DVD2ONE chapter problem

vbimport

after running DVD2ONE 1.02 on the movie HunchBack of Notor Dame, then burning with record now max I have seem to have a problem in my standalone player, it tends to just see the chapter points and only plays the first 1 second of each and I can not get it to stop it just goes through the chapters as if its the movie. Has anyone had else experianced this problem? I tried transcoding and burning twice, I have also achived perfect copys from this program, the only thing new is that I updated to 1.02 and I recently just put in a second harddrive and reinstalled Windows XP, and put on a new heatsink fan but I dont think that has anything to do with it,lol. please help my sons getting kinda pissed.

Originally posted by dreadogg
after running DVD2ONE 1.02 on the movie HunchBack of Notor Dame, then burning with record now max I have seem to have a problem in my standalone player, it tends to just see the chapter points and only plays the first 1 second of each and I can not get it to stop it just goes through the chapters as if its the movie. Has anyone had else experianced this problem? I tried transcoding and burning twice, I have also achived perfect copys from this program, the only thing new is that I updated to 1.02 and I recently just put in a second harddrive and reinstalled Windows XP, and put on a new heatsink fan but I dont think that has anything to do with it,lol. please help my sons getting kinda pissed.

What happens if you play your movie in PowerDVD or WinDVD before you burn it? Just curious to see if the problem existed before you burnt.

By the way, I can never express this enough. Always make it a habit to preview your movie before burning to see that everything is working the way it should be. It can save you from making a lot of expensive beer coasters. You can do it in PowerDVD, WinDVD, or my method main method, IFOedit. Ifoedit gives you a least a better error than that software players.

In the mean time, if you have your movie ripped to your harddrive, just let your sons view the original DVD. It won’t hurt to let me watch it while your working on the backup. They’re happy, you’re happy.:smiley:

oh sorry it works fine on my pc but not in my standalone player, also I have played these disk on my sony dvd player that supports both the dvd-r and dvd-rw formatt and have never had problems I have made over 60 successful backups prior to this using ifo edit dvddecrypter to dvd2dvdr. A friend of mine told me that after I am done doing the rip and transcode I should open up the ifo file in ifo edit and get VTS sectors can anyone confirm this? Also what is the easiest way to view the movie from a VIDEO_TS folder so that the software dvd player thinks that it looking at a disk without converting formatt? I ushally just open up seperate vob files to check for sound sync and image quality. Again thanks alot for the response I new to this forum.

You can use IFOedit to view your DVD in your DVD-drive or your hardrive by opening any of your movie’s IFO and pressing your DVD Play button.

or you can use PowerDVD XP, which I have, with selecting your source option to open up a DVD file on your harddrive.

but still no one has any comment on this problem or has an idea on how to solve it? Whats with the Get VTS sectors idea that my friend told me to try anyone do this before thier burn with IFO eDiT?

You should always get VTS Sectors in IFOedit before you burn. Correcting start sector addresses is only needed for standalone DVD-Players and not on your computer. If something is out of place, it will correct it. If not, nothing is changed and you’re good to go. If you need information on this, here’s the author of IFOedit, Derrow, explanation on getting VTS Sectors.

Correcting start sector addresses

I hope you get enlightened by this.

Thanks alot I have used ifo edit alot in the past and still use it all the time, I was just under the impression that DVD2ONE does the correcting of the VTS sectors after or during the transcoding process, the thing that enlightened me about that turtorial that the author of ifo edit wrote was that you should restart IFO edit before correcting VTS sectors as if you were doing a dvd decrypetr rip then stripping vob extras then correcting the VTS sectors you would restart first then correct after I ushally just do it all in one shot then burn the output file. So I was wondering if you all make sure you restart then correct VTS sectors? But anyway i will re transcode then correct the VTS sectors and see if it works, if not Im gonna give Instant copy a run and see where that gets me!