DVD Writer Not Recognized by Windows 7

vbimport

A new HP 1260i DVD/CD Writer is recognized by BIOS and HP desktop hardware but not by Windows. Device Manager driver reinstalls and device uninstall/reinstall produces an Error 32. I’ve followed the Microsoft ‘fixes’ down to the letter with no luck and also uninstalled any existing software relating to DVD’s.

Suggestions?

Thanks to any and all.

GaryG

Hi and Welcome!

what is the operation mode of the controller you have connected your drive to? Also information about the controller itself could be helpful as well.

Michael

Don’t know offhand Michael. The computer belongs to my daughter-in-law - I’ll probably go back over there Thurs/Fri and will find out the controller info.

Thanks for your attention.

[QUOTE=GaryG;2619378]A new HP 1260i DVD/CD Writer is recognized by BIOS and HP desktop hardware but not by Windows. Device Manager driver reinstalls and device uninstall/reinstall produces an Error 32. I’ve followed the Microsoft ‘fixes’ down to the letter with no luck and also uninstalled any existing software relating to DVD’s.

Suggestions?[/quote]

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Turned out to be a Registry issue, confirmed by trying a CD boot (which was a boot-up option) and then letting the Registry do its’ thing during a normal boot. Once the Upper/Lower filters were removed things were just fine.

Thanks again.

Glad you got it working :slight_smile:

Michael