DVD2One New Forum isn't Working Is it?

I must say that the original forum, located here was a lively and busy community and lots of information & knowledge existed, amongst all it’s members.

By contrast, the Erwin & ReneB version seems to be a total flop, with hardly any posts each day. I for one, think this is a gr8 shame and no doubt speak for many others, who frequented here.

I know Erwin & ReneB said they had their reasons, but frankly … if they had been trying to destroy their customer following, they couldn’t have done a better job.

I can hear them saying … “yes but we wanted a registered customer forum only” … but all they have succeeded in doing … is to destroying a very good community.

I am an official owner of Dvd2One, but I like to hear both sides of the fence … i.e. those who like the program and others. This gives a TRUE dimension and if folk want to mention competing products/comparisons, that’s fine.

I still own and use Dvd2One and it is my product of choice and I find it really hard to understand why Erwin & ReneB were so afraid of the competition … they certainly haven’t helped themselves or us.

Just my two-penneth … and I hope this forum kicks off again.

DVD95Copy went the same way and has almost died.

They both have made it hard for new customers to ask about the Demo etc before purchasing. But they made the decisions themselves and are fully responsible for their actions and the outcome that follows.

I agree with the posts above.I,too,am an official DVD2ONe owner,and couldn’t for the life of me understand why the powers that be moved the forum to their site,and
then back here. The software had developed such a great following here,what did they have to gain by moving it. And after some of the rudeness i encountered after asking a question,I simply refused to post there again. The air is so much better here…To the powers
of DVD2One,just like your excellent product,stick with what works!!!

I don’t think the forum moved to their site and then back. What happened was that a new forum was opened on the DVD2One site. The administrators of this forum then took offence and closed this one. They have since re-opened it for the reasons they have mentioned.

Basically, Rene & Co thought some of you were rude to them and, to add insult to injury, hadn’t even bought their software. This site’s admin thought that Rene & Co were rude to them and booted them into touch.

It’s a rude old world, isn’t it?:wink:

-Pete

:bigsmile: … < visions of over-sensitive programmer living in his Windmill>… :bigsmile:

Seriously though, I think even Microsoft acknowledged that it was the pirated versions of Windows, that made it a Househoold name and the success it is today.
The more copies that flood the market, the more people talk about it and word gets round if something is good and, believe it or not … most people do buy the software.

Most software companies realise by now that the hackers & crackers will always be able to beat their protection. It’s like most things, the only way to toal security is to lock everything up, away from everybody. The only problem with that is … nobody gets to see what it is ! … and that’s just what Erwin & ReneB did … (bad mistake).

Anyway, I wish them well and this forum … everyone makes mistakes and hopefully learns from them :wink:

How on earth (or why) do the administrators of this forum allow such drivel, defamatory remarks and nonsensical statements to remain in this thread?

Am I wrong to assume that help and advice for DVD2One users is no longer the point of this forum?

Several years ago CDFreaks would have deleted this type of thread as non-constructive, so why is it still here?

menher

menher:

Who has offended you. To which ‘defamatory’ remarks do you refer? What would you feel is the point of this forum?

You really must be specific before you are pejorative.

-Pete

@ menher

Well my friend, it would seem that the Administrators of this forum, trust the judgement of their Moderators and, as two of them have taken the time to contribute to this thread, it appears that the topic, was of some interest to them, even if not to you.

The whole point of any forum, is freedom of speech and I am puzzled why you seem to have a problem with this.
Of course the forum is to provide help and advice for DVD2One users, but it is also a place for views and opinions, even if they do not agree with your own.

From your tone, it is clear that you are in disagreement with the sentiments expressed by those here … maybe you’re a member of the Erwin/ReneB forum and are offended, but … I doubt we will ever know.
One thing’s for sure though, the degree of disrespect and rudeness you have demonstrated to all who have posted here, is probably indicative of the type of rudeness that Erwin & ReneB complained of, in the first place.

The only non constructive drivel and nonsensical statements in this thread are yours my friend.
I don’t normally feed the animals, but on this occasion, I couldn’t resist :smiley:

How on earth (or why) do the administrators of this forum allow such drivel, defamatory remarks and nonsensical statements to remain in this thread?

Drivel: “Microsoft acknowledged that it was the pirated versions of Windows, that made it a Household name and the success it is today”.

Defamatory: “visions of over-sensitive programmer living in his Windmill”.

Nonsensical: It’s like most things, the only way to total security is to lock everything up, away from everybody. The only problem with that is … nobody gets to see what it is ! … and that’s just what Erwin & ReneB did … (bad mistake).

And yes, I am a member of the official DVD2One forum. I am also a member of many other Open Forums - Also affiliated to several Members Only forums, one of which I joined in 1984. I also run my own BBS at treblewhiskey.com (strictly for members only) and I do have a very long waiting list.

Quote: A derogative statement is correct in the context to which it applies when the evidence is before you.

menher

“Microsoft acknowledged that it was the pirated versions of Windows, that made it a Househoold name and the success it is today.
The more copies that flood the market, the more people talk about it and word gets round if something is good”

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/7346.html

This item explains the point … It’s all about retaining market share, familiarity with a product etc. and the lack of users switching to Linux.

" :bigsmile:… < visions of over-sensitive programmer living in his Windmill>… :bigsmile: "

This was a joke, you plonker … and was in no way intended to be defamatory, as well you know, that’s why I added the smileys and why you took them off, when you quoted my post.

Definition of defame :
to damage the reputation of a person or group by saying or writing bad things about them which are not true:

I hardly think my humour would do that, but it was obviously “over your head”

I’m not sure how your potted history of your on-line activities, for the past 19 years is of any relevance, but if it is accurate, it’s a pity you didn’t learn some etiquette and manners along the way.

Oh … and btw, whilst we are point scoring, the word used by Peter was pejorative … nothing like derogative :slight_smile:

Definition of pejorative :
disapproving or suggesting that something is not good or is of no importance.

Do try to keep up :wink:

Anyway enough said … I wo’nt be posting further to this thread.
If the mods want to close it, that’s fine by me, but that decision is theirs my friend and not yours, however important you may feel in your other forums :cop:

Quote : “It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice”

Originally posted by Phil Thomas
[BWell my friend, it would seem that the Administrators of this forum, trust the judgement of their Moderators and, as two of them have taken the time to contribute to this thread, it appears that the topic, was of some interest to them, even if not to you.

The whole point of any forum, is freedom of speech and I am puzzled why you seem to have a problem with this.
Of course the forum is to provide help and advice for DVD2One users, but it is also a place for views and opinions, even if they do not agree with your own.[/B]

Just so! :slight_smile:

I think everyone has had their say on the matter and a chance to reply.

I thank all for not getting into a flaming match.

Time to move on as this thread is heading no where now.

Thread closed.