DVD Writer Not Detected

Hey you guys … i just got myself a new Motherboard … and Processor … AMD anthlon 64X dual core 4000+ and ASUS Motherboard … reinstalled Win Xp … everythings workin Fine … but yesterday i got myself a new "LG Super Multi DVD writer " …

and when i start my computer this is the message i get :frowning:

"Boot Media Not detected … Insert Boot Media and Press any key to continue " !!!

this is what happens :

1. Turn on the PC
  2. ASUS logo flashes
  3. screen is Black and then the message displays …

Please guys help me out … I’m using a 300 watt Power Supply …

What setting did you give your new drive? Sounds like you made it the primary boot device and it is looking for your operating system on the DVD Writer.

Check your jumpers on the back of the drive, make the burner a slave or cable select if it is attached in the middle of the cable.

bean55

your primary Hard Disk MUST Be MASTER Jumper
and DVD Writer’s jumper MUST BE SLAVE

The burner works better if you make it a master also, if possible make it the master on the 2 nd IDE cable for better performance.

bean55

What was said above applies to machines using IDE. If you have SATA drives you need to be sure of the order they are searched. A mix of drive types can also cause some confusion. More food for thought:)

Hey I got my DVD Writer Running … Thanks …

well here was the problem … The Cable Was that connected the DVD rom to the motherboard was also connected to my hard-disk … So the PC guy came and he talked about doin something with the Jumper … which i didn’t quite understand … anyways i’m Happy about my New “DVD-RAM” <---- Dual Layer !!!

thank you Peeppaaallllz

[QUOTE=rv_84;2021652]Hey I got my DVD Writer Running … Thanks …

well here was the problem … The Cable Was that connected the DVD rom to the motherboard was also connected to my hard-disk … So the PC guy came and he talked about doin something with the Jumper … which i didn’t quite understand … anyways i’m Happy about my New “DVD-RAM” <---- Dual Layer !!!

thank you Peeppaaallllz[/QUOTE]

rv_84
That would be the jumper on the back of the DVD Burner as I and Hashan both referred to.
It would have been better if your PC guy could have moved the DVD Burner to the secondary IDE cable and made it master there. You may start getting some bad burns, you need to take it slow to start with to check that out. A lot of pople get a lot better performance making the burner a master.

bean55

ohh okok … but How do i do that … i mean how do i make it the master … and does that mean makin my HDD Secondary !!

[QUOTE=rv_84;2022194]ohh okok … but How do i do that … i mean how do i make it the master … and does that mean makin my HDD Secondary !![/QUOTE]

NO Your Main HDD has to stay Master on the primary ide cable,

If you have a secondary cable , and it is being used switch the master on it to secondary and put your burner as the MASTER.

If you do not have a secondary cable being used at all ,buy or get a 80 pin ide cable and hook it up. Then set the jumpers on the back of your burner back to the MASTER position and attach it to the new ide cable that you hooked up.

bean55