Dvd xcopy 4.0.3.8 question about ripper?

i have a legit 3. 2. 1 dvd xcopy platium. could someone inform me about the xcopy 4.0.3.8 full version? dated june 2004 ! does it have the ripper like the 3.2.1 version. do i just install it or should i unistall 3.2.1 version…
thanks for ur help in advance -any suggestion will help :confused:

DVD X COPY is a dead peice of software. I wouldn’t even bother using it any more. Puts backup warnings on your DVD, Copy Protects your backups, ect. I would seriously give DVD Shrink/DVD Decrypter a shot. Legal freeware and they are kept up to date. :wink: Anyways, 321 was issued a cease and desist order for selling their software and so pretty much all support has been canceled. An upgrade might just end up with you having a completely defunct piece of software. :wink:

I agree totally. I have the original platinum version which has the ripper. Then when I decided to update just for the heck of it, the damn thing couldn’t rip any movies anymore. I had to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall from the disc all over again, then it worked again for the most part. Big headache until I finally figured it out. :frowning:

WAS IT THE 4.0.3.8 UPGRADE?? iT WORKS FOR ME WITH THE 3.2.1 VERSION BUT SCARED TO UPDATE. OTHER THAN THAT IT WORKS FOR ME OK. i JUST HATE TO HAVE SPENT THAT MONEY SOME MONTHS AGO TO SEE IT DIE AWAY!

mdies, version 4.0.3.8 has the ripper still. But i advise the ripper free version (which has no backup warning screen and can be made into ripper). PM and i will give you a link for owners of this product.
Thanx

I’ve pm’d you about this info but haven’t gotten any response from you yet. Can you email me this info at gcbondoc@hotmail.com when you get a chance. Thanks.

Well, never mind TheTruth & thanks for nothing! But after some research of my own I found this link to be one of the many ways to get rid of that back-up warning screen made by dvd xcopy xpress. If you want a little background or history of how this little patch came to be then follow this forum thread many thanks to PsiDoc on this one. :bow: