[QUOTE=jcroy;2786853]Also nowadays if I come across an older problematic disc from my collection, I will frequently just buy a new copy if it is $10 or less, instead of trying to “salvage” it with isopuzzle.
For example back in the mid-2000s, Universal released many of their dvd tv season sets on double-sided flipper discs. I had many Universal shows which were released on these cantankerous double-sided flipper discs, such as:
- Magnum PI (seasons 1 to 4)
- the original Knight Rider (all four seasons)
- the original Battlestar Galactica
- Murder She Wrote (seasons 1 to 3)
- Columbo (season 3)
- The A-Team (seasons 2 to 4)
- Miami Vice (seasons 1 and 2)
- Rockford Files (season 1)
- Sliders (season 3)
- Quantum Leap (seasons 2 to 5)
- etc …
(Universal eventually discontinued releasing stuff on double-sided flipper discs, probably due to too many complaints and returns).
These Universal double-sided flipper discs were largely salvageable using IsoPuzzle. But after awhile, I just got sick and tired of dealing with them.
In the end, I ended up just buying the single-sided discs re-releases of all these flipper disc titles, which were eventually re-released a few years ago. Most of these single-sided discs re-released season sets were around $10 a pop (or less).