DVD2ONE Full DVD Shell

vbimport

I am not looking to start a war here, just trying to simplify things until the next version of DVD2ONE is available. I have designed a shell that shells over dvd2one and ifo edit in the attempts to make keeping menus almost a 3 click solution. Now I am not trying to take credit for anything. Hunk in another thread started to post a howto keep the menu’s but never really finished. At this point I am able to calculate the estimated space needed, and actually have dvd2one do the transcoding, create directorys, but when I start to use IFOedit with the get vts sectors, it never seems to play correctly. First Example

DVD: GreenMile

5 Title Sets, 2 sets of vobs.

It appears that the menu is encoded in the main movie VOBs which I believe at this point DVD2One elliminates this, so this particuliar DVD may be a bad tests. So if you guys are willing to help I am all ears.

Update:

I am currently experimenting with Jdobbs method, which may turn out to be the way to go. I will look to implement it soon. Any other info will be helpfull.

hmm, sounds interresting !

Keep working on it, I’m sure a lot of people would like to use it.

Well i have a 70%(about) success in the method i used in my thread it depends on the movie however i must say let’s wait for the DVD2one version update that does it all, it should come out soon since Erwin has Pinnacle Instant Copy 7 to compete with which by the way i purchased yesterday and tested it with the average quality way below Erwin’s DVD2one, in my opinion it totally sucks and i’m shocked to hear that someone can say it’s better? Anyway it isn’t worth writing a guide or not sleeping over the DVD2one’s Menu Guide since this feature will be implemented in Erwin’s future release(s) a little patience is the trick.

Originally posted by hunk4004
Well i have a 70%(about) success in the method i used in my thread it depends on the movie however i must say let’s wait for the DVD2one version update that does it all, it should come out soon since Erwin has Pinnacle Instant Copy 7 to compete with which by the way i purchased yesterday and tested it with the average quality way below Erwin’s DVD2one, in my opinion it totally sucks and i’m shocked to hear that someone can say it’s better? Anyway it isn’t worth writing a guide or not sleeping over the DVD2one’s Menu Guide since this feature will be implemented in Erwin’s future release(s) a little patience is the trick.

I was able to get the same quality as DVD2one(with 2 Languages selected) with Pinnacle Instant Copy 7(but, with only 1 language selected) so i have no doubt that as soon as Erwins ups his DVD2one with full menu support he’ll win the battle, it’s nice to see a single person(reminds me of Bill Gates) have the success that he deserves!

Most agree that IC7 delivers better quality than DVD2one. Check http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46630 for details.

I’m sure we will all be waiting for Erwin for a very long time, as he is too busy trying to defeat the pirates. There are reg codes all over USENET for 1.0.2 just days after it’s release. He’ll be busy working on that problem before getting to what his paying customers want.

The 1.0.1 update was nice, but many weeks late because of the pirate problem (bastards!).

HELLFISH:

I am sure you have never downloaded any software from USENET/Websites that you should have paid for…and am strictly using DVD2ONE to make backups of your own DVD’s, nor do you rip music cd’s that aren’t your own…

I’m just playing devils advocate here… not slagging anyone off!

I am a little stumped with IFOedit, I have been working on a shell for DVD2ONE to do full 1:1 dvds and have run into a small problem. When I subclass IFOEDIT and select Create IFO, it does not release control back to my shell. Any input would be great.

Ultimately I am creating a shell utility that I can create a script for subclassing to automate the dvd2one, ifoedit and ifoupdate procedures that were first introduced by hunk4004 and finalized by jdobbs. I may further look to implement shelling or utilizing the nero api to then burn. Why am I doing this? I guess I am board, and its entertaining me for now.

@dun4cheap:

Wow!!!

This really sound very interesting.
Do you need any beta tester?

Milkman

DVD2ONE_Shell Update… DVD 1:1 with a few clicks

Well it is now in its beta stage and I will probably look to release a version this weekend. So far, you are able to select the filesize for the extras and the main movie. Obviously you are still at the mercy of DVD2ONE v.1.02 estimated sizing.

Jdobbs Method:

Create new IFOs with IFOEDIT for each VTS
Run Each VTS through DVD2ONE
Merge proper Chapters from new to original IFO files with IFOUPDATE

The end result is a VIDEO_TS directory complete. The shell simply automates all of this for you.

Example DVD That I have done

GreenMile Widescreen
DVDDecrypter Ripped entire disc in Filemode: 22 minutes
DVD2ONE Shell: 51 minutes for encode and restructure

Unfortunately I don’t currently have an episode DVD but this should easily work in this scenario.

Good news can’t wait to tri it out:)

Originally posted by t1955feb
Good news can’t wait to tri it out:)

Agree with that, sounds great! :cool:

@dun4cheap:

How is going the development of this application ?

Milkman

Well I am considering posting an ALPHA version this evening before I leave for Vegas. It is a little buggy, and the IFOUPDATE portion does not seem to work on all DVDs. For example I did spider man, and it worked well, Green Mile worked well, I did Armagedon and when it plays the intro it skips and repeats then locks up power dvd. The shell portion seems to work well, but it could use a couple more error checking routines that I will put in next week. If I get a chance to post the alpha version, I will put the info right here.

If anyone has any info or work around with the ifoupdate let me know.

dun4cheap

Alpha Version

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I cannot be responsible for any loss. This is version 1. Please note that it shell IFOEDIT version 95, IFOUPDATE 69 and DVD2ONE v. 1.02. You must have these programs installed for DVD2ONE_shell to work.

this is the shell by itself
http://home.san.rr.com/tealeafs/dvd2one_shell/DVD2ONE_Shell.exe

Full install of shell:
http://home.san.rr.com/tealeafs/dvd2one_shell/dvd2one_shell_full_setup.zip

Basic Howto

First: you need to use decrypter or smartripper and rip the hole dvd to an appropriate directory. Once this is done, simply load DVD2ONE_Shell.

NOTE: The first time you load DVD2ONE_Shell, you will be required to help locate the executable files for IFOedit 95, IFOUPDATE 69 and DVD2ONE 1.02.

Second: Select File and Select DVD Source Directory, and select the VIDEO_TS.ifo. DVD2ONE_shell will then show the structure and attempt to locate all the VTS files

Third: Select a destination drive. I recommend using a different hard drive other than the one you have ripped the dvd on as a destination drive. Set the dvd title appropriately.

Fourth: DVD2ONE_shell will attempt to adjust the sizes of the VTS files to meet a certain drive size. By default I have put 4462 in, but you can adjust this if you would like. It also by default reduces the extras by 50% and then adjusts the movie by what ever else is needed. Feel free to make adjustments where you see fit.

Press The Start Button and Cross your fingers. The error checking for drive size does not currently exist, so make sure you have appropriate drive space on the destination drive or things will go crazy. Also remember that you are at the final mercy of DVD2ONE for file size as it is not exact. Currently the DVD2ONE_Shell selects all the subtitle and audio. In the future I may have it do different, but sub classing the sysview control has been difficult.

If you don’t like this program, simply don’t use it. If you have positive feed back or suggestions than post it here. There are no warranties, this software is use at your own risk.

dvd2one_shell_full_setup.zip is corrupted and DVD2ONE_Shell.exe asks for a .dll file.

Hmmm, well I d/l it from my office and it worked fine. Try and d/l it again and install it.

However, I made a new executable since the one I first posteddid not allow you to adjust file size.

let me know what you find out…

http://home.san.rr.com/tealeafs/dvd2one_shell/DVD2ONE_Shell.exe

great program !

shall try it tomorrow. the only bad thing is that my dvd burner is broken today :confused:

dun4cheap

I tried your shell on the movie unfaithful. Dvd2one got stuck on a titleset. It said select movie but it was blank. Nothing to select…

@dun4cheap:

I try your program and I like it. However the only problem that I had, is that the final size of the new VIDEO_TS file was 4.40 GB ( greater than 4.37 GB) so I can not burn it to a DVD-R. When I try to make the transcoding again I notice that my original “source file” was changed in a way, that I cannot re-use it again!!! The original VIDEO_TS. ifo file was missing…

Milkman