DVD writer recommendation

Which writer can produce the most secure and best quality burns? Other factors like speed don’t matter.

I would like to produce burns that has the least amount of errors and last for as long as possible before deteriorating. They are supposed to store important files.

I quoted your last post in the Newbie forum, as the discussion is best carried on here:

[QUOTE=Goit;1927031]I have posted a help thread in the burner forum, basically I want the one that produces the most secure and best quality burns that can last as long as possible. Speed doesn’t matter, as long as it can read all media fast enough without skipping it’s good.

So which one would you say is best suited for my purpose? Is it the samsung?

I should mention that I burn DVD+R and DVD+R DLs and CDs only. No DVD-. No RW.

If plextor just repackage other stuff, why are they still so expensive?[/QUOTE]

I would say LG matches that criteria. I too burn +Rs, and as I said the LG is excellent with those.

As for the Plextor question…hehe, who knows. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1927038]I quoted your last post in the Newbie forum, as the discussion is best carried on here:

I would say LG matches that criteria. I too burn +Rs, and as I said the LG is excellent with those.

As for the Plextor question…hehe, who knows. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’ll get the LG then. You mean the H62N right?

The LG isn’t so slow that it can’t read some types of media or files fast enough to stream right? Like does it skip when reading compressed files?

I got the H62N. I’m going to try it now.

Ive heard many good things about the H62N, you mind posting some scans when you get a chance?

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1927425]Ive heard many good things about the H62N, you mind posting some scans when you get a chance?[/QUOTE]

How do I do that?

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1927425]Ive heard many good things about the H62N, you mind posting some scans when you get a chance?[/QUOTE]

Hi BoSox, here’s a couple of scans that I did for member candida (who bought the H62N and is happy with it):

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1846503-post11.html

Off-topic: I forgot about the LH-20A1H scans as I’ve had a lot to do, but I’ll try and do them today/tomorrow :wink: