Dvd Xcopy Platinum

Okay. Here’s the deal. I bought Xcopy platinum in 03 apparently before it was banned. I paid almost 200 bucks for it. To make a long story short, went through a divorce, put computer in storage, didn’t use computer but maybe twice after loading software on it and it got hit by lightening. I lost PC. Okay. This was six years ago. Now, I have a new laptop, tried to load Xcopy on it and I get error 42 Startup error. I can’t get it to run. I can’t find any way to contact 321 studios for a refund or help, I tried calling the numbers provided in the software packaging but all the numbers are no longer in service. Their website has nothing about contact information. I just found out yesterday that Xcopy was banned in 03. What can I do to get it to run or get a refund? I have the original packaging and everything, I just don’t have the reciept as my ex-wife probably got it when I moved out. Please help me…

Sorry they did go out of business as the courts and movie studios did that. Feel free to check out what there is now. There is DVD neXt COPY (no affiliation) DVDFab, 1click, CloneDVD2 and anydvd just look at this section of the forum as all the software there has a free trial.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/

This software is hopelessly out of date. My suggestion is to use a combination of free software that will perform better, or buy one of the commercial programs that are offered today.

Using free tools:

1. Download DVDFab HD Decrypter. It is the free decryption/ripping section of DVDFab and will continue to function even after the free trial for the main part of DVDFab expires. Found here: http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

2. Download DVDShrink. It is an all in one program, in that it can decrypt/rip and compress the movies to fit onto a blank dvd recordable disk, but it hasn’t been updated to deal with new protection schemes that have come out in the last few years. Nor will it. Development has stopped on DVDShrink. You mainly want it for the compression capabilities. Just click on DVDShrink in the first sentence of this paragraph and it will take you to the download here at cdfreaks.

3. Download ImgBurn. It is a free burning program. www.imgburn.com

So, to copy a movie, start DVDFab HD Decrypter, rip as files to the hard drive, then start DVDShrink and open the ripped files with it. Select what you want on the dvd (it can be all, just the main movie, or you can remove unwanted sections like foreign languages). Let DVDShrink compress the movie. Then burn to a disk with ImgBurn.

The full version of DVDFab will do all these things in one program, but is not free. And they are using a subscription model, so you would have to pay for periodic updates.

There are other commercial alternatives as well if you are interested. [Edit: And I see Dr. Who has mentioned them]

Thank you for all your help, however, what your saying is that basically I got screwed outta 200 dollars? Is there no way to get ahold of 321 studios to get a refund??? Thank you for all your help.

Refund for a purchase in 2003? No

That’s what I figured… Well, atleast I have the program! LOL. Even though it’s completely useless… Well, maybe I’ll have better luck with the other programs I downloaded. Thank you both so much for your help. I was really at a loss as to what to do. Thanks again.

No problem I hope you find what works best for you.