DVD won't spin

vbimport

First off a big HELLO from Louisiana:).

My problem is my dvdrw does not reconize any dvds. It tries to spin, then it stops. I have been on the forums for a couple of days trying to see if I can find an answer. I can’t download anything that has a rpc1 in the address. I keep getting an internet error. Is there another way to get these files to see what is going on with this burner?

Thanks for any help you may have.

Joyce

Lite-On SOHW 1633s

[quote=cajunlady50;1994639]First off a big HELLO from Louisiana:).

My problem is my dvdrw does not reconize any dvds. It tries to spin, then it stops. I have been on the forums for a couple of days trying to see if I can find an answer. I can’t download anything that has a rpc1 in the address. I keep getting an internet error. Is there another way to get these files to see what is going on with this burner?

Thanks for any help you may have.

Joyce

Lite-On SOHW 1633s[/quote]

I forgot to mention:

It reads and writes on cds but just won’t reconize any dvds. Anybody out there can explain this to me?

I know that this may seem like a stupid question, but is it your computer dvd player or your tv dvd player?

Unfortunately the RPC-1 site appears to be down and we don’t know when it’ll be up again.

It’s possible that your drive needs a clean since something may have stuck on the DVD lens. Otherwise it does happen that the DVD optical pickup unit (OPU) has failed, and only CD read/write works because it has a different OPU.

To cure the former possibility, gently brush the lens with a clean paintbrush. For the second possbility; if it won’t recognise commercial pressed DVD movie discs, unfortunately there’s no cure except a new drive :frowning:

[I][B](@Toking14:[/B] the LiteOn SOHW 1633s is a computer DVD writer.)[/I]

rpc1.org & forum is up since a while. :wink:

It’s a computer dvd burner.

[quote=imkidd57;1994846]Unfortunately the RPC-1 site appears to be down and we don’t know when it’ll be up again.

It’s possible that your drive needs a clean since something may have stuck on the DVD lens. Otherwise it does happen that the DVD optical pickup unit (OPU) has failed, and only CD read/write works because it has a different OPU.

To cure the former possibility, gently brush the lens with a clean paintbrush. For the second possbility; if it won’t recognise commercial pressed DVD movie discs, unfortunately there’s no cure except a new drive :frowning:

[I][B](@Toking14:[/B] the LiteOn SOHW 1633s is a computer DVD writer.)[/I][/quote]

Thank You for the response… How do you go about cleaning the lens? Do you open the case or the door and use the paintbrush?