Dvd2one has to close

vbimport

Ok , I have seen that other users have had problems with the program , and have tried all the various solutions suggested but to no avail .

I have been having problems with three films so far :

Back to the future pt3
The Mummy Returns
Fellowship of the Ring extended version disc2

All will successfully decrypt with dvd decrypter ( 3.1.6.0 ), but all crash with dvd20ne (1.1.3 ) at various different times ; 82% , 63% and 33% respectively !

The program tells me it has to close and asks if I want to send an error report !

Please Help !!

I have successfully backed up over 100 other discs in my collection without any probs .

System spec :

Sony vaio with windows xp home
Amd athalon 1.2ghz chip
512 meg ram

Also, I make movie only backups for increased quality

Thanks

The Walrus

All the ones I tried work fine in movie only mode, but in menu mode they crash at 99% and just this second at 47%. There definitely is a bug somewhere in the program. Scary thing is, I got one movie to work fine a few weeks ago. Ever since then crash crash crash. Thet all decrypt fine, and play fine through POwerDVD in file mode. Go figure.

Originally posted by The Walrus
[B]Ok , I have seen that other users have had problems with the program , and have tried all the various solutions suggested but to no avail .

I have been having problems with three films so far :

Back to the future pt3
The Mummy Returns
Fellowship of the Ring extended version disc2

All will successfully decrypt with dvd decrypter ( 3.1.6.0 ), but all crash with dvd20ne (1.1.3 ) at various different times ; 82% , 63% and 33% respectively !

The program tells me it has to close and asks if I want to send an error report !

Please Help !!

I have successfully backed up over 100 other discs in my collection without any probs .

System spec :

Sony vaio with windows xp home
Amd athalon 1.2ghz chip
512 meg ram

Also, I make movie only backups for increased quality

Thanks

The Walrus [/B]

I think it depends on how you rip the movie with DVD Decrypter.

I have had similar problems, if I strip out streams with DVD Decrypter or just using PGC Mode.

Try using File Mode (hopefully you are not, and hopefully that is the problem :confused: )

I never had to use file mode before, but it seemed to clear my problem up.

Stevo

Originally posted by Stevo77
[B]I think it depends on how you rip the movie with DVD Decrypter.

I have had similar problems, if I strip out streams with DVD Decrypter or just using PGC Mode.

Try using File Mode (hopefully you are not, and hopefully that is the problem :confused: )

I never had to use file mode before, but it seemed to clear my problem up.

Stevo [/B]

Yeah been using File mode since the start. Seems it may be Decryptors problem…the newest and one prior wont work. The one before that works fine. Hmmm…

Yes I do use file mode but the crashing still occurrs !

Found 2 new films that do it :

Blade & The Guru

When it asks if I want to send an error report , I have had a look at the technical data it wants to send , but is there no way I can save that to let one of you experts have a look at ?

If I press dont send, it just closes the program !

Please someone help me !!!

Originally posted by Malique2
[B]

Yeah been using File mode since the start. Seems it may be Decryptors problem…the newest and one prior wont work. The one before that works fine. Hmmm… [/B]

How do you have Decrypter set to split in file mode? It must be set to “Split by file” otherwise it will make .vob files that DVD2One can’t use.

I will try back to futre part 3 tody and let you know how it went…

If you get that SEND ERROR REPORT screen … you can click on view technical data and it gives you file path in the bottom window … before closing it … you can copy that file location … click on start/run/ and paste it there and the file will open … then you can cut and paste that info from the file to an email and see if they can make heads or tails of it

I get the same errors…

I may try to backtrack on the dvd decrypter cause i used to be able to rip these movies just fine …

Hello all,

I did Blade, The Mummy Returns and BTTF3 without any problem !
PAL euro versions.
Best regards,

Lenco

As already discussed in other threads, the problem is DVD Decrypter. Please use V3.1.4.0 and make sure you use file mode.

Erwin

Originally posted by Lenco
[B]Hello all,

I did Blade, The Mummy Returns and BTTF3 without any problem !
PAL euro versions.
Best regards,

Lenco [/B]

Same here.

I haven’t experienced any problem with dvd2one yet (knocks on wood for good luck once more :stuck_out_tongue: ) and none with dvddecrypter 3.1.5/6.0 either.

whre can I get dvd decrypter version V3.1.4.0 as I have a later one from the official web site…

Originally posted by happyhkv
whre can I get dvd decrypter version V3.1.4.0 as I have a later one from the official web site…

If you still need it, I have a copy I can send you.

LMK your email addy and I’ll zap it over (598kb)