DVD2one RULES!

I have just backed up Wayne’s World, and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure onto my double sided Primedisc DVD-R…This is awesome! I can’t tell ANY difference from the original quality. Now I can put 2 of my movies onto 1 disc, and since I have a 300 disc DVD jukebox that can flip discs, I’ll be able to squeeze 600 titles into my jukebox…and the best part is…quality loss is almost invisible! Man oh man I can’t wait for the next version…I don’t care about copying the entire disc, I just want the main movie, so I’ll be looking forward to even better picture quality, though I seriously doubt it can possibly get any better than this…Thanks Rene…DVD2one is a DVD librarian’s dream come true!

CG

I concur with this.

Yeah … let’s have a thread saying good things about Dvd20ne.

There are far too many whingers and whiners.

It’s easy to focus on the negative and forget all the great stuff that this little program can do (110K).

A few months ago, before Dvd20ne was launched, any kind of copy above 4.36gb, would have required hours of processing and a lot of expertise.

So a BIG thumbs up from me too and long may Erwin & ReneB reign :bow:

Well, what I notice is that if the movie you want to backup is about 100 mins or less, then you really can’t notice any difference from the original source, after converting through DVD2one. Only when your movie is close to 2 hrs or more have I noticed any artifacts. The most annoying arifact is the picture shifting, and blockiness…I wonder if this issue will be addressed in future versions of DVD2one. I have never used one of the other programs that take many hours to re-encode the movie. If anyone here has used something like tmpeg, or another program to re-encode a movie and fit it to a DVD-R, can you please tell me if the quality is noticeably better than a 90 min movie done with DVD20ne…I’m sure it must be a little better than 2hr movies done by DVD2one, but I’m not sure it’s worth the long wait, or complicated separate procedures. Any thoughts?

CG

Originally posted by Phil Thomas
[B]Yeah … let’s have a thread saying good things about Dvd20ne.

There are far too many whingers and whiners.

So a BIG thumbs up from me too and long may Erwin & ReneB reign :bow: [/B]

I second that.

actually, you can link together 2 of the sony 300+1 disc changers and get 600 discs.

with double sided discs, that’s 1200 movies!!!

I am just floored at how great this program works… and how quickly it works…
I had purchase several programs … and the test program always worked… but it using it with a variety of movies always ran into some trouble or another… I hestiated to buy another… but have not run into one problem yet with this one…:bow: :bow: :bow:

I’ve used DVD2ONe from the first version,and simply refuse to use
ANYTHING else (INCLUDING UPGRADES) since there is nothing I enjoy like movies,all I want is movies,no menus,and making of craps which Hollywood puts on DVD’s to justify their costs. I took an informal survey recently to see how many people watch all the
extraneous crap on their discs. A very low percentage from the people I spoke to. So DVD2One is best,and there is none better!!! Hats off to Erwin… :bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by Carlos Garcia
[B]I have just backed up Wayne’s World, and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure onto my double sided Primedisc DVD-R…This is awesome! I can’t tell ANY difference from the original quality. Now I can put 2 of my movies onto 1 disc, and since I have a 300 disc DVD jukebox that can flip discs, I’ll be able to squeeze 600 titles into my jukebox…and the best part is…quality loss is almost invisible! Man oh man I can’t wait for the next version…I don’t care about copying the entire disc, I just want the main movie, so I’ll be looking forward to even better picture quality, though I seriously doubt it can possibly get any better than this…Thanks Rene…DVD2one is a DVD librarian’s dream come true!

CG [/B]

i agree,dvd2one is agreat tool

do you own the sony 300+1 disc changer? if so,does it ever have problems loading? mine does. thinking about sending it in for repair.

Originally posted by jwo62
[B]

i agree,dvd2one is agreat tool

do you own the sony 300+1 disc changer? if so,does it ever have problems loading? mine does. thinking about sending it in for repair. [/B]

Yes that’s the one I own…the DVP-CX875P. I just bought my 2nd one, it works great for me…The only problem I have is that it will always load the last disc you played, but I’ve read all their units do that…minor flaw, but I love the player, no physical problems so far…I’ve had it for about a yr now.

CG

when my sony 300 changer doesn’t load a disc, i get up and tap the front glass and that will push the disc into the player section.

very, very rarely does this happen.

Originally posted by chumboy61
[B]when my sony 300 changer doesn’t load a disc, i get up and tap the front glass and that will push the disc into the player section.

very, very rarely does this happen. [/B]

yes i get that too,but i have actually had discs get stuck,as though it didnt line up with the slot exactly. i also have the sony 200 disc changer,which i have dedicated to my kids movies,it seems a more solid and reliable unit. but i do love the flip function of the 300+1. my goal is the same as Carlos Garcia,to backup all my movies to 2 sided dvd-r,I have to,its full.