DVD2One 1.1.1

vbimport

Brilliant work, this version works OK.

I’m not sure if I should be able to read directly from a DVD Movie or not. Anyway I can’t, still use DVD Decrypter first.

Just want to say this software is amazing, kep up the good work.

no - you should NOT be able to do it straight from a dvd - and you never will be - because that would instantly make dvd2one an Illegal software. The original DVD is encrypted for copyprotection - this is the reason you allways have to first rip it to harddrive with smartripper or dvd-decrypter which removes the encryption.

Just got the new version, and tried the full dvd option for my movie “8 mile”…

Took only 35 min. Awesome!!!

The movie had DTS, DD, etc… and was 111 minutes…

The Quality for menus was awesome, and the extra stuff was also awesome…

As for the movie, WOW, better than I thought it would be… VERy VERY good picture…

Way to go guys, are trully are the sofware gods!!!

The only feature I wish was present for the 1:1 copy would be to select only 1 audio, and choose to not have any subs…

Besides that, It was worth the wait…

Can’t wait for the new transcode engine for long movies…

Originally posted by Muad’dib
The only feature I wish was present for the 1:1 copy would be to select only 1 audio, and choose to not have any subs…

I have to say that this is the only feature I can think of that I want too. I have not purchased DVD2ONE yet, but will do so the day this feature is included!

Discarding audio might make a difference - especially big DTS streams - but I doubt subtitles would. They’re very small.

As a general note, you should always be wary of dropping English subs (when using other tools) as one or more of them might actually be required !

-Pete

Yea, I’m not too concerned with subtitles myself, but getting rid of un-needed audio (like French, German or Spanish tracks when I only speak English) could save a lot of space and therefore reduce the compression needed on the video and produce higher quality outputs.

Undoubtedly.

Have you seen Rene’s little guide to using IFOEdit to shed unwanted audio? Might be worth your while.

-Pete

I have seen it. I hate to sound like a newbie on this, but I just don’t want to do all that. I know I can as I have done similar stuff before using my current software package. I just don’t want too. I know, I should be happy with what DVD2ONE has to offer and like I’ve said, it is 95% of what I want. That one feature will have me purchasing the product.

where is Rene’s Ifo Edit Guide?

It’s here :

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66382

ripping subtitles can actually save a few hundred mb! On some european DVDs you have a huge number of them, the highest count I got was about 40, 20 for the movie audio and the same number for the directors commentary audio track. In these cases you can save a huge amount of data.
Directors Commentaries could also be discarded in some cases, on the LOTR special edition this frees up a HUGE amount of data since you have four commentary tracks. Then again, I bought this version for the additional infos…

I CANT SEEM TO FIND THE NEW VERSION OF DVD2ONE 1.1.1
EVERY TIME I TRY TO CLICK DOWNLOAD OR CONTACT I GET PAGE CANNOT BE OPENED. IVE BEEN AWAY FOR A FEW WEEKS AND AM WONDERING WHATS THE DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM.

I just clicked on download everything is fine… Is your Caps stuck???