DVD2AVI frameserve issue

vbimport

Hi,
I normally dont have any problems using DVD2AVI to frameserve MPEG 2 video in order to encode using TMPGEnc, but I have just hit a problem. My source MPEG 2 is in widescreen format and for some reason DVD2AVI changes the aspect ratio to 4:3. This makes the video look bad. I found a another version of DVD2AVI (version 1.82) which appears to have the features I require in order to retain the current aspect ratio. However, TMPEnc refuses to load the d2v file.
Any ideas? or other methods?

I find that with DVD2AVI as well. It all gets sorted out when I add the resize filter in Virtual Dub. Still superb quality :slight_smile:

From what I understand DVD2AVI never changes aspect ratio. 1.76 is the only version of DVD2AVI that will work with VFAPI and the mpeg2dec*.dlls . Are you running DVD2AVI yourself or are you using a all-in-one frontend like DVD2SVCD?

/MLS

Originally posted by MLS
1.76 is the only version of DVD2AVI that will work with VFAPI and the mpeg2dec*.dlls.

Not true mpeg2dec3 supports both 1.76 and 1.77.3. VFAPI I would imagine will work with whatever DVD2AVI D2V project reader VFAPI plugin you happen to have installed.

In TMPGEnc just set both the source and output to 16:9.

DVD2AVI 1.76 does not change the aspect ratio at all. You need to set TMPGenc as C_D said.