DVD2One there is no "substitute"

I have just completed my 50th movie now using DVD2One…
Not once did i ever have a problem
I am still amazed on just how easy it is.
I have tried virtually every single program out there, and none can hold a candle next to DVD2One… I just can’t wait to see what the next version brings… I do not think that they can actually make this program any better…! and as for the FREE program DVDShrink…remember you get what you pay for…! And DVDShrink is 10 steps behind DVD2One in Quallity and DVD95COPY is 5…

Totally agree with you(for the moment ;))…I don’t care about menus or other options,just the plain movie,so,for me Dvd2One rox!!
Dvd95copy has to much probs at the moment,I wonder if this has to do with the heavy protection scheme that the developer uses…
Dvdshrink doesn’t work with all movies,seems that it’s own ripping engine needs some improvement…for now,I stay with dvdcopyone…:bow:

Without a doubt DVD2One is the king of the “movie only” DVD -> DVD-R tools. About 90% of the time I use it this way and I’ve never been disappointed. They did a great job on the compressor engine.
Unfortunately about 10% of the time I need to include some or all of the extras and this is where I sometimes have frustration with the program. It really needs to be more DVDShrink-like. I have no doubt that the authors of DVD2One will probably provide us with similar features in future versions. They seem to know how to code very well and what people want. And what I really want is the ability to individually compress different video streams (less compression for the main movie and more for the extras) and the ability to crop (or eliminate) certain video segments. The ability to remove audio streams in 1.12 is going in the right direction. I really don’t see the need for a subpicture removal feature since the gain is so little but I’m sure that others will probably ask for it. And finally the ability to preview the video from within the program is of huge help.
Eventually I’m sure we’ll get all this. Until then I was hoping to pre-process with DVDShrink to about a 6Gb size (from an average 8Gb DVD) and then take it down to legal size with DVD2One. That would have provided me with the best of both world, individualized stream compression followed by the great overall compression that DVD2One does. But alas, it won’t work. For whatever reason DVD2One will not accept the files made by DVDShrink. It gives a “found encryption” error. DVDDeCrypter and SmartRipper both say that there is no encryption in them but DVD2One claims there is. So, I’m now stuck until someone admits that there is a bug somewhere and fixes it.

Also agree. DVD2one seems to have a pretty loyal following right now. If they can stay one step ahead of the competition they can corner the market.

I still think there should be two offerings of DVD2one: a basic package and a pro package. I prefer the simplicity of a basic package but I know some want all the extras. I just would hate for DVD2one to become a bloated program with menu after menu of subtle changes to be performed. Therefore, if that is the course it is headed for I hope a basic package will be always be available.

Originally posted by The Jackyll
I have tried virtually every single program out there, and none can hold a candle next to DVD2One…

Every single program?..That’s a tall boast to backup. Even the author of DVD2One would respect the quality of CCE. Have you tried it? Though CCE shouldn’t be placed in the same category, you stating “every single program” puts all the cards on the table.

CCE and TPMGEnc are Encoders DVD2One is a transcoder…and who wants to spend all day Encoding a movie when the whole proccess can be done in 50 Minns from rip to burn using DVD2One with virtually no noticeable difference. And if that is the route you choose try Super DVD Ripper for fitting a movie on 750MB CD…
Programs that i have used are listed below
Cinemacraft Encoder SP
Alcohol120 v1.4.3.410
CopyToDVD 2.0.0.89
DVD95Copy V 1.4
DVDXCopy 1.5.2
DVD Squeeze 3.0
DVDShrink Version103
Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD Suite v7.0
Pinnacle Studio v8.1 Deluxe
SuperDVDRipper Version 1.90
TMPGEnc Plus 2.510
DVD CopyOne Platinum 6
DVD Cloner v1.90
DVDCopy Pro 4.2
DVD Squeeze 3.0
DVD-TO-SVCD v1.1
SonicFoundry DVD Fusion v3.01
Those are all the programs i have tried and wasted money on…!
:a And i will repeat it one last time
<{=- DVD2One there is no Substitute -=}>
The cards on the table face up…! And if you want to be an idiot like me then waste your money to find out as well…!

I’m sorry to have ruffled your feathers but I was just stating facts and commenting on your “I have tried virtually every single program out there, and none can hold a candle next to DVD2One”.

It is common knowledge that if you work on movies that are, say, more that 7GBs, you will see some artifacts using any version of DVD2One. This goes for the other programs too but everybody has their own opinions and standards of what is perfect, near-DVD quality, average, and poor. Your eyes and my eyes, your TV and my TV, your player and my player, is not the same. You quoted…

the whole proccess can be done in 50 Minns from rip to burn using DVD2One with virtually no noticeable difference.

“no noticable difference”? What movies are you basing this on? I like to express my opinion that you WILL encounter “differences” or artifacts on bigger and longer movies but my opinion is also a common fact. Can you honestly say then by doing a 7+GB movie using current DVD2One that you won’t see any difference? I don’t know anyone in any forum who can boast that and prove it all the time. 50 movies in a row…I’m impressed!

I see your big list of disapointments that you used and also CCE being in it too. The only subject I was talking about in my last post is video quality. I’ll agree with you on speed and some functionalities but that’s about it. At the end, I’m glad that you find DVD2One to have perfect video quality all the time but I don’t. I like to end this post with a quote from ReneB concerning DVD2One and CCE on video quality. But again, since you have CCE on your bad list, both are really in two different worlds. Here’s his quote…http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=405675#post405675

BTW, I’m not preaching here for everyone to use CCE. Even I don’t use CCE as much. It’s a matter of personal preference. Certain DVDs call for certain programs for me. But through my eyes with any program, I can honestly tell if it’s great or not. EVery program has it’s unique feature about it. At this moment, there is no ultimate backup software that can outshine everything in every field and without bugs.

Yes CCE is the best Encoder out there…but i was not talking about encoders, also if you read what i said who has ALL DAY to do a movie? And yes i can notice a slight difference between a 5 and and 9…however out of all of them programs DVD2One is the best for doing it…!
And for Quality of the movie when it is done no there is no big major difference that would ever warrant me to go back to a 15Hour Proccess over a 50 Minute Proccess…and yes it is so true as they say “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder” or maybe even a better Quote… Opinions are like assholes…everyone has one…!

It is common knowledge that if you work on movies that are, say, more that 7GBs, you will see some artifacts using any version of DVD2One. This goes for the other programs too but everybody has their own opinions and standards of what is perfect, near-DVD quality, average, and poor. Your eyes and my eyes, your TV and my TV, your player and my player, is not the same.

Well said 2COOL… If only…

Well, I’ll leave Voltaire to worry the ‘best of all possible worlds’ functionality of any dvd-proggy. I personally have no issue with one fine, small app for movie-only, and another for whole-disk and/or episodics.
I think it may have been a mistaken path for D2O to imitate 95 features, and 95 to shift to movie-only. Of more interest to me was the improvement in transcoding evenly across disk D2O implemented recently by correcting it’s size-calculation.
I want D2O to focus on movie-only quality. Many claim some others (95) render ever-so-slightly better quality–which I just can’t discern–but I really like the ease and speed and ‘feel’ of D2O, and it seems to like me!
Other features have their place, but movie-only is why most were drawn to D2O ITFP, and I would much prefer that developer(s) tweak quality/output rather than spend so much time chasing everyone else’s features.
For 7 gb+ movies, a feature/option to cut most of the credits would be nice. Also nice would be ridding us the necessity of two useless clicks entering the program every time (make the first and second screen-options ‘sticky’–PLEASE…). Also, something to identify those rare movies that need English subs included would be helpful, so we could pass on including such with larger movies as well (not sure this is even possible).
But definitely focus on movie-only speed/quality for movie-only.