Dvd2One v1.2.0+Ifoedit DVD9 Keeping all Extra's/Menus GUIDE

vbimport

Removed, the guide wasn’t working,i’ll delete bfore you make any toaster

extreme

if you resize the main movie to only 1993 mb how will the quality be then ???

i have a hard time to believe that you wnt notice the diff??

trying this one atm with ice age dcd

In step number 2 when you choose the title I see a total of about 60 minutes of video (the Titles that aren’t checked) that isn’t being copied. These are generally video for extras, etc. – I don’t see how you are getting them back into the DVD with this method?

I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade and I certainly don’t want to cause more friction on this forum – but doing a DVD this way is fraught with peril. There are parts you are leaving behind. There are multiple PGCs that NEVER get copied.

Rebuilding an authored DVD isn’t as simple as copying the VOBs from DVD2one’s output. If that were true, Erwin would have had this capability in Version 1.00

I 'm curious as to what kind of quality you’re getting with 1993mb??? I just did Braveheart at 3100mb and it was pixellating like crazy.

I just re-did it with DVD2one at 3650mb and it looks good. I had to transcode one of the large VOBs that was for the “movie trailer” with DVD2one to accomplish this.

So, what’s your secret for good quality at 1993mb?

Mike

Everything is there exept the unchecked audio/sub streams you see unchecked in dvd2one!
So all extra’s are on disc=>Special features/Trailers and working:bow: so as the backup
Quality is again Almost excellent!(there must be dummies in movies:confused: ) cuse you can trust me on this
Need Captures of movie?

so Jdobbs got a point on missing things not having it all
But listen i dont need foreign languages as “Commentar audiotrack” i always keep English/Dutch and most of times both English audiotracks Ac3 6ch/2 ch
think i forgat it this time
anyways i have a backup whit Menu’s and the Extra’s like trailers etc…

backup is pretty perfect,guide posted is working
Do whatever you want whit it
its pretty fast and ya keep the most important things isn it?!:wink:

extreme:confused: :bigsmile:

Couldn’t you run DVD2ONE again, (and again) to compress the other 2 titles on the origional rip. This would give you compressed VOB files to replace these shorter titles. If you did these titles first, replacing them in the original rip, you could then use the reduced size of the extras, giving your more space for the main title. Just a thought.

Oldspook:eek:

The other “titles” are in the same VTS. You have to do them all together. I’ll give you an example. Suppose you were doing a disc that holds multiple episodes of a TV series. There is a single VTS that holds 4 episodes (as PGCs) that can be reached individually by the menus. If you use the method above you would have to choose only one of the 4 titles for your backup… the others would be lost.

The method outlined here corrects for that. It is a bit more complicated, but it will work for (almost) any DVD.

hello i just made a movie but te result is macro blocs shrinking a movie to 1900 mb is making a vcd from a dvd(vcd has a better picture than this result) so don’t waste time on this:confused:

jd,

If you get the chance…

In the heat of battle, I think my query regarding the one odd extra got lost…

While working with ifoupdate, you had me add “Ignore Angles” to “Autocorrect VTS Sectors” and “Autoanalyze Original” to get around original/authored cell count discrepancies. This worked for 6 of the 7 extras. On the one oddball extra, I got “Error: The new IFO has more cells than the original.” Here’s the output from the graphical dispaly of the VOB structures. (I can include the PGC/VOB referencing if you need that.)

Original:

VOB_ID 1 CELL_ID 2

VOB_ID 2 CELL_ID 2

VOB_ID 3 CELL_ID 2

VOB_ID 4 CELL_ID 1

VOB_ID 5 CELL_ID 1

VOB_ID 6 CELL_ID 1

PGC_1
Cell_1
Cell_2

PGC_2
Cell_1
Cell_2

PGC_3
Cell_1
Cell_2

Authored:

VOB_ID 1 CELL_ID 1

VOB_ID 1 CELL_ID 2

VOB_ID 2 CELL_ID 1

VOB_ID 2 CELL_ID 2

VOB_ID 3 CELL_ID 1

VOB_ID 3 CELL_ID 2

VOB_ID 4 CELL_ID 1

VOB_ID 5 CELL_ID 1

VOB_ID 6 CELL_ID 1

PGC_1
Cell_1
Cell_2
Cell_3
Cell_4
Cell_5
Cell_6
Cell_7
Cell_8
Cell_9

Thanks for all the help!

Originally posted by jdobbs
[B]The other “titles” are in the same VTS. You have to do them all together. I’ll give you an example. Suppose you were doing a disc that holds multiple episodes of a TV series. There is a single VTS that holds 4 episodes (as PGCs) that can be reached individually by the menus. If you use the method above you would have to choose only one of the 4 titles for your backup… the others would be lost.

The method outlined here corrects for that. It is a bit more complicated, but it will work for (almost) any DVD. [/B]

Thxs m8,think ill gonna follow that
The guide i posted was a quiky! so bair whit me since i only want to help others out

to the rest,keep ur comments on ur side cuse telling me about macro blocks etc… is not the case here,the backup is almost perfect!

maibe deleting this GUIDE is the best thing
Mod pls delete the topic
Cheers!:stuck_out_tongue:

@Xtreme2003

I’d planned to eventually write some software that automates the entire process. I’m just not sure how long it will be before DVD2one has that capability. I hate to waste the time to write something that might be OBE in a couple weeks (like happened with MakeItEasy).

I like the way you’ve put the guide together. Maybe we could somehow merge the two (yours is a lot prettier).

Hey ReneB… is it going to be long enough to warrant the effort?

Originally posted by jdobbs
[B]The other “titles” are in the same VTS. You have to do them all together. I’ll give you an example. Suppose you were doing a disc that holds multiple episodes of a TV series. There is a single VTS that holds 4 episodes (as PGCs) that can be reached individually by the menus. If you use the method above you would have to choose only one of the 4 titles for your backup… the others would be lost.

The method outlined here corrects for that. It is a bit more complicated, but it will work for (almost) any DVD. [/B]

Ahhh yess… the link to the war of the roses. You did do a good job on that jdobbs inspite of what the Incredible Hunk had to say … green with envy… :bigsmile: I’m having a lot of fun with this DVD copy thing. Kind of a great hobby, like building micro hydraulic caridopulminary systems… not too complicted…LOL

Vern

@vljenewein

Michigan – kinda cold about now I would think?