DVD writer won't recognize Sin City

My DVD writer will not recognize Sin City. The light goes on and the drive attempts to read the disc for about a minute until the light goes off and stops trying to read the disc.

My drive is DRU-510A with 1.1a firmware, which is the latest I believe. The disc works in my stand alone DVD player but I don’t have another computer to try it on.

The drive has had a few problems with newer DVDs i.e. Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 4 Disc 2 (Disc 1 worked fine) and 40 Year Old Virgin (which eventually worked after multiple tries). With those the drive would click quite a bit but that doesn’t even occur with Sin City. Um, not sure what other info to give but let me know if there is anything else.

I would assume the laser is dirty or wearing out, assuming that the discs are clean. You might try some of the cleaning discs with micro fine brushes. Otherwise, your drive may need replacement.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea why only newer DVDs would be giving me a problem?

Because newer pressed DVD VIDEO come with newer and “improved” copy protections.