Dvd writer cannot write

vbimport

hi guys

my dvd writer got problem!

It can read but it can’t write. It used to work fine. I tried to burn dvd on Dvdfab, nero and ulead but couldn’t.

I am afraid my dvd writer is damaged! any idea how can i check wheather it is capable or writing or not.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

bring it nearest service centre.

[QUOTE=vangough;1688153]hi guys

It can read but it can’t write. It used to work fine. I tried to burn dvd on Dvdfab, nero and ulead but couldn’t.

I am afraid my dvd writer is damaged! any idea how can i check wheather it is capable or writing or not.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

many thanks[/QUOTE]

From what you’ve written, I think you’ve already checked it and answered your own question.

I just bought a new drive with the same problem as yours…it’s going back to be replaced by a new drive.

With the cost of a new DVD drive being in the $20-$40 neighborhood, it’s not worth it to get it fixed, or even fool around with it…just replace it.

OC

:slight_smile:

Hi,[QUOTE=vangough;1688153]

It can read but it can’t write. It used to work fine. I tried to burn dvd on Dvdfab, nero and ulead but couldn’t.[/quote]Is there any error message?
You may also try to attempt burning with ImgBurn and post the log here.

Could also be a software issue.
My personal testing method is using a Live Linux booted from an USB stick.

Michael

Do you guys know your posting on a 2 1/2 year old post a newbie answered?

:o
Doesn’t matter now. Perhaps someone else will find this information useful :wink: