Dvd2one update split to 2 dvds

Hi,
does anybody know when the version for splitting to 2 dvds is coming ??
thanks
best regards,
steffen

That could actually take a while, we are now concentrating on the new engine.

If you want to split to 2 DVD’s without recompressing you can take a look at a programm like ifo-edit. That allready has a feature to split a DVD-9 into 2 DVD-5’s.

I just wanted the developers to know that I would also like to have a ‘split’ option. It would be very nice to have both options (compress to 1 disc, split to 2 discs) in one programm – especially considering that there is NO SUCH THING as ifo edit for the Mac…

For me personally a ‘split’ option would be a VERY good reason to upgrade to a later 2.x version of DVD2oneX!

2.x version?? When are we going to release that one :wink:

Indeed the mac seem to lack good DVD editing software at this moment. Maybe the DVD scene on the mac needs a boost in the right direction.

(if only mac’s where more affordable, atleast here in the netherlands they aren’t really cheap compared to windows machine’s)

Originally posted by ReneB
[B]2.x version?? When are we going to release that one :wink:

Indeed the mac seem to lack good DVD editing software at this moment. Maybe the DVD scene on the mac needs a boost in the right direction.

(if only mac’s where more affordable, atleast here in the netherlands they aren’t really cheap compared to windows machine’s) [/B]

I just assumed that a ‘split’ option would be too great to expect it being put into a 1.x version…

The DVD scene on the Mac needs a boost allright. Well, I was VERY impressed by the boost you guys gave it by porting DVD2one in such a brilliant way (and faster than expected, I may add)!

The retail price of Macs is indeed higher, but they are (in general) used much longer and you will also get a better price if you sell them again. Also the Powerbooks just came down in price, in Europe even more so than in the US due to adjustments made necessary by the strong Euro. Laptops are where Apple really rocks at the moment, thin, light, great design, great build quality, pretty long battery life (Centrino is just catching up to what the Mac laptops had for a long time), Airport Extreme (802.11g wireless technology), I could go on forever… really, take a look, they’re awesome!

I just wanted to add my support for splitting support in the Mac version, as no tools for the Mac do this well. Discomvobulator does this to a certain extent, but can only keep a single track, subtitles turn out funky sometimes, and menus and extras are lost. Maybe a completely separate app would be appropriate, and would sell a lot of licenses. For now, I mostly have to extract the tracks I want, design a menu in photoshop, and master a new set of DVDs in DVD Studio Pro, which works nicely, but is quite time-consuming.

Originally posted by WiseWeasel
For now, I mostly have to extract the tracks I want, design a menu in photoshop, and master a new set of DVDs in DVD Studio Pro, which works nicely, but is quite time-consuming.

…plus you have no subs!

(Well, there is a way to get them, too, but that consumes quite some time as well…)

Please add my voice to the rising chorus of customers requesting this feature. Many TV shows pack as many episodes as humanly possible onto the discs with no extras to speak of (very little room saved by eliminating them). This means there is quite noticeable pixelation, which can be a real nuiscance. Media, on the other hand, is cheap, and I have no problem buying more discs if it means original quality.

So please consider this my advance order for a splitting feature or application.

Let me now say that only in the most demanding cases (sci-fi material, Lord of the Rings, etc) is the compressed output noticeable. For stuff that’s less graphically intense, compressed is fine. I’ve also noticed (on TiVo as well as DVD2OneX), that fire and mist are never handled well by compression.

Me to would like an splitting option, and I run OS X. There would also be nice to see the grade of compression needed to fit a disc.

I use my new Powerbook 12" and I love it. OK it’s spendy but compared to PC’s there is not much difference in price. Have in mind this little machines built in DVD burner, small format, Firewire Extreme and so on…

Thanks

ReneB, I always wanted dvd2one to make me some toast in the morning when i get up , do you think that you could program it to do that please … lets say around 8:00 A.M. please

thanx.:stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by dragula96
[B]ReneB, I always wanted dvd2one to make me some toast in the morning when i get up , do you think that you could program it to do that please … lets say around 8:00 A.M. please

thanx.:stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

Do you really think the request for a split option is so outrageous - considering that the devs themselves state that they have plans for this (on their homepage). You know, even sarcasm is supposed to make some kind of sense.

When a split function is added, it will be most likely only for movie-only mode.

Erwin

i could live with that

:bigsmile:

Absolutely ok with me, too.

OK with me too!