DVD Writer wont read

Hi, I was reinstalling a new windows xp on a pc from my cousin and she had a Samsung DVD Writer. The drive was working fine, i was able to use it to install the drivers and softwares, until i was done installing all the necessary softwares. And then i delivered it to her house and open the PC so that i will install the printer drivers and softwares, the drive was not able to read the disk. Tried another one but still it wont read.

So i tried to check if the drive is working or not. Reboot the Pc and insert and bootable disk. It works. So I assume theres nothing wrong with Drive. But whenever I’m inside windows xp, the drive wont read any Disk, either Cd or DVD’s. Checked the device manager and windows says it working. No problem. I really dont know what happen.

Pls help me on this and also if somebody experienced this kind of problem before pls share your experienced and also your solutions how to resolved this problem.

By the way, this was not happens once, but it also happens before.

Thanks a lot and more power to all.

If InCd and Alcohol are installed, remove them.

No INCD installed. in fact i didn’t installed ant burning softwares. but wait i installed daemon. can this the reason i’m having right now?

[QUOTE=vaikz;1928013]No INCD installed. in fact i didn’t installed ant burning softwares. but wait i installed daemon. can this the reason i’m having right now?[/QUOTE]

remove daemon tools as well.:wink: