DVD2OneX Output Too Big to Fit on DVD-R

Hi all,
Just encountered a strange problem with DVD2OneX and the DVD ‘Natural Born Killers: Special Edition’. I ripped it to HD with DVD Backup 1.3 with no problems. I checked the ripped VIDEO_TS folder with Apple DVD Player, and it plays fine. I then proceeded to run DVD2OneX on the backed up VIDEO_TS folder, and it completed with no problems. I checked the output VIDEO_TS folder in DVD Player, and it plays perfectly. The problem arose when I went to burn the folder in Toast, and it wouldn’t fit on a DVD-R. It turns out the VIDEO_TS folder is 4.41 GB, larger than the 4.37 GB that will fit on a DVD-R. I am about to try again, using OSEx to rip it, and will see if it makes a difference. I tried searching for a similar problem in this forum, but was unable to find one. Does anyone have any ideas, or is this movie just one of those problem ones? Any input would be appreciated.

This happens sometimes with dvd20ne.

Apparently Dvd20ne guestimates the final output size and can sometimes be a littl out.

No need to re-rip it, just process the files again through Dvd20ne, but set the output size down to 4444mb. This leaves a little margin for the above and is recommended by ReneB.

I use this setting all the time and never have a problem.

Excellent! Now I feel stupid for not thinking of that. Thanks for the help. DVD2OneX ROCKS! Best $55 I ever spent.

No probs m8

We are all learning still.

I have a similiar, but much bigger, problem. The original disk is around 6.8GB and the compressed version comes to 4.9GB (that was with the setting at 4444MB). I changed the setting to 4000MB, but the size is still 4.9GB – no change at all that I can see. Why would this be?

Are you doing a full disc or a movie only ?

(some menu’s are so incredible weird mastered, that the current engine of DVD2one chokes on it complety :frowning: )

Originally posted by icruise
I have a similiar, but much bigger, problem. The original disk is around 6.8GB and the compressed version comes to 4.9GB (that was with the setting at 4444MB). I changed the setting to 4000MB, but the size is still 4.9GB – no change at all that I can see. Why would this be?

Try running The files (4.9gb) through Dvd20ne again, this often works.

The weird thing is that this is one disc in a series, and others in the series that seem to be identical in size and content worked fine…

If you run the processed files through DVD2One again, do you get a significant drop in quality?

No …
you’ll get the difference in quality between 4.9gb and 4.38gb, which is what it would have been in the first place, if Dvd2one had processed it first time round.

Just try it and view it, before you burn it.

It’s probably caused by weird/unusual authoring/menus.