DVD write problem

vbimport

I have a Matshita UJ-810. I try to burn a DVD onto a DVD-RW using Nero Vision express 2. For some starnge reason it doesnt recognise the disk as a DVDRW on the front of the disk it says:

DVD-RW
Ver 1.1
Rewritable
1-2Xspeed
4.7GB sp120min

with the DVD logo (and RW beneath it)

made by PRINCO.

What am i doing wrong? It doesnt even seemto recognise it in Nero burning rom.

Thanks

ill tell you what your doing wrong,your using one of the worst medias princos are junk and apperantly your burner doesnt support the media code those medias have so see if theres a firmware update available it might fix it and if not then youll have to get another media brand,all burners are compatbile with only certain mediacodes ,if you have a program that hide atip such as clonecd/alcohol 120% it can prevent the burning software to identify the media if its supported at all in the burners firmware,
if you have clonecd check tray for “hide cdr media” and if alcohol 120% search in options for “ignore media type”

Thanks Phil. There is no available firmware for Matshita UJ-810 (have the latest one installed). I do have clonecd installed but it NEVER runs when the system starts up (ive disabled that option) but ill check that option out. Any media you would recommed for a DVD-RW (as thats what my DVD burner supports)

Thanks very much

I am new to all of this and I could use some assistance. I am trying to burn my video files on my Nec 3520a and having no luck. The burned disc will play in my dvd drive on my computer but will not work on any of my dvd players. The errors I am getting are (no disc) on players and a (format disc) error on my dvd recorder. If I format disc it erases what i’ve burned. I am burning with Nero 6.6 and Cheetah dvd burner. The media I am using is Sony DVD-rw. What am I doing
wrong?

Sony DVD
DVD-RW
Ver 1.1
Rewritable
1-2Xspeed
4.7GB sp120min

You need to run dvdinfopro and see what the exact media id is, and check to see what media your dvd player prefers.