DVD2One 1.1.1 & file size too big

I just tried to copy “I Spy” using 1:1 and came out with a final result of 4.41 which is too big to burn to disc. This disc has both widescreen & fullscreen versions on it. I used smartripper and then ran dvd2one.

I didn’t change any settings nor try to delete any features. This was the 1st disc I tried at 1:1. I used the default DVD±R setting of 4472.

I tried it twice and got the same results. I THEN ran the 4.41 version thru DVD2One again and this time it came out at 4.36 and burnt okay.

Why would it not get it right the 1st time? Could it be something with both versions of the movie on the disc?

Yeah those are tricky and really you would’nt want both versions on there anyhow for compression reasons. Usually for disks like these I just do movie only on the version you want. But I suppose Ifoedit could be used to remove the vobs of the version you do not want.

same thing on tripleX xXx
using 4472 it came out 4.41

lowering the 4472 to 4000 and the movie will fit.
or take out 1 extra and run it whit dvd2one(update the IFO+get vts sectors after that) then it also fit and you have a perfect burn;)

just play a bit whit the files
anyways the quality isnt that good keeping everything
stripping out subs/audiostreams is the best option here to keep quality movie

You guys are doing something very wrong… I have mine set to 4460 (because I include my own JACKET_P folder) and it works fine.

I had the same problem too with Reservior dogs file was too big. What I do now is set my size to 4400. And it worked.

I had the same problem with i-spy to

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like it must be a problem with certain movies trying to get the max size.

Originally posted by goober22
[B]I just tried to copy “I Spy” using 1:1 and came out with a final result of 4.41 which is too big to burn to disc. This disc has both widescreen & fullscreen versions on it. I used smartripper and then ran dvd2one.

I didn’t change any settings nor try to delete any features. This was the 1st disc I tried at 1:1. I used the default DVD±R setting of 4472.

I tried it twice and got the same results. I THEN ran the 4.41 version thru DVD2One again and this time it came out at 4.36 and burnt okay.

Why would it not get it right the 1st time? Could it be something with both versions of the movie on the disc? [/B]

Re-transcode the copy and it will bring it down to a burnable copy. I had the same problem with Inspector Gadget 2. It still takes less time than any other program out there and the quality is great all the way through, including the extras. It would be hard for me to tell the difference between the original and the copy and I watched it on a 46" Mitsubishi.

With DVD2one 1.1.1 in full movie mode with SIGNS, the output is 4.37 which is too big to fit. DVD2one has always been perfect in its sizing before the full mode was added (almost always 4.35). I’m sure there will be a fix in the next release.

P.S. I do not want to change that ceiling from 4472. I’ll wait for the software to catch up.
(a second pass took 7 minutes and brought it to 4.35)