Dvd2one 1.22

I ripped The Man with the Goldengun with dvd decryptor. I am using 122 and am confused with what compression to use. Variable or contstant. Both take about 65-80 to convert in full disk mode. Why does 113 only take about 30 minues. I also only get about 2.4 gig size after the convert with 122. I want to use 122 becuase of not locking up the pc, but it takes longer and does not use the custom size of 4400 MB. I have a p4-1.9 512MB memory and winxp pro sp1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Kizer

Anyone have any help.

OK … first off use Variable, unless the film is a long one (over 2 hours)
The output size depends on what you set it to. If you wantt 4400 just enter that figure.
The time to process depends on System spec/Full Disk or Film Only/Length & size of original etc.

You haven’t given enough info for anyone to answer this one.

I just copied MwtGG/movie-only with 1.2.1…
Time processing was only about 6 minutes, and output size was normal (I generally set size for 4452).
Your results/time seem very skewed…?

1.2.2 is slower not 1.2.1, loggy. It is because DVD2One now does “pre-scanning of files for better estimation of destination size in Full Disk Copy mode.” Like Pinnacle’s InstantCopy does.

Originally posted by digitalmaniac
1.2.2 is slower not 1.2.1, loggy. It is because DVD2One now does “pre-scanning of files for better estimation of destination size in Full Disk Copy mode.” Like Pinnacle’s InstantCopy does.

Really–thanks, I hadn’t heard that–I’d only seen reference to the mem-allocation stuff and the notion that now it’d allow better Windows perf. during use.
Now I’m eager for the patched 1.2.2, seeing as how it performs a better-quality video processing…
From D2O site:
"DVD2one V1.2.2
Here’s a maintainance release of DVD2one with the following update:

Optimized reading of vob files, by using less system resources:
Windows is now better accessable when DVD2one is running, it’s not ‘locked’ anymore.
DVD2one is even faster now!"

Prescanning should be neglible in the equation to determine how long it’ll take. In my experiences so far, pre-scanning only takes a few seconds (less than 10) and does not add to the processing time.