DVD2one is falling way behind

vbimport

So I see that what ever you don’t like to read you just delete. or maybe is it becuase I mentioned other software in here. Well here is a new post for everyone to read.

DVD2one is falling behind out of all the other trancoders out there. Since it’s release it only implemented 2 features out of dozens requested. They are “Full Disk” and “Constant” engine.

The DVD2one is lazy and and doesn’t “feel” the need to add any simple requests as opening the prog in the middle of the screen.

While some other authors have tripled their features for their products DVD2one still hasn’t done jack sh*t.

Some other progs have new features that will surpass DVD2one quality that I can’t mention or they’ll delete my post again.

The only thing DVD2one can do is delete topics that tell the truth. Their product stinks. And what sickin’ me the most is we have to sit and pay for this while there other prog that have twice the features with better improved picture quality that are free.

Dont stress m8

It’s a free world… you are entitled to your opinion and so is everone else.

Most folk in this forum use Dvd2one, because they are happy with it and prefer it.

Bearing in mind this forum is specific for Dvd2one, you are obviously not going to be very popular, if all you do is come here and bad mouth the program. It’s not rocket science is it ? :wink:

If you prefer the freeware product(s) fine … use them, that’s your choice, but go to their forum and praise them there … this is not the place .

While I don’t particularly like feeding the trolls … there’s a couple of things I’d like to say …

<< The DVD2one is lazy and and doesn’t “feel” the need to add any simple requests as opening the prog in the middle of the screen. >>

Personally, I don’t “feel” that this is a necessary feature. Does it “Really” matter that it doesn’t open up in the middle of the screen? … really?? Is that going to make it work any better???

<< While some other authors have tripled their features for their products DVD2one still hasn’t done jack sh*t. >>

Whichever way you look at it … DVD2one is still the fastest compressor out there. It doesn’t need to implement dozens of new features to stay ahead of the pack.

As long as it keeps doing what it does best: compressing with SUPERB results in a ridiculously minimal time … I’ll keep saying it’s #1!

<< Some other progs have new features that will surpass DVD2one quality that I can’t mention or they’ll delete my post again. >>

… and I’m pretty sure that these programs don’t/can’t match DVD2ones’ speed/quality ratio.

<< The only thing DVD2one can do is delete topics that tell the truth. Their product stinks. And what sickin’ me the most is we have to sit and pay for this while there other prog that have twice the features with better improved picture quality that are free. >>

Completely subjective! Each to his own … if you don’t want to use the product anymore, exercise your democratic right and use something else.

I 'spose you could even start an “Anti-DVD2one” forum … your comments would be put to better use there.

Yeah, don’t feel bad… LOL

I just wanted some pointers on how I can get a better burn and I totally got flamed on by some member here… :stuck_out_tongue:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73658

ge0rgieee (and I suppose you are NDC as well),

The general rule is, “Don’t feed the trolls” but I just want to say one thing.

Use whatever program you want, nobody cares what you use. If you don’t like DVD2One, don’t use it. Nobody is forcing you to do so.
DVD2One is a shareware program. You had a trial period to test it out. If you thought it was worth the price at that time then you bought it. If not, you shouldn’t have laid out your money for it. There was/is no guarantee with DVD2One (or any other program for that matter) that even one line of code would be changed in the future and released. If you bought on speculation that it might evenually become a different program then you are a fool. You buy what you can see.

ATI ships Hydrovision software with most of their video cards Hydrovision allows you to place windows where you want them, so when you start the programs up they will magically be placed where you want them automatically. This can be even more usefull in a duel display situation. Well just my 2 cents, Damn these dvd2one authors, it really pisses me off that they haven’t invited me to the pub they hang out at.

peace all, love the proggy,

A round of beers for everyone of legal age.

Koolaid for the minors and some sour milk for ge0rgieee

Personally, I don’t “feel” that this is a necessary feature. Does it “Really” matter that it doesn’t open up in the middle of the screen? … really?? Is that going to make it work any better???

Its the simple things that make customers happy. I didnt say that if the dont put in this feature the prog is not worth. It is. And just for the record I am not bashing DVD2one. I like it but they need to keep up with others and improve the product. This is not an important feature but I’m just stating whatever I read on these forums.

Whichever way you look at it … DVD2one is still the fastest compressor out there. It doesn’t need to implement dozens of new features to stay ahead of the pack.

You’re right it is the fastest. But another prog that was just released has a new feature which takes in a better anaysis of the video (take a little longer) but produces a better picture. Would you sacrifce an additional 20-25 min for worse quality just because it’s faster? And I don’t mean those other encoders like CCE. For EXAMPLE, DVD Shrink implemented another feature which takes a bit longer but produces better quality. This is optional by the way.

Bearing in mind this forum is specific for Dvd2one, you are obviously not going to be very popular, if all you do is come here and bad mouth the program.

I know this forum is only for DVD2one and thats why I posted it in here. I want to see this prog improve and become the best. Right now I see it starting to shink with it’s lack of features.

ge0rgieee (and I suppose you are NDC as well)

No that is not me. I love this product and I come here all the time checking for any updates and what so. I saw read some comments. I support this product but I hate to see it fall off. With DVD Shrinks new feature I can already see a bunch of people switching to that. If only DVD2one had the same or similar features this will be the best and that’s what I’m trying to accomplish to show the authors that people would love to see this prog improve. I know most of you would like more features but won’t say it like I did. Admit it.

Quote … “Their product stinks. And what sickin’ me the most is we have to sit and pay for this while there other prog that have twice the features with better improved picture quality that are free”… Unquote.

That doesn’t sound to me as though you love the program !

ge0rgieee (and I suppose you are NDC as well)

Gripweed: geta grip on yourself, man. Now you’re imagining things too? get a grip on yourself and not on the weed and stop trippin! :stuck_out_tongue: If your so suspicious, have the mods or admin check the IP number this post was posted under.

If I didn’t like DVD2One, why in the heck would I even be here registered to this forum and wasting my time? I’m not here to put anything or anyone down. All I wanted was some good advice because I’m new at this DVD backup thing.

ge0rgieee & NDC Do make valid pts…maybe a little too strong. I was one of those that bought DVD2one cause of the features that were promised. for example being able to combine flippers.

DVDShrink currently does this and more.

DVDShrink (free)
Rips and removes RCE protection
You can do movie only and full DVD
You Can Combine diff DVD titles.
You can Remove end Credits.
You Can Remove Audio Tracks
You Can remove Subtitles

DVD2one (shareware)
You can do movie only and full DVD
You Can Remove Audio Tracks

ge0rgieee & NDC Do make valid pts…maybe a little too strong.

Where do you get that idea? Have you read the thread that he posted his remark?

Just in case you missed it, here

Ok my own personal reason for using DVD2One is… it’s the only option for mac users that does not take over 12 hours. So for me it was/is well worth the money. I could care less if they implement some of the stuff you guys have mentioned. I’m still elated that it works in 13 minutes!

A@ron

Let’s face it, dvd2one had it’s day and many people paid for a very innovative piece of software for it’s time. But as everyone can now see, very little is being done to keep up with the current trend of software’s available. Just look at the GUI, with a couple days of study, and another few days of work, they can at least show they want to stay in the game. This GUI is at a very basic level. Even one of the posters here produce a nice looking piece of software that many people truly appreciate and use, and he asks for no money for it.

They are indeed getting Lazy…!

I don’t think they should update things
that are not mendatory sice this would be very time concuming and that time could be invested into other very and truely importent features. Dvd2One team was very suppurtive at first and they really tried to help you with everying, today they completely removed the promised features
form their web page. And I don’t know if it’s the best software anymore. (I didn’t try to use others exept for really heavy duty CCE and Maestro combined). I did hope that Dvd2One would further improve. many things are far from perfect and many importent features that were posted as an idea on thier page were removed. Dvd2One is very speedy but still you have to Rip the entire dvd to h.d before using it. and I think that for constant ratio Video stream It would have poor resualts. I do suppurt every software development that makes my life easier regardless if its for pay or for free. I love dvd2one very much, but today my need for a better software is great. (features&speed&quality)

I somewhat agree with some of the points that ge0rgieee & NDC made.

When I just got a DVD writer DVD2ONE was far the best program, all the other programs took longer and didnt look much better apart from the ones that took 3 hours+ (which is to long for me). But now there is loads of good programs with more options than DVD2ONE, I tried to use nero to convert a DVD9 - DVD5, It took about 1 hour (which isn’t bad) but I got more control of how much I want to compress the titles and the final result was noticeably better than DVD2ONE. If these guys wern’t as lazy and implemented the features MOST other programs already do then it would be a much more popular program.

I hope the guys here take notice of the features that people want and implement them.

Best Regards.

Barry :slight_smile:

P.S. DVD2ONE is a GOOD program but far from the GREAT program which it has the potential to be!

I totally agree with ge0rgieee! And this comes from a big DVD2one supporter!

I’m sorry to say that, bit if it wasn’t for the LayerBreak removal (which still only DVD2one does!) I would have switched to a different tool a long time ago.

Just look at it:

-Almost no new features added since first version. The oh-so-cool “constant mode” doesn’t count, because that’s the way the tool should’ve worked in the first place (but since we never get any info from the programmer, we didn’t know!). And: There’s dozens of possible new features to choose from, but nothing gets implemented… :confused:

-Still the same ugly-a$$ GUI. C’mon, guys… this looks like a VB programmers first try… sorry, but it’s true!

-Almost no information about new features planned (if any), the coding progress, or new versions. Everything’s always kept “TOP SECRET”… WHY, for god’s sake???

-Those little things they persistantly just won’t fix/change, like the annoying “open-in-the-middle-of-the-screen” issue (which would be a joke to change)…

I just cannot understand it…

Just my 5 cents,
S.

Oh what short memories some of you have. Prior to January of this year, there was nothing available for the average Joe. All movie copies took many hours of work, using CCE etc., it was a job that you set up on your way to bed and hoped by morning everything had worked ok. Many folk found it too confusing and gave up.

Then … everything changed …Dvd2one was launched …

Dvd20ne were the pioneers in a new breed of super fast compression software. Many of the veterans argued it wont/cant work and how can anything do the job in 15-20 mins.

We all know the quality benefits of CCE, but let’s face it, not many folks want to get in that deep, they are looking for a quick, simple solution.

As a compression tool, Dvd2one is rock solid stable, does the job well and is very fast.
IMO it serves the purpose it was designed for. Sure there aren’t all the bells & whistles many would like, but IT WORKS ! and it works well.

Lazy ? … not sure I would agree that the authors are lazy, maybe they achieved what they set out to. Their updates are few, but they have kept the program simple and that’s why it has been so popular. DVDShrink has gone from strength to strength, (I’m sure Erwin won’t ban me for saying that) and I use it as well as Dvd2one, but it can be rather complicated for newbies, especially the new version 3.

I reckon a lot of Dvd2one users were glad of it’s simplicity, at the beginning, but have now outgrown the original package. But you cant complain or blame Erwin for your growth. It did what it said on the tin and still does… so where’s the problem ?.

Maybe a version 2 is in the pipeline and you will all eat your words, but even if not, I am still happy and feel I got my full moneysworth.

It has nothing to do with short memory I have a very long memory.

What ever happened to?

1. Will combine flippers
  2. Will split 1 DVD to 2
  3. Change subtitle colors.

This used to be on the main page but now it’s completely gone. Are these enhancements a thing of the past?

No I believe those features will be part of version 2 :slight_smile:

A@ron

Wow–what a thread! Puts one in mind of what we might hear in the cacophony that would result in an open-debate of candidates for gov. of CA!
Why all the vitriolic comments? If D2O had stayed at 1.1.3, it would still be the best choice among ‘one-clickers’ (at least for movie-only). NDC, you posted about your question(s) re: Shrink, and received a civil, on-point response from Me (which you ignored, then rephrased as a ‘poll’ rather than clairify your question). And many post here (without ‘deletion’) about the individual strengths of related/competing programs…
Many of us don’t want developers to waste time (theirs, or ours) on useless GUI ‘improvements’ or other new features/gee-gaws that will do nothing for the quality-output of a movie-only compression–other than waste system resources to support it. The team has concentrated on appreciated improvements, like addressing layer-breaks, and offering a choice of Con/Var and bettering estimation to tweak yet more quality from the process itself. They’ve also responded to requests for simple convenience changes–like eliminating the need to click through useless screens at start-up.
There’s little more they can do to D2O as far as video-quality. Minor tweaks, perhaps–and they seem to concentrate on those already. An analysis-tool to improve the likelihood of getting ‘translation’/forced-subs right would be a welcome feature (and no one else has such, yet…). Flipper back-ups can be addressed nicely with a guide like sirscrub’s (and flippers number less than 80 out of 11,000 titles!)–why waste code on such an inclusion? Two dvd’s on one(?)–please, R’s/RW’s are crammed enough already…
If any one program, at even twice the cost and triple the time needed, can do a better movie-only copy…show me!