactly is one supposed to burn the info once converted in DVD2ONE? Do you just drag and drop the file onto a blank DVD image?

Thanks.

It will create all the files that need to go into a VIDEO_TS folder

Here’s what I do:

(*Note, I am burning using Roxio’s Toast Titanium)

Create a folder with the title of your movie in all caps with spaces being “_” i.e. “STAR_WARS” for example

Inside that folder create another folder titled “VIDEO_TS”. If you actually look on a DVD in your DVD-ROM it will have two folders “VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS” The AUDIO_TS folder is redundant. It is only for audio DVD’s

When DVD2ONE asks for an output folder select the VIDEO_TS folder within the folder you created for your movie.

Now convert and let DVD2ONE do its job… afterwards open Toast and under the “other” portion of the menu select DVD

Drag your folder to Toast and burn

Voila!

Just an addition to Casey’s post.

The AUDIO_TS folder is redundent, but some players will not play a disc unless it has that empty AUDIO_TS folder. For maximum compatibility include one as it takes up zero space anyway.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. The read me was a little confusing for a novice like myself.

No problem, alot of tech heads get on these kind of forums and assume that you know everything that they do. I’ve had to learn mostly through trial and error. I was going to add that part about the AUDIO_TS folder but wasn’t positive. It never hurts to add it.

Good Luck

P.S. If a DVD is under 4.7 GB there really is no need for DVD2ONE just rip with DVDBACKUP and do the same thing

Most DVD with all bells and whistles are over 4.7 GIG. So if you like to keep an exact copy instead of only the movie then you will need DVD2one FOREVER FOREVER :bigsmile:

I tried to process a VIDEO_TS folder through DVD2one and it’s giving me an error:
“You did not selected any audio tracks, do you want to continue?”
How come the movie plays great through the apple DVD player. In fact I encoded to .AVI (since the movie did not fit in one DVD) and made a VCD and works great, SO any ideas???

RENE are you there??

P.S. the original movie was processed as follows OSEx to .AC3 and Mpeg2 and then DVD studio pro for Synch and building DVD folders

I don’t think you need to go through all that work to use DTOX. You don’t have to worry about synch or building DVD folders. Use DVDBackup. Process it to DTOX. Then burn the VIDEO_TS folder in Toast.

If I haven’t mentioned it already. Congratulations to the DVD2oneX Team. This software ROCKS!

Yes I know that now but this movie was processed by me when I was less that an amateur. so the disc folders were built by DVD studio pro. Now DVD20ne gives me an errror before starting and a second error saying that encrypted information was found. How?? i decrypted that DVD myself and the VCD work perfectly

This sounds familiar. So I understand that the DVD was mastered with DVD Studio Pro. Read all my posts in this thread;
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65935&pagenumber=1
Is this what you’re experiencing? If it is, it’s bad news…
I haven’t tried DVD2oneX yet on a self authored (DVD Studio Pro) DVD.

kagharaht wrote:

“I don’t think you need to go through all that work to use DTOX. You don’t have to worry about synch or building DVD folders. Use DVDBackup. Process it to DTOX. Then burn the VIDEO_TS folder in Toast.”

Unfortunately you do need to… I have attempted to just drag the video_ts folder to toast and burn and the discs dont work.

When you have Toast set up did you click New DVD and named it with no spaces. Then you drag the VIDEO_TS folder and if you want create a AUDIO_TS folder and drag it also there. So now in Toast you have the DVD with the file name and in it the two folders. Thats how I do it.